OT: The Semi-irregular Music Thread | Can I Dance to It?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The only thing about Ether is that Damaged Goods was the song that always brought be back.
Entertainment is one of my favorite debut albums as a whole. In my opinion one of the most influential post punk albums (even if it did come out 2 years after Pink Flag and Marquee Moon)...

On a different note, I've been listening to Wire - Chairs Missing a lot lately. What a fallow up!

There are better songs on Entertainment for sure than Ether but it’s a brilliant opening track to set out what the band is and that bass line....kinda like GTBT....great song, probably not the best on LZ 1.....Wire album a favorite of mine as well

Reactions: RizzleMcRib

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
An honorable mention on opening tracks should go to The Cars, Good Times Roll....not my favorite on that album but very good debut song on a brilliant debut album....

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I was talking about the Cars the other day. I think they are one of the more underrated bands.
They don't get enough credit.

Like many late 70s bands who played into the 80s, they released some saccharine 80s pop tunes that impacted their later rep....

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Also should probably mention Blinded by the Light, debut song on Greetings from Asbury Park...became a better song by Manfred Mann but really good song on an excellent debut album....

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah but i don't know why, this is about the only song that gets me teary, always gets to me no matter what.

*curses the Skynyrds for giving birth to one of the greatest songs ever*:mad:

:yo:

So you’re telling me you don’t sob like a 5-year-old when you hear this one? Please...

Reactions: BladeRunner66

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
So you’re telling me you don’t sob like a 5-year-old when you hear this one? Please...

Good call, that's probably why i don't listen to the Cat anymore, too emo for me.

I did follow him for a little while after his conversion, good shit, weird but good.

Reactions: Andy99

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I am happy and sad to see music from 98 being used as the example of "back in my day when music was good." On one hand, it makes me feel old, but on the other it makes me so happy to see Chumbawumba used as an example of when music was good :laugh:

That video also made me realize that I don't actually have any clue what new popular music is. This is America is the only song he listed that I know.

Chumbawamba are great, it's just hilarious to me that an anarcho-punk band got so popular because of a song that was basically antithetical to everything else they've ever written. Still loved that album, though. The Good Ship Lifestyle is so utterly, oddly soothing.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Chumbawamba are great, it's just hilarious to me that an anarcho-punk band got so popular because of a song that was basically antithetical to everything else they've ever written. Still loved that album, though. The Good Ship Lifestyle is so utterly, oddly soothing.
Wait they have other songs?

Reactions: Brandinho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad