The Pittsburgher Thread: Where Tomlin tries his hardest to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Get used to it. The Pats aren’t going anywhere, anytime soon. They just keep doing what they do while the rest of the league shits all over themselves.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Get used to it. The Pats aren’t going anywhere, anytime soon. They just keep doing what they do while the rest of the league ****s all over themselves.

League has been up and down besides the Rams. Pats lost to the Lions.

Steelers fans always crowning the Pats..and the players/Tomlin did the same last year overlooking the Jags and it cost them. Pats are not what they were. But they still have teams scared before they even hit the field. It amazes me. Was glad the Eagles came out and didnt give a shit about any of that and beat em. The Falcons would have too but they got nervous in the second half...All they needed was a field goal yet beat themselves. Got that lead and panicked after.

That team is beatable, if you actually break down these games closely. If others stop crowning them before they take the field they wouldnt pull off alot of these. Perfect example was Mahomes overthrowing guys right away . That wasnt the Pats...that was him.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So Tomlin said he didn’t challenge the Conner play where he scored because....

...”I didn’t see it”

So there is no one upstairs to call down and tell him to challenge plays he can’t see in visiting stadiums?

Every week it’s something mind boggling.

If his superstars didn’t bail him out again, he would be explaining all week how exactly there is no process for him to challenge plays he “can’t see”.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Honestly why would we expect a better performance next game? For all the reasons you say and more. Abandoning Vance, no idea what Ben was doing. Or what was the game plan. Horrendous D covg . And oh yeah coaching and game mgmt.

This is the norm. Expect it.
Horrendous D? Dalton 5.5 yd per attempt. 63 yds on the ground.

How is that horrendous?

Not saying D hasn't been bad in previous games, but this one?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

...”I didn’t see it”

So there is no one upstairs to call down and tell him to challenge plays he can’t see in visiting stadiums?

If his superstars didn’t bail him out again, he would be explaining all week how exactly there is no process for him to challenge plays he “can’t see”.
Can someone just take the challenge flag out of his pocket and throw it for him? There is no reason to not challenge that play even if you saw it. There's one thing I've noticed in the NFL and NHL, no matter how sure you are one way about a call there is always a chance it can go the other way on the review.

Then again how they couldn't get it in is another disaster.

Anyway, I came to ask what the latest out of Pittsburgh is on Bell. Don't hear too much in Edmonton and thought maybe the local Pittsburgh media has some insight or opinions?

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

...”I didn’t see it”

And they should have simply QB sneaked on the first play. Instead they ran it, got another bad spot by the officials and they are suddenly sitting outside the one yard line. Obtuse.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Funny thing about that Conner run was that the spot of the ball was the most egregious thing about it. The replay clearly showed it was either a touchdown or at most down at like the 1-inch line, yet if I remember right it was spotted atleast a good 2 or so feet away.

Just a complete f*** up by the officials.

Reactions: KIRK and TNT87

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Yesterday I was thinking of teams who look like they are going to be out of the race by the trade deadline and what CB we could trade for...

Well Patrick Peterson is now on the trading block..

I swear if we dont get that done and he ends up going to the Pats or Chiefs...

This is the perfect situation. We could cut Sensabaugh and his 2mil. Easily fit Peterson's cap . This is why we made this much room right? An opportunity like this?

Make it happen. Peterson and Haden as our CBs. Burns can take a backseat and slow things down in his head..get that confidence back. And we dont have to see Coty anymore. This is the type of move you make if you are serious about winning it all...and we have over 12mil in cap space. So we will see if they are serious or not. Like I said ..perfect timing. We are going on a bye and a report just came out that Peterson could be traded. Its also Arizona who is Pittsburgh West.

Last edited:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Are we going to act like the Pats weren't trash until they got Gordon? Hilarious how this dude couldn't stay off weed for 4-5 years and magically gets cured in Boston. Just like when Chandler Jones was running around naked in a Boston police station before a playoff game. Then Gronk magically disappeared. They made him get on flight out of town to look like he wasn't connected/drug tested. Belicheat has cut players for missing practices in the regular season. Then come to find out.. Oh, Chandler Jones was only on K2 which is legal guys so he can play in the playoffs. When does the cheating stop in that f***ing shithole!!!?

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Patrick Peterson needs to happen if the Steelers are truly serious about going for it all. You've got the cap to do it. And it's not like his 2 years remaining break the bank.

Now if they want like 2 firsts and players on top of it, then I'd wager you can keep dreaming, but I'd absolutely consider giving up next years 1st and something else for him.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Patrick Peterson needs to happen if the Steelers are truly serious about going for it all. You've got the cap to do it. And it's not like his 2 years remaining break the bank.

Now if they want like 2 firsts and players on top of it, then I'd wager you can keep dreaming, but I'd absolutely consider giving up next years 1st and something else for him.

Agree..Id consider giving up a first with him having two more years left on his contract. We are better in the 2nd and 3rd round anyway. And take guys who are supposed to go in those rounds for our first round pick.

Peterson is still one of the best in the league...him and Haden out there together is too good to pass up. We have that connection with Arizona too. Make it happen.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Cardinals are Pittsburgh West. If Peterson has anything left I'd like to think we get him. If not, he's probably not worth it. They will tell us the real deal.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon

it addresses one of their biggest needs going forward. it makes a lot of sense, which means it probably won't happen.

Reactions: KIRK

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I still don't trust the middle of our D, but damn if we wouldn't be in a great spot being able to trot Peterson and Haden out against the big guns come December and January. It allows Burns to ride the pine as I think Hilton is a great #3 and Sutton has showed flashes and isn't out of place as a dime only player.

Being 28 means Peterson is probably on the backside of his prime but he's still a great CB. And you're only tied to him for 2 more years beyond this. It really is set up perfectly for us to go in on.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
It would remind me of the Pens trading for Kessel. We got the pieces, make the trade!! Screw a 1st next year and we would probably get it back if not two of them for Bell in the off-season. Not to mention they obviously can't draft or develop this position so get somebody who is!

Reactions: TNT87

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
The real question is how does Watt get fined for barely touching Ryan while that piece of s*** Burfect doesn't get anything for the hit on Brown yesterday?

Reactions: domaug

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
The Steelers should use those robo calls and every minute call the Cardinals for Peterson. I don't know if the rumors are true that he is available but he's in his prime and has two more years remaining. The Steelers need to be all over this. Burns is a joke and he and Haden together would be unreal. I think it's a long shot but I also never thought that Khalil Mack would ever be traded.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Yesterday I was thinking of teams who look like they are going to be out of the race by the trade deadline and what CB we could trade for...

Well Patrick Peterson is now on the trading block..

I swear if we dont get that done and he ends up going to the Pats or Chiefs...

This is the perfect situation. We could cut Sensabaugh and his 2mil. Easily fit Peterson's cap . This is why we made this much room right? An opportunity like this?

Make it happen. Peterson and Haden as our CBs. Burns can take a backseat and slow things down in his head..get that confidence back. And we dont have to see Coty anymore. This is the type of move you make if you are serious about winning it all...and we have over 12mil in cap space. So we will see if they are serious or not. Like I said ..perfect timing. We are going on a bye and a report just came out that Peterson could be traded. Its also Arizona who is Pittsburgh West.

You don’t actually believe this is going to happen do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad