Post-Game Talk: THE PRICE IS WRONG - Oilers Lose

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Look at this break out to start the game. What I hate is how non chalant Nurse was at the end of it to give it away

SkeletalRightCottontail-size_restricted.gif

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
This Bear play summarized how the game went. I was surprised. I thought I remembered the onslaught coming early. It started around 6-7 min into the first period.

SafeFavoriteBighorn-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: ujju2

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He definitely needs to show more offensive flare, but he's made some key defensive plays that have kept the puck out of our net.

Agree with everything. It's obviously tough to lose against the Habs, but ignoring our defensive breakdowns we actually played OK. We outshot the Habs, had more scoring chances, and high danger scoring chances. Price was the difference tonight. Barrie had his best game as an Oilers, he oozes confidence and is better offensively than any Oiler defensemen in years. Koekkoek's been good and Larsson's had a decent past couple of games.

The issue so far has been more our youngsters on the backend. I'd consider sitting both of Bear and Jones, show them that their roster spots aren't guaranteed.

Nurse - Barrie (That pairing looked good in the third)
Koekkoek - Larsson
Russell - Bouchard
I’m not sure you sit Bear after one bad game. He was really good the first two games. Jones needs to sit though. We’re missing what Russell brings. He’s a guy that helps goalie by limiting quality chances in the red zone. We need to get him in there.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I’m not sure you sit Bear after one bad game. He was really good the first two games. Jones needs to sit though. We’re missing what Russell brings. He’s a guy that helps goalie by limiting quality chances in the red zone. We need to get him in there.

I'd consider playing Bear over Bouchard.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Our dmen do this 100x times a game. As soon as they get to it, whip it around to nobody lol
PleasedCreamyAnglerfish-size_restricted.gif

Defensemen almost always whip it around the boards after defensive zone faceoffs. All 5 opposing players are in the zone, it's hard to get a clean zone exit with defensemen waiting at the point. Ennis should have been on the boards to tip that out/carry the puck up the neutral zone, but apart from that it wasn't a bad play.

Now THIS is puck poise and quick thinking

BlackandwhiteFineAlaskajingle-size_restricted.gif

There's a difference. For some reason all three of the Oilers forwards went up on Kulak, leaving Lehkonen and the neutral zone wide open. We really need to fix that, it's causing too many odd-man rushes going our way.

Reactions: LaGu

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
It's so hard being an Oilers fan... I really hope we don't need to suffer through another year of s***. Holland needs to make a move for a solid defender if we are to have a good year. The D are scrambling as if a grenade has been unpinned in our zone every other time an opposing player has the puck. It's painful to watch and quite frankly, embarrassing. Bear needs some sheltered minutes. Otherwise he is going to turn into Schultz 2.0. Nurse should be traded. He's simply not as good as most people think and he doesn't really excell at anything besides being physical.

But at the end of the day... Does this team suck? Yes. Do we still cheer for them?
GkVM3PcFipxEk.gif

Here's hoping we show up on Monday...

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Bear, Jones, and Nurse are in a competition to see who can make the most god awful pinches in one season. Whoever is teaching this crap or not unteaching it should lose their job. You don't even see that much repeated stupidity in Div 3 beer league, and I had a guy on my team we nicknamed "The Lobster" because of his terrible pinches.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Bear, Jones, and Nurse are in a competition to see who can make the highest number of god awful pinches in one season. Whoever is teaching this crap or not unteaching it should lose their job. You don't even see that much repeated stupidity in Div 3 beer league, and I had a guy on my team we nicknamed "The Lobster" for his years of terrible pinches.

The good thing about a Nurse-Barrie pairing is it theoretically forces Nurse to play a lot more conservatively. He gets burned by his aggression a lot.

Bear has been 50/50 with his pinches.

Jones has been the biggest culprit. Not sure what happened to him over the offseason but he looks terrible out there. Overplaying everything.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Our dmen do this 100x times a game. As soon as they get to it, whip it around to nobody lol
PleasedCreamyAnglerfish-size_restricted.gif

hahaha. Yes, I am just entertained now about how it seems like none of our players expect our D to do that yet. Literally zero of our players are moving in a way where they think it's even possible the D would throw the puck up the boards.

What the heck do these guys practice? Our play in our end was just a constant disaster for the fight half of this game, until Montreal started sitting back. Everyone just guessing (wrong a lot) what their teammate is going to do with the puck if there is even the tiniest amount of pressure.

Reactions: CravenMH

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Bear, Jones, and Nurse are in a competition to see who can make the highest number of god awful pinches in one season. Whoever is teaching this crap or not unteaching it should lose their job. You don't even see that much repeated stupidity in Div 3 beer league, and I had a guy on my team we nicknamed "The Lobster" for his years of terrible pinches.

Larsson had a god-awful pinch as well in the first game.

Reactions: Cloned

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
One reason not to panic is a lot of teams have had the same trajectory as us so far. One really good game, one really bad game. This is the result of of the modified camp ant it’s not unique to the Oilers.

Reactions: Llamamoto and LaGu

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
This team needs a first line LW, a First line RW, a #1 C, a #1 Dman, a #2 Dman, a starting goalie, and a decent backup.
then we can think of competing for a playoff spot
...and you need some well deserved sleep my dude.

A #1 C :laugh:

That's the rage and disappointment speaking out of you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad