Post-Game Talk: THE PRICE IS WRONG - Oilers Lose

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I completely disagree.

Look at the top line did every team and list 3rd and 4 liners. I'll wait.

Then tell me why you would not want to maximize returns on the best player in the world and put a shooter with him?!? Nuge isn't a shooter, Kassian isn't a shooter so who's the shooter on your #1 line?
Look up all the top lines with 1 player taking up 12.5m. I'll wait.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Our team defence is also insanely bad. I was hoping we would bounce back after the first game and we did but we reverted back to being shit.

Don’t think Bouch stays out of the lineup for too long. I think he will get in soon.
Bouch is our future....can't throw him into the team we have now, that's road to ruin.
Heaven help him.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
You do realize that McDavid had 9 points in 4 games and Nuge had 8 in 4 together during the playins?
Yes but at ES Nuge primary assisted on 1 McD goal and McD primary assisted on 0 RNH goals during playins.

Edit: that lone primary assist was likely a chip to McD in neutral zone and McD doing the rest.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Jones sucks. I’ve never been impressed with him and I can’t even remember one instance where he was even close to being impressive
He’s a hotdog. Looks great against lesser competitors, but has no idea how to simplify his game when forced to defend against superior players.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Come on man.
every time I hear that phrase..
source.gif

Reactions: Not Canada Drai

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
By seasons end Bouchard should hopefully have taken his spot and solidified himself as a NHL defenseman.
What was wrong with Larsson today?
He looked pretty good especially when compared to Bear and Jones.

Was physical and stopped a couple shots from going in in first.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Puljujarvi can't really do that either.

I think Draisaitl can have one or Kahun and Yamamoto on his line but not both. He needs a legit skilled player with him too. Unfortunately our only legit skill guys are McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH (you hate him, but it's true)

That is selling Yamamoto short IMO. Yamamoto is coming into his own as an offensive player. As I see it, the big 3 is now the big 4 up front. Ideally Jesse and/or Kahun expand on that number, but Yamamoto is no slouch.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Larsson was the least of our worries today.

Larsson has played much better since the first game imo.

Larsson and Barrie were good to great today.

Reactions: MettleMcOiler

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That is selling Yamamoto short IMO. Yamamoto is coming into his own as an offensive player. As I see it, the big 3 is now the big 4 up front. Ideally Jesse and/or Kahun expand on that number, but Yamamoto is no slouch.
I wouldn't say Yamamoto isn't skilled but he more generates from hard work and relentlessness.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Larsson was the least of our worries today.

Larsson has played much better since the first game imo.

Larsson and Barrie were good to great today.
I don't think Larsson is a top 4 guy anymore and is a very solid 3rd pairing guy. Him being in the top 4 sucks but he has to do it. He can't be in over his head AND carry Jones.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I don't think Larsson is a top 4 guy anymore and is a very solid 3rd pairing guy. Him being in the top 4 sucks but he has to do it. He can't be in over his head AND carry Jones.
Koekkoek-Larsson would be a good enough 2nd pairing this year.

Reactions: ujju2

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
All teams lose games. Only the Oilers put in that little effort and get completely outplayed to start a game.

Something is rotten with this organization and has been for a long time. There's no other reason that 20 guys show a complete lack of interest in trying night after night, year after year.

Just curious if you've played sports. Not trying to be that guy, but the thing is athletes get into routines regardless of the sport. You get used to putting in your maximum performance at a certain time of day. This is honed in you, as in game time is... Circadian rhythm has impacts.

The Oilers played a home game at 5pm. That never happens here. We played our home game In the Habs timezone, for whatever reason. So that one club was in their own perfect starting time, and we weren't. Stuff like this actually makes a difference and even commonly makes a difference at the pro level. Neither Koskinen or Oilers were sharp to start the game, they played better as the game went on. Montreal was ready and rested and starting a game with an EST start time. in our rink. The NHL being the NHL...

For the same reasons afternoon games are typically tough. They favor lunchbucket clubs over talent clubs. Even the best hockey team in the history of the game, the 80's Oilers, they were not particularly good at afternoon games and hated those starts. Pro players want time sets that they are accustomed to.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, just figuring that he is the odd man out unless Barrie leaves at years end.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, just figuring that he is the odd man out unless Barrie leaves at years end.
He wasn't bad tonight but for the past 2 years he is bad more than he is good. It's unfortunate but it's true for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad