OT: The reporter/chroniquer/analyst that you hate the most

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Bergeron used to be a "favorite" because he was funny.

I was listening to him when I was coming back from the music store and he said the following:

-Plekanec is a third liner.
-Galchenyuk will be a winger, he doesn't have the talent to set-up the play (!!!!!!!!!!!)
-Galchenyuk will be a 20-25 goal forward, nothing more.
-Desharnais is the go-to guy on the team.
-Vanek will resign because he's playing with DD.
-Kovalev was a guy who held on to the puck for too long and he was always tired for that (true)
-Then he says Vanek never takes nights off.

I lost my ****.

I litterally did.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
First place goes to Francois Gagnon.. Then Gaston Therrien... And if we included host Stephane Langdeau. So basically half of the rds team.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

I was listening to him when I was coming back from the music store and he said the following:

-Galchenyuk will be a winger, he doesn't have the talent to set-up the play (!!!!!!!!!!!)
-Kovalev was a guy who held on to the puck for too long and he was always tired for that (true)

I lost my ****.

I litterally did.

You *literally* lost your ****?

That tends to happen when you flush the toilet.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Stock and Healy, their utter bias consistently, the way they get their panties in a bunch
when the Leafs lose, the way they love to kick the habs when they are down. I mean Kelly Rudy has a reason to hate the Habs but these two mentioned above are disgusting.
and I find it funny that these two are always putting their foot in their mouths or getting busted on a hypocrisy or flip flop. Its funny how Weeks is always just looking at these two thinking "are you done so I can say something intelligent."

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke

I lost my ****.

I litterally did.

He must have been trying to hit buttons. Galchenyuk at 20-25 goals? He has serious consistency issues, but he's 19 for crying out loud.

Then again, he probably believes Vanek would resign to play with DD. I don't hate the little guy, but if a scorer would want to stay in Montreal, it isn't to play with Desharnais.

He's not THAT good.

MJN79

Nov 21, 2008
Gagnon has been getting on my nerves lately.
I cant stand Gaston Therrien, I find the crew for the 5a7 to be absolutely garbage, I don't understand what they are doing on TV.
The Lajoie, Tremblay and Chatelois are terrible as well.

I really like Johnson and Ferraro on TSN, I am surprised no one mentioned Ferraro as a liked personality. Gord Miller also does a great job and so does Cuthbert.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
1.Raymond
2.Tremblay
3. Gagnon

HM: Basu (based off Twitter), Wilde (based off Twitter) and Lu

I really like reading Arpon Basu's stuff. NHL fans' gain was Hab fans' loss when he went over to NHL/LNH.com. A guy who wrote about the Habs with intelligence, and actually used *gasp* facts.

Godin is good. I like most of the on-air guys on TSN. CBC, not so much. Weekes and Freidman are OK, the rest of the band of morons on CBC should be locked in a soundproof room that is then filled with cement.

Of course when we get a good long look at Sportsnet next year we might be pining to hear from Healy or Stock again.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
LOL...no its not.

You need to read about "Sophie's Choice"

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Sophie's_choice

And for the thread, my answer has to be Réjean Tremblay and/or Bertrand Raymond. I wish choosing one over the other was actualy a Sophie's choice!

Sophie's Choice is not a good analogy. It's not a dilemma when you're offered the opportunity to choose which one you dislike the most because your conscience wouldn't bother you no matter whom you choose. You're at liberty to name both if it pleases you.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Would be much simpler to simply name the 1 or 2 analysts that we actually enjoy. :laugh:

But yeah, Gaston Therrien and Francois Gagnon are something. Really something. When they somehow have to interact with the players, it's always an epic facepalm.

Think about it. For a lot of players, the first contact they'll have with french speaking québécois is through these 'journalists'. They must think we're a bunch of morons!

Réjean Tremblay is at least fascinating in the sense that what he writes today could have been written a good 20 or 30 years ago. The guy is like a time machine. When I feel like reading some stuff from the past, I read today's Tremblay. He still probably uses a typewriter and sends his stuff by fax. Then there's an exasperated editor at the journal who has to digitalize that in some way.

What's particularly exasperating is that Tremblay is an intelligent man who indulges in chauvinistic thinking. The others match him in their prejudices but not in intellect.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Surprised the talks about JC Lajoie, I think the last time he appeared on TV was three years ago.

Now as far as my choices, it's the unholly trio of Gagnon, G Therrien, Langdeau. And i'm gonna put Chantelois in there. La Bande de Mononce of Montreal sport.

It's embarassing and disgusting seeing Francois Gagon talk sport at L'Antichambre with guys that have played the game. To see him say to them that they are wrong to their ****ing face. Nowadays I NEVER watch the show when he's there.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
At least, with the Houde/Denis and McGuire/Dubé, we have two good pairs for description. Dubé is really good, he really knows his **** and it was really fun to listen to him on TV during the Olympics. Houde too, he was so excited for small teams like Slovenia and to pronounce all those weird names, you could feel the passion. Meanwhile, on CBC, you had the vastly overrated doing those games with his monotone voice... God he sucks.

I also really like Ron Fournier. He spews some **** sometimes but other times, he's level headed. And most of all, he's really entertaining.

habitue*

Stock in English and Gaston Therrien in French are at the top of my list. I don't understand how they can make a living with the level of incompetence they got.

I could easily live without Michel Bergeron and Don Cherry. Time a'changin '

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
For the ones that focus on the Habs the most, it's gotta be Francois Gagnon, Jack Todd, and PJ Stock. Dishonorable mention to Brian Wilde.

For the hockeyverse, in no particular order, Glen Healy, Craig Button, Steve Kouleas, Don Cherry, and we'll say the entire Sportsnet team.

mikeg

Feb 28, 2004
Easy enough since I don't follow the French media:

Tony Marinaro. The guy just annoys the crap out of me, I always turn the radio off when I hear his voice. Last year I was at soccer coaching clinic at Catalognia, and the old impact coach (Marc Dos Santos I think) was there to give a speech and take questions from coaches about coaching. And of course Fat Tony was there.

It was for coaches to ask for advice, drills etc. That fat annoying bunch of curse words stands up and asks a couple of questions that were more appropriate for a radio interview, nothing about helping young coaches... it just struck me as such a douchey selfish thing to do, it showed such little respect for all the volunteer coaches that took several hours out of their day to sit and learn and be away from their families on a weekend, I just found it classless, but not really surprised considering the source.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00