Post-Game Talk: THE PRICE IS WRONG - Oilers Lose

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
We need a puckmoving 1D ,(young prefered) who can skate out of trouble and also be a offensive threat! Im willing to give up much, starting with Nurse, Broberg and high picks!

We must be the worst team to scout and sign goalies(well if we take away Leafs). Its a graveyard for goalies and been for 15 years.

You dont go far with our goalie tandem.Last time we made some noise Talbot stood on his head before the fast decline.

The problem to go after Ufas like Markstrom and Lehner this off season is that Koski is overpaid and hard to trade without giving away something for free. Georgiev had been a cheaper alternative to the 2 Swedes.

Perhaps a Andersen- koskinen trade, both could need a change of scenery.
The problem with Andersen is that we only have this shortened season before hes Ufa, or we take a chance to give him a offer for 4-5 years, think his lowest value is now.

Need to do something to fix the biggest problems, before McD and Drai gets tired of wating for a supporting goalie/team.

Well. that was my rant of the day!

Reactions: Snipes45

Oct 15, 2017
I feel like people forget that the Oilers management and coach consistently,through multiple staffs feel like it's appropriate to play McDavid with 3rd and 4th liners on one side of his wings still blows mind.

Think of all the top lines in hockey and tell me 1 that has 3rd and 4th liners moonlighting permanently on it?

Again. McDavid is not Crosby, who's plays the game of a grinder , get him maximum skill on both sides. It's now been 5 years and he hasn't had 2 1st line wingers once.... I've always wanted Palmieri , 1 shot scorer

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Meanwhile in LA, AA scores his second of the season in as many games. Holland has done some good the last couple of months but he’s also made some head scratchers that we just couldn’t afford.
Wait so him getting AA was a good move now and he should have resigned him? Or are you just being opportunistic

Reactions: TB12

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Kassian was with his wife becoming new dad

JP has been ok, far from being a huge problem
Thanks sire, and that's cool. Very much congratulations on kassian's newborn baby through this channel and y'all :clap: :heart: Great. Kassian is one of the key puzzles on y'alls lineup and I for one respect it hard. And knowledge it hard too. I think Neal coming in will make a big boom on this thang. Also on the pp with mcdavid etc. Neal's shot is slot down lockdown period. That guy shuts mothers out.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I feel like people forget that the Oilers management and coach consistently,through multiple staffs feel like it's appropriate to play McDavid with 3rd and 4th liners on one side of his wings still blows mind.

Think of all the top lines in hockey and tell me 1 that has 3rd and 4th liners moonlighting permanently on it?

Again. McDavid is not Crosby, who's plays the game of a grinder , get him maximum skill on both sides. It's now been 5 years and he hasn't had 2 1st line wingers once.... I've always wanted Palmieri , 1 shot scorer

McDavid was playing with Nuge all night. There is no excuse for not being able to carry a third on that line. They had nothing going and neither were particularly good today. Drai had more going today playing with Yama and Kahun.

McD still recovering some of his pace and stamina. He played huge in game 2, was a horse, but I think his recovery time isn't as good yet and it'll take a bit. He wasn't the same player today. He will be on Monday.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

A player making 12.5m wont have two first liner wingers flanking him.

Salary Cap.

Oct 15, 2017
McDavid was playing with Nuge all night. There is no excuse for not being able to carry a third on that line. They had nothing going and neither were particularly good today. Drai had more going today playing with Yama and Kahun.

McD still recovering some of his pace and stamina. He played huge in game 2, was a horse, but I think his recovery time isn't as good yet and it'll take a bit. He wasn't the same player today. He will be on Monday.

I completely disagree.

Look at the top line did every team and list 3rd and 4 liners. I'll wait.

Then tell me why you would not want to maximize returns on the best player in the world and put a shooter with him?!? Nuge isn't a shooter, Kassian isn't a shooter so who's the shooter on your #1 line?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Someone mentioned the team played 3 games in 4 nights. Koskinen has also played all three and has faced 111 shots so far through 3 games. I'm not his biggest fan but I will defend him tonight. I missed Petry's first goal. The second goal Tatar lasered a perfectly placed shot. He had about an 8 square inch window to put the puck over Koskinen's glove and inside the post. He squeezed the puck through that window and beat him clean. That was a goal scorer's goal.

Goal three was the shorty, shorties should never happen but Edmonton seems to give up a ton. The fourth was a nice low shot. He can't field the puck there like an infielder so I don't know how that was his fault. He made the stick save and it takes a bad bounce off Bear's ass. At that point I flipped over to the football game so I didn't see goal 5.

I can't fault him for 2 of those and the shorty was on the team in front of him.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Someone mentioned the team played 3 games in 4 nights. Koskinen has also played all three and has faced 111 shots so far through 3 games. I'm not his biggest fan but I will defend him tonight. I missed Perry's first goal. The second goal Tatar lasered a perfectly placed shot. He had about an 8 square inch window to put the puck over Koskinen's glove and inside the post. He squeezed the puck through that window and beat him clean. That was a goal scorer's goal.

Goal three was the shorty, shorties should never happen but Edmonton seems to give up a ton. The fourth was a nice low shot. He can't field the puck there like an infielder so I don't know how that was his fault. He made the stick save and it takes a bad bounce off Bear's ass. At that point I flipped over to the football game so I didn't see goal 5.

I can't fault him for 2 of those and the shorty was on the team in front of him.
If facing that many shots in 3 games is going to weaken his game, then the seasons already over cause it's not going to get any better

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

McDavid has never got much going with Nuge. Nuge could get more going with Yama than McD.

Drai not being able to get anything going with Yama is a big issue as well considering Yama has been our most consistent and hardest working forward thus far.

If Tippett is allergic to DRY line then he should put McDrai together.

Current lineup is a no go at ES.

Kahun-McD-Drai
Ennis-Nuge-Yama

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Yeah. Without a preseason you can't really make anything out of these first 5 games or so. Poor clubs can often come out of the gate storming and trying to get results.

Thing is, the Oilers will get better as a club and the Habs won't. The Oilers were giving the Habs fits in their own zone in 2nd and 3rd period and it was all Price all day.

They flashed a possession stat in 3rd period and it was 22min Oilers, 17 mins Habs in a game we were down 4-0. Pretty much matched what I saw.

The Oilers didn't come out ready, and I suspect the time of the game had something to do with that, as I said pregame unfortunately were playing this game in Montreal starting time. Not ours.

the Oilers got better for one season 4 years ago. Then they got a lot worse and stayed there.

This is still or horribly constructed team who haven’t drafted an NHL player since 2015

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
McDavid has never got much going with Nuge. Nuge could get more going with Yama than McD.

Drai not being able to get anything going with Yama is a big issue as well considering Yama has been our most consistent and hardest working forward thus far.

If Tippett is allergic to DRY line then he should put McDrai together.

Current lineup is a no go at ES.

Kahun-McD-Drai
Ennis-Nuge-Yama
You do realize that McDavid had 9 points in 4 games and Nuge had 8 in 4 together during the playins?

Reactions: nabob

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
the Oilers got better for one season 4 years ago. Then they got a lot worse and stayed there.

This is still or horribly constructed team who haven’t drafted an NHL player since 2015
An NHL player taller than 5'8" you mean ;)

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
This team needs a first line LW, a First line RW, a #1 C, a #1 Dman, a #2 Dman, a starting goalie, and a decent backup.
then we can think of competing for a playoff spot

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Connor needs to learn how to play two-way hockey or he’ll continue to play on these kinds of teams no matter where he plays. At his cap hit, there's no way around it. He’s on the ice for a lot of goals against.

agreed
The guy was nearly 100 pts last year and -6

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
It’s only 3 games so you have to give them time I get that but at some point you have to put the DRY line back together if we can’t get anything going.

This adjustment should’ve been made after the first period. Try Kahun and Kass/Puju with Mcdavid maybe.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
All teams lose games. Only the Oilers put in that little effort and get completely outplayed to start a game.

Something is rotten with this organization and has been for a long time. There's no other reason that 20 guys show a complete lack of interest in trying night after night, year after year.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Connor needs to learn how to play two-way hockey or he’ll continue to play on these kinds of teams no matter where he plays. At his cap hit, there's no way around it. He’s on the ice for a lot of goals against.
It's almost like he's on the ice alot, with a bad defensive core and mediocre goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad