The Pittsburgher Thread: Want Negativity? Stop and say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I don’t know how you keep Butler after that Eifert crap, that was beyond embarrassing.

Well he did stop Eifert from being productive.

Speaking of embarrassing...what this city really needs is the Pirates to somehow get lucky and go on a run and win it all before the Steelers win again. That would embarrass the franchise.

Pens win it all again this year...Pirates as well. Steelers miss playoffs again.

Please happen.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Trayvon Mullen and Tre Lamar looking great for Clemson. Guys that could go 2nd-3rd round.

Id take both

Montez Sweat in first round.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
Not that I like to pass an opportunity to slam this staff. But I think that the line and Ben have a lot more to do with it.
Neither the line nor Ben were teaching Bell and Conner how to pass protect. Neither of those guys could do it worth a damn when they got to Pittsburgh. They're both good now--Bell's excellent. Ben never seemed to have any interest in throwing the ball to RBs prior to Saxon coaching up some guys who could actually catch the football.

The running game is dictated by factors besides the running back and is far outside the RB coach's control. Everything beyond the running game, that's what the RB coach is mostly there to teach.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I really don't get this. That is the one area that has done fine, especially with what they have had to endure/work with. But yet geniuses Butler, Tomlin, and Smith are still there.
it's called job security. get rid of those that could replace you, and all of a sudden your irreplaceable. :)

Reactions: edog37

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Odd move to let Saxon go. In 18 years as a RB coach he's had 15 pro bowlers.

As far as the draft, I'd say our top priorities are OLB, ILB, CB. Followed by WR, RG

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Odd move to let Saxon go. In 18 years as a RB coach he's had 15 pro bowlers.

As far as the draft, I'd say our top priorities are OLB, ILB, CB. Followed by WR, RG

Someone had to go after that collapse. He probably did not go out for a beer with the other coaches enough.

Although I do not give him as much credit as some, he certainly was low on the totem pole for any blame for the failings.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I really don't get this. That is the one area that has done fine, especially with what they have had to endure/work with. But yet geniuses Butler, Tomlin, and Smith are still there.

Art and Kevin are trying to cut ties with people Tomlin was close to as a warning shot.

Unfortunately these minor moves will be about as effective as a band-aid on a severed limb.

Also...I get letting porter walk if he couldnt be professional and was trying to divide the locker room, along with not getting the most out of his OLBers. Besides Watt who would probably produce no matter who his coach was.

But I never heard Saxton being involved in any of the drama. Plus he did well as the RB coach.

It's like they released a decent position coach just to show Tomlin they werent happy with how he was running things.

Meanwhile the individuals at fault for this cluster f*** remain employed.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
if thats really arts game he is more of a fraud than i thought

As far as I can tell we have one radio host's word that this is what's happening. I'll confess that, being out of town, I don't have a feel for the sports talking heads, but I do know that I'm comfortable dismissing a single voice if I find it of questionable veracity, and I've seen the same happen on here with other media members.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Yeah, making him fire people he's close with could just make him resent the organization instead of sending a message. Porter, ok. But Saxon didn't deserve to go.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I hope Munchak walks as well. Who in the flying f*** would want to be around this team right now?

I'd say get a 1st rounder for AB and be done with his BS but Tomlin will probably just draft some CB who nobody ever heard of before and we'll waste it.

BTW, I'm all in on the tank 2 years from now for Trevor Lawrence bandwagon. Kid is the real deal. Been saying it all year.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If the RB coach was a Tomlin crony and the Steelers are firing him to make Tomlin start to feel uncomfortable, then I really have no problem with it. It's far past time the Rooneys started to make Tomlin's seat feel warm. RB coaches aren't irreplaceable.

However, I do have a problem if Smith and Butler are still around by the time next season starts.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I hope Munchak walks as well. Who in the flying **** would want to be around this team right now?

I'd say get a 1st rounder for AB and be done with his BS but Tomlin will probably just draft some CB who nobody ever heard of before and we'll waste it.

BTW, I'm all in on the tank 2 years from now for Trevor Lawrence bandwagon. Kid is the real deal. Been saying it all year.

Yes please.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Art and Kevin are trying to cut ties with people Tomlin was close to as a warning shot.

Unfortunately these minor moves will be about as effective as a band-aid on a severed limb.

Also...I get letting porter walk if he couldnt be professional and was trying to divide the locker room, along with not getting the most out of his OLBers. Besides Watt who would probably produce no matter who his coach was.

But I never heard Saxton being involved in any of the drama. Plus he did well as the RB coach.

It's like they released a decent position coach just to show Tomlin they werent happy with how he was running things.

Meanwhile the individuals at fault for this cluster **** remain employed.

Did Saxton get fired or was another Porter situation where his contract wasn't renewed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->