The Pittsburgher Thread: Want Negativity? Stop and say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017
I hope Munchak walks as well. Who in the flying **** would want to be around this team right now?

I'd say get a 1st rounder for AB and be done with his BS but Tomlin will probably just draft some CB who nobody ever heard of before and we'll waste it.

BTW, I'm all in on the tank 2 years from now for Trevor Lawrence bandwagon. Kid is the real deal. Been saying it all year.
Just in time for the Browns next #1 pick

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Did Saxton get fired or was another Porter situation where his contract wasn't renewed?

Contract wasnt renewed. Lmao the little letter sent out by Tomlin is basically verbatim the same as porters only the names are different.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
When his players consisted of James Conner, Steven Ridley and Jaylen Samuels, I cant say I blame him for wanting out.
Are you insinuating that the Steelers have bad RB's? Conner entered the season as the backup, and finished with the 8th highest rush yards per game, and 3rd most rush TD's. Samuels had 239 yards from scrimmage in 2 starst, and Ridley was a 3 year starter for the Patriots. Considering all of these players were supposed to be backups this season, I'd argue the Steelers have the best collection of RB's in the entire league.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Are you insinuating that the Steelers have bad RB's? Conner entered the season as the backup, and finished with the 8th highest rush yards per game, and 3rd most rush TD's. Samuels had 239 yards from scrimmage in 2 starst, and Ridley was a 3 year starter for the Patriots. Considering all of these players were supposed to be backups this season, I'd argue the Steelers have the best collection of RB's in the entire league.
or maybe he's had enough of the head coach.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
I hope Munchak walks as well. Who in the flying **** would want to be around this team right now?

I'd say get a 1st rounder for AB and be done with his BS but Tomlin will probably just draft some CB who nobody ever heard of before and we'll waste it.

BTW, I'm all in on the tank 2 years from now for Trevor Lawrence bandwagon. Kid is the real deal. Been saying it all year.
i REALLY want the Steelers to tank for Trevor Lawrence. he seems like a real gem.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I'm surprised that so many of you support tanking considering most of you flipped a lid after a 9-6-1 season. Most fans would kill for their team to finish 3 games above .500.

And realistically speaking tanking is not an option, especially with a coach like Tomlin who's never even had a losing record. Not to mention a career .500 record without Ben.

If you want Lawrence, go cheer for the Browns.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh

agreed on all this. Though for the life of me, can't understand why Kevin Colbert isn't calling the personnel shots on draft day. Tomlin can't handle clock management or challenges, yet he has final say on draft picks....:huh:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
agreed on all this. Though for the life of me, can't understand why Kevin Colbert isn't calling the personnel shots on draft day. Tomlin can't handle clock management or challenges, yet he has final say on draft picks....:huh:

Speaking of clock management, I dont think they told them you can take longer than 30 seconds to get your pick in.

Reactions: edog37 and TNT87

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
I'm surprised that so many of you support tanking considering most of you flipped a lid after a 9-6-1 season. Most fans would kill for their team to finish 3 games above .500.

Well, fans have low/irrational/dumb standards. Finishing in the playoffs gives you a chance at the Super Bowl. Finishing at the bottom of the league gives you a chance at franchise QBs and shutdown corners. Anything in between those two is just...shit. There's no benefit in finishing there.

Reactions: domaug

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I honestly believe there are a lot of people in the organization that are fed up with the shit show, both coaches and players alike.

I really hope that someday, after someone retires, that they write a tell all memoir about the circus that was the Pittsburgh Steelers for the last 10-12 years.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Well, fans have low/irrational/dumb standards. Finishing in the playoffs gives you a chance at the Super Bowl. Finishing at the bottom of the league gives you a chance at franchise QBs and shutdown corners. Anything in between those two is just...****. There's no benefit in finishing there.
Gotta agree with this. That is why I tire of hearing people go on about Tomlin never having a losing season. I don’t care about that. The ultimate goal should be to win championships, not to muddle in the middle of the NFL ranks every year.

Reminds of the later Bylsma years when it seemed as though the Penguins ownership was simply content to continue the muddling status quo, so long as it meant butts in the seats and that consecutive sellout streak...

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
a mock draft on the CBS Sports website has the Steelers taking CB Amani Oruwariye from Penn State in the first round.

I'm a Penn State fan but I'm not sure if I would love that pick for the Steelers. Not that he's a bad player, but I don't think I would love that pick.

Reactions: KIRK and Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
a mock draft on the CBS Sports website has the Steelers taking CB Amani Oruwariye from Penn State in the first round.

I'm a Penn State fan but I'm not sure if I would love that pick for the Steelers. Not that he's a bad player, but I don't think I would love that pick.

Agree completely.

Most have three CBs who would be worthy of the pick at 20 and he is not one of those three. He is a tier below. I would be thrilled to trade up in the second round or if he fell to their pick in the 50's, but not at 20.

Really if they go CB it should be one of two, Byron Murphy or Deandre Baker. Greedy Williams will not be there.

Would love to see them take Polite from Florida there as well and then maybe move up in the second for Oruwariye, Or fill the need with a FA signing.

Reactions: domaug

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Really if they go CB it should be one of two, Byron Murphy or Deandre Baker. Greedy Williams will not be there.

Would love to see them take Polite from Florida there as well and then maybe move up in the second for Oruwariye, Or fill the need with a FA signing.
player rankings are going to be all over the place from now till draft. imo but just going on need for a inside line backer and how few of them will be available. we may have to reach a little.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Well, fans have low/irrational/dumb standards. Finishing in the playoffs gives you a chance at the Super Bowl. Finishing at the bottom of the league gives you a chance at franchise QBs and shutdown corners. Anything in between those two is just...****. There's no benefit in finishing there.
This is 100% not true. Good teams get good talent regardless where they draft. The Steelers are a perfect example of this with 7 pro bowlers this year and the highest draft pick was Pouncey at 18. Only 3 of their 7 pro bowlers are 1st rounders.
Bad teams like the Browns and Raiders have wasted dozens of high picks and nothing to show for it.

My point is that your draft position means absolutely nothing.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
can we just fire Tomlin and make Munchack the HC. It's so simple. It's right in front of us.
Munchak's Titans teams were pretty meh when he was their HC. 22-26 in 3 seasons.

I rather just pay him his weight in gold and keep him the Oline coach and assistant HC. He's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad