OT: The Quarantine Canteen Jukebox AKA The Music Thread - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

aguineapig

Call me an old crumb-mud-gin but I have not heard the Barbie Girl song nor do I wish to. I'll play this one from that good ol' American band from Winnipeg for Pasta.

and one for Nick Wolff

And Guess Who for the Hat Trick?

Reactions: Barnum and BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Forgotten Canadian classics...

Orr makes this video.

some classics there, here`s a band that was out there in some of the same venues with us before they "broke":) Andres, the lead singer became a very close friend to our base player who still speaks to him on a monthly basis, is doing some great work now as an Environmental lawyer I believe. 8 Seconds claim to fame was being on the bill on the Bowie Glass Spider tour as they were the first band, followed by Duran Duran then Bowie
https://youtu.be/cO3bPUCgCAk

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
some classics there, here`s a band that was out there in some of the same venues with us before they "broke":) Andres, the lead singer became a very close friend to our base player who still speaks to him on a monthly basis, is doing some great work now as an Environmental lawyer I believe. 8 Seconds claim to fame was being on the bill on the Bowie Glass Spider tour as they were the first band, followed by Duran Duran then Bowie

Too funny. I totally remember this song. That was a one hit wonder and love the base playing! Reminded me of the song saved by zero - The Fixx.

aguineapig

It's a piece of History now for sure but I miss Dick Clark, Chuck Berry and Saturday Night. Chuck was our Michael Jackson growing up and he had to do his dance moves with his guitar. He put the Rhythm in Rock n Roll Rhythm guitar.

I wish we had Color TV tonite

It's Such a sight to see somebody steal the show

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Too funny. I totally remember this song. That was a one hit wonder and love the base playing! Reminded me of the song saved by zero - The Fixx.
The Fixx, too awesome. Yeah 8 Seconds all great dudes, the irony is that while this song did make them somewhat of a name, none of them had any true aspirations in the music biz, they simply loved being a cover band, drinking for free on weekends and meeting ladies:)

Reactions: Blowfish

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Chuck Berry is one of the father's of Rock N Roll. No doubt. But for me, its always been Bo Didley....I don't think he's ever gotten the credit he deserves for his influence on Rock N Roll

Got a chance to see him in the early 90s. One of the most fun concerts I've ever been to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->