The Pittsburgher Thread: Where Tomlin tries his hardest to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Guys like Burfict and Wilson will never change. The predatory “I want to hurt someone” instinct that they have will not go away because of a 5 or 20 game suspension. If anything, the supensions make them angrier and MORE prone to cheap shots...

I can almost guarantee you that when Wilson gets back from his suspension he will be looking for someone to take out his anger and aggression on.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
The NFL is becoming completely unwatchable. I totally don't understand QB ridiculously being protected and Burfict is still doing this ****.

And yet I continue to watch, for now, so I am part of the problem!! And I am serious. It is those like me that are disgusted by the total imbalance on protecting players but I still watch.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
LeVeon Bell, in a shocking turn of events, is reportedly not expected to report to the Steelers this week.

i, for one, am flabbergasted.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
LeVeon Bell, in a shocking turn of events, is reportedly not expected to report to the Steelers this week.

i, for one, am flabbergasted.

Bell is going to report at some point and everyone on the team is going to shrug their shoulders and say why did you even bother drama queen.

I am going to be so happy when this costs him millions of dollars.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
How in the world is the NFL Letting that idiot Burfict off the hook after his elbow to the head of Brown?

Do you mean the same NFL that ignored the evidence regarding head injuries for years, and even to this day after agreeing to a billion dollar settlement (which they never intended to pay) still maintains that CTE is science fiction?

That NFL?

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Bell is going to report at some point and everyone on the team is going to shrug their shoulders and say why did you even bother drama queen.

I am going to be so happy when this costs him millions of dollars.

He may be waiting out the trade deadline now. Before he probably thought there was no chance of a trade. Now even if it's the slightest chance they'd trade him he may wait that out.

Or he's on the weed.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
He may be waiting out the trade deadline now. Before he probably thought there was no chance of a trade. Now even if it's the slightest chance they'd trade him he may wait that out.

Or he's on the weed.

I would laugh so hard if he pulled a Martavis Bryant and failed a drug test over weed in Miami losing millions.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I just don’t see the Rooneys making an in-season trade. It seems like Colbert only makes trades at the draft or right before the season begins.

The Rooneys are too conservative to a fault. Just look at the head coach they’ve kept around for far too long.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I just don’t see the Rooneys making an in-season trade. It seems like Colbert only makes trades at the draft or right before the season begins.

The Rooneys are too conservative to a fault. Just look at the head coach they’ve kept around for far too long.

Normally Id agree but after adding Haden right before the season started last year(something we also never did) and clearing more cap space by restructuring contracts recently...I dont see how they dont. Why else clear that cap space when the season started?

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Did the NFL let him get away with any of the hits? I saw on MNF pregame they were looking into three of his hits, but I haven't followed up to see if they did or not yet.

Just went on Twitter to see if there was any update and saw this...

I usually take "likes" with a grain of salt, but him liking a tweet that says Juju is going to end up like Shazier (2nd picture)....yeah, that's not good. Doesn't matter that they were from months ago either. I actually think it makes it worse since it was closer to the Shazier incident.

Edit: So according to an SBNation article, he's not being suspended, but they are looking at the three hits for potential fines.

Last edited:

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Did the NFL let him get away with any of the hits? I saw on MNF pregame they were looking into three of his hits, but I haven't followed up to see if they did or not yet.

Just went on Twitter to see if there was any update and saw this...

I usually take "likes" with a grain of salt, but him liking a tweet that says Juju is going to end up like Shazier (2nd picture)....yeah, that's not good. Doesn't matter that they were from months ago either. I actually think it makes it worse since it was closer to the Shazier incident.

Edit: So according to an SBNation article, he's not being suspended, but they are looking at the three hits for potential fines.

What’s a real laugher to me is that Bengals fans out there believe the Steelers are the dirtiest team in the league.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

This is different though. They have a player they could trade in the off-season for two 1st, 1st, or at that very worst a 2nd and something else. No 1st next year and two 2nds and two 4ths or 5ths isn't the end of the world. You have to make this trade for an all pro CB.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

Or he's on the weed.

I agree. I seen articles saying about a week or 2 after the steelers leaked the news they were looking at trade offers.

Leveon Bell stated he wasnt looking to be traded, and that he may wait to sign the franchise tender till after the deadline so he doesn't.

Looks like that is the route he is taking.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Steelers aren't serious about winning if they won't give up a 1st or some 2's and 3's for a 3x all pro CB. They are going to get picks for Bell this off-season too. How many they want?

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I swear, Bengals fans are like Caps and Bruins fans.

They all bitch and moan about how “dirty” the Steelers/Pens are, yet totally justify the shit that their goons pull...

Are Bengals fans still salty about Palmer’s knee being shredded by Kimo? Hines on Rivers? JuJu de-cleating Burfict? Bell steamrolling Kirkpatrick several times? Oh, and losing so often to the Steelers???

If Burfict wants to make hard hits on actual football plays, I’m all for it. But he consistently pulls this cheap shot shit and after the whistle garbage.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Steelers aren't serious about winning if they won't give up a 1st or some 2's and 3's for a 3x all pro CB. They are going to get picks for Bell this off-season too. How many they want?

Even if they made a deal, they are not winning another championship as long as Tomlin is still there.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

Get ready to be incredibly disappointed then. Who do they have that they can trade for two first round picks this offseason?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Aren't they only in line to receive a 2nd or 3rd only, if (when) he declines their qualifying offer?

No

Get ready to be incredibly disappointed then. Who do they have that they can trade for two first round picks this offseason?

They will put a non exclusive tag on Bell this off-season. Which means he can talk to other teams and workout a deal and that team has to give the Steelers two 1st for him. If nobody bites, they can work on a trade. That's why I'm saying they could get two 1st, or just a 1st, or worse case scenario 2nd and some more picks.

It's said the Cardinals want a 1st or some 2's and 3's for Peterson. Why wouldn't the Steelers do this when they are going to get picks for Bell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad