The Playoff Picture Thread

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
66 points on 124 goals is just crazy. If McDavid finishes this season like he finished last, he could win the Rocket and sweep all of the major individual awards. It would be as close to a Lebron equivalent as you can get in the NHL.
McDavid's closest comparable for me has always been Lebron, as odd as it is, even down to the awful teams they started their careers on.

Reactions: TB12

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think they should cut the preseason down and start the season in mid-September so it ends by April.

They need to reorganize some of their divisional and travel logistics so that teams are fresher when they play each other. It makes for more entertaining hockey games and the season doesn't "feel" as long.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
They need to reorganize some of their divisional and travel logistics so that teams are fresher when they play each other. It makes for more entertaining hockey games and the season doesn't "feel" as long.

I guess it's not the length so much as seeing the Cup handed out when I'm on my deck in shorts and flipflops* doesn't sit right.

*I don't actually wear shorts or flipflops.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I guess it's not the length so much as seeing the Cup handed out when I'm on my deck in shorts and flipflops* doesn't sit right.

*I don't actually wear shorts or flipflops.

Living the Canadian dream.*

*In 4 out of the 12 calendar months

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Standings as of today...

UoC8ty3.jpg
:laugh: This is the funniest thing I've seen in awhile...laughed at this for awhile!

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I think they should cut the preseason down and start the season in mid-September so it ends by April.

77 game season and make the first round of the playoffs best of 5 like it used to be (first round that is). Playoffs are likely wrapped up mid-May.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I'm surprised the Oilers are struggling this much this year overall.

I'm impressed they are hanging around the playoffs with so many key injuries and key personel severely underperforming.

If the Oilers can stay within 2 to 4 points of a playoff spot like they are. Once Klefbom comes back we "should" be in a good spot to potentially make a playoff run.

Lot of ifs at this point but I really hope they make it into the playoffs. Everybody needs it. Organization, players, and us fans.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the team moving forward because our prospects and youth are at least respectable. One or two diamonds in the rough or even just solid growth of a guy like Puljujarvi could really change the effectiveness of the team.

I dont buy into the team sucks bs. People forget what awful looks like even though it was only a couple years ago. I take this team over that team every time. A couple missing pieces is what is keeping us from greatness imo.

Goaltending being the main thing we just need more from overall.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
I'm surprised the Oilers are struggling this much this year overall.

I'm impressed they are hanging around the playoffs with so many key injuries and key personel severely underperforming.

If the Oilers can stay within 2 to 4 points of a playoff spot like they are. Once Klefbom comes back we "should" be in a good spot to potentially make a playoff run.

Lot of ifs at this point but I really hope they make it into the playoffs. Everybody needs it. Organization, players, and us fans.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the team moving forward because our prospects and youth are at least respectable. One or two diamonds in the rough or even just solid growth of a guy like Puljujarvi could really change the effectiveness of the team.

I dont buy into the team sucks bs. People forget what awful looks like even though it was only a couple years ago. I take this team over that team every time. A couple missing pieces is what is keeping us from greatness imo.

Goaltending being the main thing we just need more from overall.

They need at least another top 6 winger for Nuge. They are too easy to shut down right now since the NHL refuses to call penalties when guys hook and hold McDavid. If they had a legitimate second scoring line, teams couldn't just load up on McDavid and Drai.

The wingers they have are being forced to play above their skill level. I don't think it's a lack of effort, they are playing against guys who are just flat out better than them.

With Klefbom back they can run

Klefbom - Larrson
Nurse - Russell
Gravel - Jones

It's not a world beating D corps, but it's at least a good defense by committee arrangement. They don't even need vezina level goaltending, as long as they get league average, I think they can do ok.

Reactions: LaGu and Aerchon

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I just want the Oilers to make it as the last WC spot and take out the 1st place Flames in the 1st round. That would make up for all the BS of this season and more lol.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Yes, every game has to be worth the same amount.
They argue that it wouldn’t make a huge difference. I think it’s BS. Either drop the shootout/loser point and go back to ties after 3 on 3 or use the 3 point system.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
They argue that it wouldn’t make a huge difference. I think it’s BS. Either drop the shootout/loser point and go back to ties after 3 on 3 or use the 3 point system.

Way too much collusion with the current system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad