The Pittsburgher Thread: Where Tomlin tries his hardest to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Bengals play Chiefs next week. Bucs the following week(who knows with them and the injuries the Bengals have).

Ravens play Saints and Panthers before they play us the following week. Two tough games finally for them. We'll see where they are at after those 2.

We get a bye and then Browns. Rest up , get everyone back and two weeks to work on things. Beat the Browns to get to 4-2-1.

Both the Bengals and Ravens could be 4-4( maybe 5-3 but def dont see them winning both) by the time we play the Ravens. Predicting wins/losses aside..Ravens have two tough matchups finally before facing us. While we play the Browns(who face the Bucs the week before) coming off a bye.

Point is..finally a perfect time for us to have a bye IMO. With two more divisional games coming up. You could say we won two straight and want to keep it going with a game next week but after this big win and all of these injuries today(guys came back but still a hard fought game) its coming at a perfect time and make sure we dont have a letdown game against the Browns at home. Yeah it will be their Superbowl but two weeks to prepare..getting guys like Fort/Burnett back..Watt/Davis/Haden rested..etc..I dont see us losing.

These last two wins also changed the situation with Bell too imo. If we kept losing I could see him continue to holdout until he has to come back. But with these two wins and Conner playing great...Bell kinda broke that ice today witth the tweet to Conner. Figured that would happen once we started winning. Would have been a mess if we dropped these.

Team is in a good spot right now after all of the drama to start the year and I see them getting better. Now its just a matter of coaching taking advantage of the Bell situation and adding a top defender thru trade.
I mean yeah, I like it. I like to think there’s no way they fall to 1-3 (0-2) at home to the freaking Browns with a rookie QB. I like to think Baltimore will slip up at least once in these next 2 weeks, and Cincy too.

But who knows with this league. Just nice to see the Bengals be their same ol’ selves today to the Steelers.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I just hope we can still get a New Year’s Bowl. Texas looks like a team capable of that. No excuses for PSU not to.

I'm worried about the West Virginia game. I know it won't be popular around some here. But f*** West Virginia.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I'm worried about the West Virginia game. I know it won't be popular around some here. But **** West Virginia.
Few PSU, OSU folks, Pitt too. Not sure where the WVU crowd is. I REALLY liked their team - but what an egg they laid last night. And to think their schedule is hardest at the end.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Few PSU, OSU folks, Pitt too. Not sure where the WVU crowd is. I REALLY liked their team - but what an egg they laid last night. And to think their schedule is hardest at the end.

I don't know WVUs schedule but it sucks Texas lost to Maryland and Canada of all people.

Maybe we'd be in the top 5. Also f*** ND for never being in a conference.

Reactions: Rossi Rat

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Why would they change it?

They’ve gotten what they always wanted in the NFL. QBs are routinely having 400+ yard passing games and 5 or 6 TDs...

Apparently the committee is upset with how its turned out. Defenders getting injured..way too many flags. Plan to discuss it..adjust it somehow.

But yeah we are probably gonna have 10+ QBs with over 30 TD passes this year and 5000 yards lol

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
The 2 best kickers in the history of the NFL currently play for 2 of our biggest threats in the AFC. Frustrating.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Apparently the committee is upset with how its turned out. Defenders getting injured..way too many flags. Plan to discuss it..adjust it somehow.
I’m all for that if it’s true, but the NFL has made no bones about that they wanted to cater to offenses and they have.

Can’t hit a reciever that is “defenseless”, can’t hit a QB up high, down low, or put your “full weight” on him.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
This is one of those drives Brady will play perfect and kick a last second field goal.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
40 points let up by these defenses. And Dallas put up 40 on the Jags. Ill just keep pointing out its not just our Defense :laugh:

Just the way it is now. Have actually been happy with our D the last few weeks. Actually the last 4(bucs and ravens too) . Actually every game but the Chiefs. But I also ignore how we used to look.

We are the one fanbase whos been spoiled by having a top defense for 30 straight years. 3 decades. So I can understand why some are disappointed. Not saying we shouldnt get better..but our team rides thru our offense and if our D makes a stop or two our offense should give us a 2 score lead. They cant keep messing around until the game is on the line. Or when we are down.

The first half against the Bucs and second half against Falcons...is what they should look like way more often. When our D makes a stop...our offense has to make that team pay. Get a 2 score lead then watch our D play with more confidence and make more plays. They havent had that confidence since Shazier went down. Thats why I put more blame on our offense..its up to them to give us a lead..helping our D grow.

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Good ..let the Chiefs lose today and take it out on the Bengals next week

Not worried about the Pats...its more about us. About time Steelers stop focusing on them. Saying they are the team to beat. Putting them on a pedestal before we even play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad