OT: The Quarantine Canteen Jukebox AKA The Music Thread - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

"shared" the stage with the Skydiggers decades ago, we filled the Sunday Matinee spot at Barrymoore`s in Ottawa, we played about 10 tunes (all cover), ended about 3 pm, fast forward about 11 hours later and many beverages and other things and we were in the living room of the drummer in our bands place with the Skydiggers, such a great group of down to earth peeps

Our old AV guy is doing a project of sorts, putting together old footage to put on the web of us at various venues in Ottawa, if he ever finishes, I`ll post em` here

so odd, literally within an hour of posting this, our old bass player sent me this link....sad if this place doesn`t stay open, one of the best places to watch a band and always been a massive supporter of local bands

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1857462851802

ODAAT I resided in a 3 room apartment corner Bronson/Summerset. Best years of my life 1992 - 1994. I was a frequent flyer at the Duke and Downstairs club. Big fan of Jimmy George and Lucky Ron. Good friend of mine played with Anal Chinook. Very sad to hear about BMs.

I'm curious what was the name of your band?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
ODAAT I resided in a 3 room apartment corner Bronson/Summerset. Best years of my life 1992 - 1994. I was a frequent flyer at the Duke and Downstairs club. Big fan of Jimmy George and Lucky Ron. Good friend of mine played with Anal Chinook. Very sad to hear about BMs.

Great venue indeed and sad if it stays closed

I sang in two bands, the one who played Barrymore`s was I`ll Call Rusty (Friendly Giant tip of the cap) and the band I sang with more regularly were called The Tremors, we were the house band at Father`s and Sons for 2 years from 88-90

Both cover bands, one a bit more acoustic based and the other more electric/keyboard heavy, did a lot of Cars tunes, Depeche Mode

Reactions: Agent86

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Great venue indeed and sad if it stays closed

I sang in two bands, the one who played Barrymore`s was I`ll Call Rusty (Friendly Giant tip of the cap) and the band I sang with more regularly were called The Tremors, we were the house band at Father`s and Sons for 2 years from 88-90

Both cover bands, one a bit more acoustic based and the other more electric/keyboard heavy, did a lot of Cars tunes, Depeche Mode

Love the Rusty reference...btw my closest friends call me Rusty. lol

Fun times in Ottawa. Are you still signing?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Love the Rusty reference...btw my closest friends call me Rusty. lol

Fun times in Ottawa. Are you still signing?
haven`t sung in a few years outside of a little karaoke with the family, had major issues with my throat which was brought on by consistently being sick when drinking, which, as you may know, I did daily for years, cannot get my voice to hit higher notes without discomfort any longer, not that I had great range previously but...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I was a frequent flyer at the Lockmaster upstairs, I recall sitting at a table with buddies noticing some of the sketchy characters and a guy at the table next to us said that one half of the tavern was ex-cons, the other half were those who hadn`t been caught yet:)

Reactions: Blowfish

aguineapig

Week three on the Covid Train

Ride the blue wind high and free
She'll lead you down thru misery
Leave you low come time to go
Alone and low as low can be

aguineapig

Look what they've done to my song Ma

Kingston Trio John wrote it, recorded it in 71 and added a few comedic lines, He was already cashing in the royalty checks

Guess Who sings this

Reactions: Blowfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad