OT: The reporter/chroniquer/analyst that you hate the most

PricePkPatch*

I know some people here have a special kind of hate against either PJ Stock or Francois Gagnon, and it's clearly deserved. However, I wanted to ask you, people, which one you despise whenever you hear. The one that gets you enraged, and makes you want to punch the wall because he's hypocrite, dumb and populist.

For a time, I couldn't stand Michel Villeneuve (from Les amateurs de Sport) because I found him to be the eternal hypocrite whiner. He would say "I don't want to bash on player X, but here's why player X is a loser". He would never find anything good to say, and always want to **** on the club.

But.

But I found someone worse. Someone that I genuinely want to punch everytime I hear him talk on the radio: Gildor Roy. The man is a blatant Bruins homer who can only find negative things to spew in his afternoon chronicle. He often say that the Habs deserve to be crushed, and never gives anything positive despite a backhand complement. I just heard him on the radio, and he actually slammed down Vanek's performance by saying that he's still a lazy bum who never achieves anything.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Francois Gagnon, first class *********, no professionalism and just plain annoying in how he discusses his matters.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Gagnon, Gaston Therrien, PJ Stock, Glenn Healy, Rejaune Tremblay, Bertrand Raymond.

I like Marc Denis, M-A Godin, Chaumont, Lavoie, Darche/Damphousse, Bergeron (can't take him seriously).

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
PJ Stock
Gaston Therrien
Réjean Tremblay
Mario Tremblay
Bertrand Raymond
Michel Villeneuve
François Gagnon
Jack Todd
Glenn Healy
Alain Chantelois

Last edited:

Analyzer*

Stock, Healy and the reporters.

Does it shock anyone The Reporters are on, and only on a Sunday at 11 ?

Nobody is watching tv at that time.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I hate Bergeron and think he's an idiot and that most people here have a better understanding of the game, but the guy is side splittingly hilarious I can't hold it against him.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
I hate Bergeron and think he's an idiot and that most people here have a better understanding of the game, but the guy is side splittingly hilarious I can't hold it against him.

Same here. Used to not like him so much but now he's cool, in a weird way.

CreamOfTheCrop

Jan 13, 2009
Montreal
No hate for Marinaro ?

I HATE HIM.

Gaston Therrien is a no brainer and Bertrand Raymond is a Pejorative Slur.

Carbo/Damphouse/Darche are pretty good analyst.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Gagnon is up there for sure. I do not care for Raymond and Therrien. However, at the end of that, all roads lead back to Glenn Healy.

I guess my favorite to hate is John Garrett, but he's exclusively a Canucks color guy.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Would be much simpler to simply name the 1 or 2 analysts that we actually enjoy. :laugh:

But yeah, Gaston Therrien and Francois Gagnon are something. Really something. When they somehow have to interact with the players, it's always an epic facepalm.

Think about it. For a lot of players, the first contact they'll have with french speaking québécois is through these 'journalists'. They must think we're a bunch of morons!

Réjean Tremblay is at least fascinating in the sense that what he writes today could have been written a good 20 or 30 years ago. The guy is like a time machine. When I feel like reading some stuff from the past, I read today's Tremblay. He still probably uses a typewriter and sends his stuff by fax. Then there's an exasperated editor at the journal who has to digitalize that in some way.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Too many to name but the guys I really can't stand are Normand Flynn, Bertrand Raymond & François Gagnon.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Norman "expert hockey" Flynn "expert"... and Gaston "mais y ress une chose" Therrien

Ah yes, Flynn. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I was not in a position to necessarily criticize at the time since I had never seen Galchenyuk play heading into his draft year.........but he would've taken Mathew Dumba!?!?!?! I would rather risk a player who lost a year to injury than take the beggar's version of Subban.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Réjean Tremblay tops my list. Smartass from Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean that thinks everything he says or thinks is clever but most of the time it's headscratching worthy. Honorable mention to Gaston ''mais y ress une chose'' Therrien, who talks like a Pejorative Slur.

It'll be way easier to list the reporters I like :

- Dubé and McGuire
- Mario Tremblay is likeable
- Mario Langlois
- EDIT : Damphousse is pretty good too. Doesn't overreact like the cheerleader that is Stéphane Langdeau.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00