OT: The reporter/chroniquer/analyst that you hate the most

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I think Brunet is pretty good in his current role. He's not a good enough speech to think about stuff to say right away, like it's required to be a color commentator, but having him between the periods gives him time to prepare what he's going to say.

He has a pretty good hockey mind and makes good points during the intermissions.

Well, Brunet critize always the 2-3 same players, and praises his 2-3 favorites all the time.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Réjean Tremblay
Bertrand Raymond
Jack Todd
Tony Marinaro
Benoit Brunet

...but the WORST is Jean Charles Lajoie. What a pompous self righteous arse this guy is.

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
Unfortunately I do not have the priviledge of your announcers in Canada, unless it is a TSN Habs broadcast.

HNIC--hate the toronto focus there. They will get me yelling at TV if its habs buds match--It is what it is though

Bruins announcers--I remember the announcer calling a solid check a felonious hit. A hard hit in hockey is a felony??!!?? WTF

Chico Resch--homer, boring and needs to go--My uncle has been season tix holder in NJ since beginning and he was given a suite for a game and guess who I got to shake hands with..YUP the guy I absolutely despise. And he then gets my wife and I on TV with our Habs jerseys on at a Kings Devils game. We wear our colors proudly

Doc Emerich is a horrible homer when he used to do Devils games but as a national broadcaster there is none better IMO.

The guy I love is Howie Rose on the Islanders broadcast. Great play by play.

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
I pretty much hate everyone except for Mitch Melnick, McGuire, McKenzie and Marc Denis.

I know I'm going to love Strombo though!

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
If I never watched a habs game and consumed everything that PJ stock fed me, I would think that the habs are dead last in the league, with no hope for the future.

That is the mark of a bad (and biased) "analyst". He may as well be a typical HF poster.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Surprised no one has said that they like MAG. He is a fantastic reporter.

Was it MAG who came on a two summers ago to replace vacationing 98.5 FM hosts? He was incredibly entertaining.

I abhor François Gagnon, he's just plain creepy, with that serial killer clenched teeth chuckle of his, which he complements with odd body contortions. Apparently, he is a member of Tinder, a dating site that Olympic athletes were using and an ad for Tinder mysteriously appeared on his twitter account a few weeks ago. :sarcasm:

Gaston Therrien cannot be taken seriously, he's just plain goofy. Marinaro steals from Ted Tevan, his lines, his tone, his delivery, it's over the top. His questions are total beach balls, there is so little to salvage from his interventions -- plus, his penchant for soccer and trying too hard to find soccer schools that his kids can attend in Europe disguised as interviews with those who run them, is amateur radio hour.

Rodger Brulotte as a hockey panelist, makes no sense. He's constantly using baseball examples to make hockey points. Enough Rodger, go buy yourself another pair of Elvis elevator shoes.

Réjean Tremblay, Bertrand Raymond and Stéphane Leroux and their language/ de souche lobbyism disguised as sports talk, GTFO.

Stéphane Langdeau, what's with the little girl giggles? Better suited as a companion for the creep-tards on 5 à 7.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Was it MAG who came on a two summers ago to replace vacationing 98.5 FM hosts? He was incredibly entertaining.

I abhor François Gagnon, he's just plain creepy, with that serial killer clenched teeth chuckle of his, which he complements with odd body contortions. Apparently, he is a member of Tinder, a dating site that Olympic athletes were using and an ad for Tinder mysteriously appeared on his twitter account a few weeks ago. :sarcasm:

Gaston Therrien cannot be taken seriously, he's just plain goofy. Marinaro steals from Ted Tevan, his lines, his tone, his delivery, it's over the top. His questions are total beach balls, there is so little to salvage from his interventions -- plus, his penchant for soccer and trying too hard to find soccer schools that his kids can attend in Europe disguised as interviews with those who run them, is amateur radio hour.

Rodger Brulotte as a hockey panelist, makes no sense. He's constantly using baseball examples to make hockey points. Enough Rodger, go buy yourself another pair of Elvis elevator shoes.

Réjean Tremblay, Bertrand Raymond and Stéphane Leroux and their language/ de souche lobbyism disguised as sports talk, GTFO.

Stéphane Langdeau, what's with the little girl giggles? Better suited as a companion for the creep-tards on 5 à 7.

It was Mathias Brunet.

I don't get the hate for Leroux... Really not.

Ones I dislike ? Langdeau, Todd and Marinaro. HM to G. Therrien and Mathieu Darche, who appears more miscast than anything else.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
- Réjean Tremblay has to be the most annoying journalist I know. Thinking he knows so much, always playing the same tune, and in the end, not knowing anything.

- François Gagnon is extremely unpleasant as he is another Mr.Know-it-all who tries to pretend as if he's neutral while constantly praising the Sens and bashing the Habs. I have no problem with a journalist being a homer. But be honest, and say it.

- Gaston Therrien and his Quebec rants at draft day and the fact that I'm ****ing frustrated to see that you actually can have that great job without even preparing yourself with all the mistakes he makes...

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
No need to post a huge list:

François Gagnon

Why?

He never played the game and if he did i bet he was bad. Started covering the Sens and he still lick their nutz ( RDS will be the Sens official broadcaster over TVA next year).

He's hard to avoid as he gets air time on CBC and TSN from time to time. He's even in a ****ing TV ad.

He like to say the Habs want to keep Gionta and talk about Bouillon like he's god. He's pale like a ghost with yellow teeth and just suck the life out of you like that guy in the office.

office-lieberstein56.jpg

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

That can't be more untrue. If anything, Leroux is lobbying for Timmins. He did have a few "what about this Quebecer", but most likely, he keeps saying that we had no choice, that there were not a lot of Quebecers to choose from, that we have to give the kids a chance, have to wait and see etc. Contrary to Gaston Therrien who has NO IDEA who those players are and still want the Habs to pick them.

One thing though......Leroux knows more the Q than probably any Q scout the NHL has. So the Q is Leroux's home. Pretty normal that he knows it much and talks about it more. And that he'll protect it as much as he can just like another guy who follows one other league or the other....Leroux is positively biased towards the Q, like me, yet, knows his stuff all around. Reason why RDS is such a dumb TV station...they have 1 guy who actually knows the kids and it's Leroux. What do they do during draft day? They use him to ask the questions..."So....for the people in Montreal, describe the kind of player you are..." And "Do you speak french". Management in RDS has to be one of the dumbest of them all. Reason why I'm glad that TVA Sports enters the game as well.....RDS took the fans too much for granted. Time for a reality check.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
- François Gagnon is extremely unpleasant as he is another Mr.Know-it-all who tries to pretend as if he's neutral while constantly praising the Sens and bashing the Habs. I have no problem with a journalist being a homer. But be honest, and say it.

I always have the impression that he is kidding when he talks about the Sens. I take it as more of an inside joke than anything.

What I hate of him is the controversies he creates when he takes a sentence out of context and make a huge deal about it. He's ultra friendly with the players and then trick them when they speak their mind. I don't think he did it lately but still...

I tend to avoid the talk shows and we don't receive the newspapers where I live so I am only exposed to the rds game staff these days. I still hate Chantelois Jean Perron and Michel Villeneuve but I don't even know if they are still in the business.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
François Gagnon, he just doesn't know what he's talking about, really pretentious for a guy who barely watch hockey. Gaston Therrien for obvious reasons, he has a gigantic ego and a minuscule brain.

PricePkPatch*

Nobody else has Gildor Roy-induced fits of rage?

I punched a hole in my wall after listening to his mindless droning.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
PJ Stock vs Jack Todd

Its like the Irresistible Force vs the Immovable Object of stupidity. That would be bad enough but both seem like jerks on top of it. They are the bottom of the barrel.

Glen Healy, Jack Edwards and Nick Kypreos, they're conducting things on the dumbtrain too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad