OT: The reporter/chroniquer/analyst that you hate the most

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
François Gagnon is just a big troll.

I used to like Mathias Brunet but now I feel he just likes to brag about things he said 2-3 years before.

Gaston Therrien has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

Damphousse is excellent, he's a future GM IMO.

I wholeheartedly agree.

He loves to brag but man does he hate being reminded of some of the things that turned out to be wrong.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
As far as the actual "fans" of the team go, I dislike the following:

Marinaro because he thinks he's so well connected when in reality he just has a big mouth.
Jack Todd because he's an idiot. He's not a habs reporter per se, but he loves to stir the pot and he thinks he's so smart and controversial when in reality he just has ridiculous opinions and nobody cares about what he says anymore.
Brian Wilde because he's way too opinionated and he spews his garbage opinions out too much. I followed him on twitter for a brief moment and he gave me a headache trying to read through all his spam. He's a grade A idiot.

I don't think I ever heard Wilde say anything that made sense to me . Total idiot.
The other day on Marinaro's show when asked who this years revelation is, he aswers Tyler Seguin...........like he came out of nowhere ,who would have thought. Gee a second over -all draft pick turns out to be a good player ,what a surprise ,what a REVELATION

Definition of REVELATION:
Something revealed, especially a dramatic disclosure of something not previously known or realized

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
On Coaches Corner, in a game featuring the Habs/Leafs, not one Hab mentioned by name.

You know Cherry would pluck his nose hairs to create on-air tears for Tim Bozon were he a Leaf prospect. Die CBC , die!

Hermamoud

Feb 21, 2008
Luc Gélinas' draft coverage is so terrible and full of his Québec players agenda. I still remember once he said something like "cette année, le Canadien n'a pas décidé de cracher sur le Québec comme il l'a fait les années précédentes."

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
Does anyone else read Brian Wilde's "Call of the Wilde" columns? They are actually quite good.

Also, no love/hate for the Montreal Hockeytalk guys?

I don't watch any pregame or post game coverage on TV, I tune in to websportsmedia instead.

Corey Collard, Nick Murdacco, Steven Hindle, Rob Elbaz, Rick Springetti and a bunch more.

I also really like following Andrew Birkshire of Habs eye on the Prize.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Gagnon is a pain because he likes the Sens...but he's plugged in and knows his stuff pretty good.

Its not just about his opinion of the Habs. He's also a prenticious ****er. You know he's bad and mot respected when RDS doesn't let people comment on his article anymore.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Marc Deer-in-the-headlights Bureau.

His comments always seem bundled up in a thick fog.

One of his most-memorable one-liners has little to do with hockey analysis -- last year on Le Match, he made a comment about they used to deal with whiny wimps during his playing days.

Tu leur sacres un bon coup de poing din chicklets, pis ça règle le problème.

Yeah Marc, brilliant. Let me put my fog lights on. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Marinaro: If I wanted to know which restaurant to eat at or where to host a party, I'd read up online. He's a living, breathing commercial, who just can't stop talking about himself. Toots his horn when he's right and when he's wrong, he acts like nothing ever happened. A total tool.

Francois Gagnon: Yellow-toothed troll.

Brian Wilde: Knows nothing. I am still pissed about when Diaz was signed here, he and I talked about the type of player he was. And by talked about, I mean he asked me what Diaz was all about and having watched him before hand, I gave him my evaluation... He then went on CTV later that night, re-hashed everything I told him AND GAVE ME NO CREDIT!

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I find this funny....and not ha ha. I've seen moderators on this site blast people for trolling, or zap their threads when its too similar to one that already exists, but nothing is done about this blatant racist, ignorant comment made above. good job.;)

I was wondering about that too considering its like saying any number of racial slurs. Should I go through the list or just throw a banana at Kevin Weekes. On topic though, Weekes is a very good analyst, better than almost everyone on CBC. Hate Dreger Cherry of course, Milbury(how did he not get mentioned in this thread?) Galley..anyone connected to the bruins really. I like Mike Johnson. Strangely not a fan of Mckenzie. He WAS good, now he is all about how awesome he is, and he doesn't follow the game nearl as well as he once did. Also agree about Duthie. SOmething smarmy about him and he does seem to have that special kinda passive aggresive hate for the habs. Always with a smrik when talking negatively about them.

The CBC last night was one of the most blatent homer games I have seen for a national game. If this is any indication of the Rogers deal. Then I hope the leafs continue to suck so they lose revenue on this idea to be totally leaf centric. Definately the worst I have seen CBC, and that is saying a lot. Totally amazed that cherry can somehow ignore the habs game every single time we are on unless we are losing. I actually have no idea what CC is suppose to be about these days. Did I mention I hate Ron McLean. His schtick is old and all he want is that one liner, go into comedy if thats the case Ron. Can't comment on the french announcers. My french isn't good enough to be that pissed about them.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Marinaro: If I wanted to know which restaurant to eat at or where to host a party, I'd read up online. He's a living, breathing commercial, who just can't stop talking about himself. Toots his horn when he's right and when he's wrong, he acts like nothing ever happened. A total tool.

Brian Wilde: Knows nothing. I am still pissed about when Diaz was signed here, he and I talked about the type of player he was. And by talked about, I mean he asked me what Diaz was all about and having watched him before hand, I gave him my evaluation... He then went on CTV later that night, re-hashed everything I told him AND GAVE ME NO CREDIT!

OH NO HE DIDNT

no.gif

:sarcasm:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Mathias Brunet and MAG are two of the few franco journalists/analysts/whatever that I can stand. At least in the MSM. Olivier Boucher and Mathman are quite excellent too, if you can read french.

As for anglo stuff.... I read less and less of it the older i get. If I want to read some intelligent stuff in english, I've got a shortlist of people here on hf I fall back on: Ohashi, whitesnake, et le but, crimson, hoto, habsfan18, habsprospects, Dr. Gonzo etc, etc.

I don't think there's anything I need to read that isn't covered by those mentioned above.

Can't believe I've actually seen someone defending the joke that is Francois Gagnon. :laugh:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Mathias Brunet and MAG are two of the few franco journalists/analysts/whatever that I can stand. At least in the MSM. Olivier Boucher and Mathman are quite excellent too, if you can read french.

As for anglo stuff.... I read less and less of it the older i get. If I want to read some intelligent stuff in english, I've got a shortlist of people here on hf I fall back on: Ohashi, whitesnake, et le but, crimson, hoto, habsfan18, habsprospects, Dr. Gonzo etc, etc.

I don't think there's anything I need to read that isn't covered by those mentioned above.

Can't believe I've actually seen someone defending the joke that is Francois Gagnon. :laugh:
Missed the cut again... :shakehead

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
Todd is a POS draft dodger with a god complex. Stubbs cant write an article that criticizes the habs because he is afraid he wont be able to eat at moishes with the players. Elliott price of the morning show for his know it all attitude.

Also why is it none of the older media guys cant take criticism without resorting to "oh u must be drunk"?

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland

That's what media members do they don't know anything they ask other people what's up and then report it

habitue*

On Coaches Corner, in a game featuring the Habs/Leafs, not one Hab mentioned by name.

You know Cherry would pluck his nose hairs to create on-air tears for Tim Bozon were he a Leaf prospect. Die CBC , die!

+ Bozon is a real "Frenchie" French.... Another reason fo CHerry to not talk about him.

We all know that Cherry never fought any war for Canada anywhere on the planet.... But listening to him..... What a ****ing joke of a man.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Todd is a POS draft dodger with a god complex. Stubbs cant write an article that criticizes the habs because he is afraid he wont be able to eat at moishes with the players. Elliott price of the morning show for his know it all attitude.

Also why is it none of the older media guys cant take criticism without resorting to "oh u must be drunk"?

You just reminded me, I do like Elliot Friedman.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
You just reminded me, I do like Elliot Friedman.

I think it will be a fine day when I see Friedman, a hard working, balanced, and respectful insider sitting at the big desk and guys like Stock and Healey who "played the game" are cashing EI benefits. Friedman has all the makings of a Bob Mckenzie, with the obvious advantage that he'll be on the big stage for 12 years.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
I wholeheartedly agree.

He loves to brag but man does he hate being reminded of some of the things that turned out to be wrong.

My friend and I have been discussing this aswell this season. He says positive things only concerning Price, Kekalainen, Shea Weber, the rest of the time he complains about dirty
plays, reffing, league management etc. Most of the time he has a sarcastic tone in his texts and it usually takes shots at the Habs. Philippe Cantin does the same **** and he hasn't written anything in his blog for a while. The whole team of journalists covering NHL are haters most of the time. Richard Labbé either writes the game resume or he writes a column when something is going wrong with the team.

Lapresse is such **** now, they haven't found anyone to fill in Gagnon's and King's shoes. Not that i liked those two guys particularly, but at least there was NHL related content on the website. I find myself going on blogs for thoughts and analsys on whats going on. I disregard the rumors on those sites and they're actually quite enjoyable if i do that.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I think it will be a fine day when I see Friedman, a hard working, balanced, and respectful insider sitting at the big desk and guys like Stock and Healey who "played the game" are cashing EI benefits. Friedman has all the makings of a Bob Mckenzie, with the obvious advantage that he'll be on the big stage for 12 years.

I'll take him over Mckenzie, due to the simple fact that I think Elliot Friedman actually watches hockey.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I think the only column I read is "30 thoughts" by Elliotte Friedman. I read Puck Daddy once in a while. They post funny stuff sometimes.

From La Presse MAG is decent. Mathias Brunet kinda turned me off in the last couple of years.

Shoutout to Guillaume Lefrancois from Radio-Canada. I like him on Twitter.

Buc

Oct 8, 2013
Toronto
I'll take him over Mckenzie, due to the simple fact that I think Elliot Friedman actually watches hockey.

He was on the radio in Toronto this week doing a 3 hour show on the fan 590. He seemed like he knew a ton about all the sports they talked about and to me seems to be a legit sports fan with great insight.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

What I like about Friedman, like McKenzie, is he puts his own opinion secondary to that of the people he speaks with. He will attach himself to the credibility of a GM or a player or a coach, even sometimes by stating generically that an "NHL General Manager tells me that...".

Guys like Stock and Healey are all about their talking points, their opinion, their editorial, they talk over each other and dismiss the less aggressive panelist like Weeks and Friedman. Yet, given their air time they come across as less informed than a guy like Friedman.

I remember Friedman on fan 590 Toronto and I would never have imagined he'd get to where he is now, that's how much work he has put into his career. I wish him success and I wish all sports people would study like Elliotte has.

Last edited:

stubbadub

Jul 12, 2009
Nova Scotia
open.spotify.com
In order: PJ Stock, Mike Milbury, Glenn Healy, Tony Marinaro. The first three I would love to see canned, and Tony has only really annoyed me the past couple of years so he can still redeem himself a little, but my God has he ever said some stupid things in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad