The Pittsburgher Thread: Where Tomlin tries his hardest to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Vance is great and is quickly becoming a fan favorite in Pittsburgh but his style of play opens him up for injuries and fumbles, as we saw today.

We all love smash mouth football but he needs to know when to avoid contact.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
The Bengals remind me of an NHL team with a couple of goons, more concerned about inflicting pain on their opponent, than actually winning games...

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Vance is great and is quickly becoming a fan favorite in Pittsburgh but his style of play opens him up for injuries and fumbles, as we saw today.

We all love smash mouth football but he needs to know when to avoid contact.

I have no problem with that...hes actually a very smart player(known for high IQ coming out of Rice) and knew he was short for the first down and tried to do whatever to pick it up. The situation we were in..love that he tried to avoid going down and not settle for a field goal. Ill take that risk. Just needs to stay healthy now. Still early in his career..not like hes in his 9th year and been injured for most. Hes just starting out.

Gronk gets injured alot..but the risk is worth the reward. I want McDonald to continue that exact type of play. Something this team desperately needed. Him on offense and Watt on defense...getting back to Steelers football with the finesse to go with it. Now we just need to make that big trade I keep talking about. Will be pissed if they dont..this is the first time we have the room to add a top end player before the deadline

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Mahomes is human...overthrows on that drive. He will be a great QB but come playoff time I can see the same happening. With the Jags losing 3 in a row..Bortles looking bad. AFC is open..we need to go for it all.

Reactions: KIRK

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Pats knew with Brady getting older they actually need more talent around him. Solid draft pick with Michel(when they rarely cared about having a top RB) and they pickup Gordon.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
its amazing the Steelers are so talented to win despite Tomlin. he is a complete clown of a coach.

how the F does Burfict get away with elbowing to the head? he should be suspended. F the bungles

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
Flacco will Flacco eventually.

Our offense did zero in the second half in that game.

Zero targets to Vance after him abusing that D in the first half. No idea what their gameplan was or what Ben was doing out there. I expect a much better performance next time around.

And Ravens beat a bad Bills team in week 1..a bad Broncos team. Lost to Bengals and Browns. They beat us..but like I said that was on our offense in the 2nd half. Our D held them to field goals in that half. No idea what was going on with Ben...one of the worst halves Ive seen him play.

Not saying they are a bad team but they are up and down just like everyone else. Browns beating them 12-9(?) Is a perfect example
idk man. Ravens look good. it would suckass if they won the SB again

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
The Patriots entire offensive scheme makes things as easy as possible for Brady and company.

They scheme guys open, confuse defenses with different looks week to week, use the pass to open the run, etc. Same thing on defense. Every time people think they the Pats D is going to be their downfall, Bellichick finds a way to put his defenders in position to succeed.

Tomlin’s gameplan seems to be just telling his star players to “go out and make a play”. And more often than not, they do, and make him look good in the process. He and his coordinators never seem to have a solid plan of attack.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
When will Brady and the Pats just f*** off already?

Chiefs are doing Chief things. Start crazy hot then finish 10-6.

We may have won in week 10 as opposed to week 2.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Patriots entire offensive scheme makes things as easy as possible for Brady and company.

They scheme guys open, confuse defenses with different looks week to week, use the pass to open the run, etc. Same thing on defense. Every time people think they the Pats D is going to be their downfall, Bellichick finds a way to put his defenders in position to succeed.

Tomlin’s gameplan seems to be just telling his star players to “go out and make a play”. And more often than not, they do, and make him look good in the process. He and his coordinators never seem to have a solid plan of attack.

tomhanksfootball.gif

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
New England winning this game is so predictable.

Does bring some balance to our conference, at least. Will be a fun fight between KC, Baltimore and New England for home field in the playoffs.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
The AFC Championship Game will be in Foxboro, you can bank on that.

Steelers will probably limp into the playoffs, thanks to some team like the Titans losing on the final weekend, only to lose in the wildcard in epic fashion.

Reactions: Rossi Rat

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
The AFC South sucks. The East sucks and the West may have 2 teams make it but the Chargers could collapse at any time.

Who knows. The North may get 3 in.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
The AFC Championship Game will be in Foxboro, you can bank on that.

Steelers will probably limp into the playoffs, thanks to some team like the Titans losing on the final weekend, only to lose in the wildcard in epic fashion.
I can see that. This division is the Ravens’ to lose. By far the best defense in the NFL.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Man that Ravens Dick must be huge for you to fall so hard in love.
Haha. I like to think I’m jinxing them. They’re always such a pain for the Steelers... I don’t get how Flacco just always owns them these days. Crap Steelers D helps.

Only 77 points against in 6 games though. Next best is the Bears with 96... and they had their bye.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Haha. I like to think I’m jinxing them. They’re always such a pain for the Steelers... I don’t get how Flacco just always owns them these days. Crap Steelers D helps.

Is that what you've been doing to Penn State as well?

Edit: my joking emoji didn't work

Reactions: KIRK

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Bengals play Chiefs next week. Bucs the following week(who knows with them and the injuries the Bengals have).

Ravens play Saints and Panthers before they play us the following week. Two tough games finally for them. We'll see where they are at after those 2.

We get a bye and then Browns. Rest up , get everyone back and two weeks to work on things. Beat the Browns to get to 4-2-1.

Both the Bengals and Ravens could be 4-4( maybe 5-3 but def dont see them winning both) by the time we play the Ravens. Predicting wins/losses aside..Ravens have two tough matchups finally before facing us. While we play the Browns(who face the Bucs the week before) coming off a bye.

Point is..finally a perfect time for us to have a bye IMO. With two more divisional games coming up. You could say we won two straight and want to keep it going with a game next week but after this big win and all of these injuries today(guys came back but still a hard fought game) its coming at a perfect time and make sure we dont have a letdown game against the Browns at home. Yeah it will be their Superbowl but two weeks to prepare..getting guys like Fort/Burnett back..Watt/Davis/Haden rested..etc..I dont see us losing.

These last two wins also changed the situation with Bell too imo. If we kept losing I could see him continue to holdout until he has to come back. But with these two wins and Conner playing great...Bell kinda broke that ice today witth the tweet to Conner. Figured that would happen once we started winning. Would have been a mess if we dropped these.

Team is in a good spot right now after all of the drama to start the year and I see them getting better. Now its just a matter of coaching taking advantage of the Bell situation and adding a top defender thru trade.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
The Longhorns leap frogged PSU. They won't make the playoffs but I'm happy they're relevant again.
I just hope we can still get a New Year’s Bowl. Texas looks like a team capable of that. No excuses for PSU not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad