OT: The reporter/chroniquer/analyst that you hate the most

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
OMG.....All RDS Staffs....lol!

Gaston Therrien and Benoit Brunet are the absolute worst for me.
Closely follow by Mario Tremblay.....

PricePkPatch*

Well, I have to say I also like Darche, Carbonneau... Dube is awesome. Damphousse. Even Latendresse was interesting, even if he isn't really comfortable.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
As far as the actual "fans" of the team go, I dislike the following:

Marinaro because he thinks he's so well connected when in reality he just has a big mouth.
Jack Todd because he's an idiot. He's not a habs reporter per se, but he loves to stir the pot and he thinks he's so smart and controversial when in reality he just has ridiculous opinions and nobody cares about what he says anymore.
Brian Wilde because he's way too opinionated and he spews his garbage opinions out too much. I followed him on twitter for a brief moment and he gave me a headache trying to read through all his spam. He's a grade A idiot.

WillHabs12

Lalime's awkwardness
Apr 15, 2013
Québec
Bon Match!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 2

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
No hate for Alain Chantelois?

I always thought he was a poster on this board because of how bipolar he is.

When the Habs are losing, he says we don't have any decent players and should thank MT for having a good record.

When the Habs are winning, he's planning the parade.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Vincent Damphousse is my favourite analyst. I like all the ex-hockey players, except PJ troll Stock. I have something against Duthie, but I don't know why, he's decent, I just don't like him. Finally, Bertrand Raymond is the worst !

damack

Jan 3, 2014
PJ Stock and Glen Healy are at the top of the list.

Last edited:

CarrePrisme

Feb 7, 2009
Michel Bergeron and his references to his short-lived career still make me cringe, no matter how many times he brings them up.

The second-hand embarassment is just too much.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Enrico Ciccone is pretty decent as well, from what I've seen. I don't really watch Le Match, but last time I caught a glimpse of that show, he was the only one not being a complete Pejorative Slur.

As far as RDS go, I like most past players. Marc Denis, Denis Gauthier, Darche and Damphousse are all pretty good. I think Carbonneau is the most boring analyst on TV ever, though. He has the elocution of a 7 years old. Bergeron and Tremblay can be pretty funny, but their hockey knowledge isn't all that great. I like Houde and Machabée as well.

Last edited:

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Gagnon. Will never forgive him for being the reason Cammy was shipped out of town. Plus this guy gets paid to talk about hockey, and actually thought Weaver was a centre when the Habs acquired him and lipped about it. Mooooooooron.

I'm usually indifferent with Craig Simpson, but my most "want to reach through the TV and smack you" moment occurred with him earlier this year when Canada was playing Austria at the Olympics. Canada went down a man and were killing a penalty. Simpson has the audacity on the air to say "Now, if you're Canada here, do you take another penalty so you can practice your 5-on-3 PK on the big ice?"

I don't know if it was meant to be a joke (didn't sound like it), but even if it was that was the most arrogant, classless thing I've ever heard from a commentator. I was embarrassed to be cheering for a team that was being backed by this clown. Not only does that make us look bad as a country (arrogant as ****) but it also made Austria look out to be a joke. These guys are olympic athletes for crying out loud, trying hard for their country. I was so pissed off. I thought I was the only one who noticed it, and then my buddy calls me like literally 10 seconds after and starts going off about the exact same thing. "Did you hear what he just said? What a (blanking) idiot."

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
To be fair I don't hate any of them but varying levels of dislike is probably more accurate ;)

Francois Gagnon - Dude is a dinosaur and a tool, don't like him at all, bottom of the barrel type guy who would never have a job if the current crop of journalists in this province wasn't already so poor.

Jack Todd - Heh, hard to call him an actual journalist but still. (Guy knows absolutely nothing about the topic he writes about.)

The cast of 5 a 7 - It's downright cringe worthy watching this show, which is why unless I'm with people who do, I never watch it.

Mario Tremblay - Another dinosaur who should be put out of his misery

Tony Marinaro - Would be alright if he focused on hockey and not singing, soccer(not that I mind but the amount of it is too much) and speaking Italian.

Benoit Brunet - Not as bad as people say, but he isn't exactly great either.

The ones that I actually like?:

Bob McKenzie, but that one is easy.

Knuckles Nilan, calls it like he sees it even if he isn't eloquent.

Most of the other 690 guys are also OK.

Pierre Houde - Nobody calls a game better.

Marc Denis - Huge improvement on Brunet

I never disliked Pedneault to be honest, never thought he was nearly as bad as people say. Also loved having Demers, wish he'd return to the lineup.

Carbonneau - I like him too, but I find he's a bit neutered. It's like sometimes he wants to go against the grain, but he doesn't want to make others look bad with their ignorance. Especially on Anti-Chambre, you can see him holding back or trying to be more polite than he has to be in his responses. Sometimes they'll all rail on a player or topic, and Carbs will go against them, and it's just like... silence. It's like they respect him too much to counter his argument, despite the fact that he just contradicted everything they've said.

Most of the time though, he just seems to be a yes man. I like him, but it's like he's been beaten into submission by that anti-chambre cast of idiots.

EDIT: Oh, and pretty much everyone on CBC except for Cherry, I like Cherry because he at least does a splendid job of making leafs fans look bad by association :)

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
PJ Stock. I am shocked that he found work in a field where he is expected to speak to an audience of more than a dozen people.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
OMG.....All RDS Staffs....lol!

Gaston Therrien and Benoit Brunet are the absolute worst for me.
Closely follow by Mario Tremblay.....

I think Brunet is pretty good in his current role. He's not a good enough speech to think about stuff to say right away, like it's required to be a color commentator, but having him between the periods gives him time to prepare what he's going to say.

He has a pretty good hockey mind and makes good points during the intermissions.

Subbaman

Character win.
Aug 22, 2012
Montréal, QC
Gaston Therrien's favorite line « Desharnais c'est pas un marqueur, c'est un passeur.»
always makes me turn off the tv.

I also absolutely hate PJ Stock, how this guy is paid to speak to a national audience is beyond me, the guy can't even place 3 words correctly in a sentence... Also, he's a huge habs hater and always has something negative to say, even if the habs won 4-0..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad