OT: The Quarantine Canteen Jukebox AKA The Music Thread - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I saw Bowie at Foxboro. As for Queen I blew it not going to see them when I had my chance.

I have only seen Springsteen 3 times but one was at Boston Garden around 1980; the second was Gillette Stadium, the third was Fenway Park. All the pro team venues

The band I probably saw the most as a yute were the Kinks or Crosby, Stills, & Nash - although I saw Neil Young with Crazy Horse and with CSNY; J Geils and Cars a lot as well

I remember Aerosmith playing at Beverly High School and although I amazingly never saw Boston I played a lot of pond hockey with their lead singer Brad Delp

solid list, seen Springsteen only once, long but terrific show, saw Neil Young as a solo artist then with Crazy Horse which were two vastly different but both amazing shows, Cars 4 times, not the flashiest of bands and there was little to no real fan interaction but I was such a fan I didn`t care. Would have loved to have seen the Kinks too, saw the Who in Toronto which was a blast and f`in loud.

Saw Cake live and they shocked me, while I like some of their tunes, thought they would be kinda boring but quite the opposite, saw the Beasties decades ago too which was wild. Some of the most fun I had at a show was Primus. Thought the Flaming Lips were a blast too, not a ton of artists around now that I`d love to see other than the Lumineers whose music has just grown a ton on me

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Sorry, just catching up on this thread. Can't believe I missed this, it's awesome.

Best concert I went to with low expectations was Peter Gabriel. Friend asked me to go and I never said no to going to a concert. Still I expected to enjoy Solsbury Hill and that's about it. Turned out to be a tremendous show. Blew me away. He ended with Biko --- and crowd sang "Hoh Hoh OooooOooo" for 5+ minutes after he left the stage. Just had the lights on neon blue light with the bass/drum beat echoing. Really quite amazing.

Never saw Peter live....Big fan. From his early days with Genesis.

Reactions: Number8

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
OK, not a very good song but in my defense:

1) It's Tuesday.
2) Tuesday Welds could blow an air horn in my ears for as long as she damn well pleased.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
This is funny to watch in hindsight. I would have made him finish high school and then go on to, as his mother says, make all that racket. And the young lady beside him smoking reminds me of days long ago.

Reactions: aguineapig

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

"shared" the stage with the Skydiggers decades ago, we filled the Sunday Matinee spot at Barrymoore`s in Ottawa, we played about 10 tunes (all cover), ended about 3 pm, fast forward about 11 hours later and many beverages and other things and we were in the living room of the drummer in our bands place with the Skydiggers, such a great group of down to earth peeps

Our old AV guy is doing a project of sorts, putting together old footage to put on the web of us at various venues in Ottawa, if he ever finishes, I`ll post em` here

so odd, literally within an hour of posting this, our old bass player sent me this link....sad if this place doesn`t stay open, one of the best places to watch a band and always been a massive supporter of local bands

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1857462851802

Last edited:
Reactions: aguineapig

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
The best intro and outro combined for this video

"When I think of all the comaradas that have been gun down in the varrio"

Sounds silly but makes me miss being younger running the streets

Status
Not open for further replies.