The Pittsburgher Thread: Want Negativity? Stop and say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Still a good roster. Franchise QB still here at least idk, 2-3 more seasons? As will most of the pieces of a pretty elite O-line. Juju. Washington emerged a bit against New England, who they finally beat. Good stuff from Vance this year. Good signs from the run game at times. An improving defense, mostly young and will continue to get better in the draft. Losing Bell and potentially AB May suck but they haven’t won much with them and will at least have more cap space to improve defensively which has been be main issue assuming they go.

Browns and Bengals still need a coach. Nice season from Cleveland, but still a young team and pressure will be on them more next season. Jackson racked up mostly garbage time stats against a prevent D and was exposed up til then, teams will get more tape on him, he has huge fumble issues and can improve but you can’t teach accuracy.

I know - the negatives still outweigh the positives this season and anyone can fire back dismissing all that.

Just wanted to be positive, for a change, as I normally complain about the negatives.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
This is like the third time this is happened today. Refs need to let the play unfold before blowing it dead.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Still a good roster. Franchise QB still here at least idk, 2-3 more seasons? As will most of the pieces of a pretty elite O-line. Juju. Washington emerged a bit against New England, who they finally beat. Good stuff from Vance this year. Good signs from the run game at times. An improving defense, mostly young and will continue to get better in the draft. Losing Bell and potentially AB May suck but they haven’t won much with them and will at least have more cap space to improve defensively which has been be main issue assuming they go.

Browns and Bengals still need a coach. Nice season from Cleveland, but still a young team and pressure will be on them more next season. Jackson racked up mostly garbage time stats against a prevent D and was exposed up til then, teams will get more tape on him, he has huge fumble issues and can improve but you can’t teach accuracy.

I know - the negatives still outweigh the positives this season and anyone can fire back dismissing all that.

Just wanted to be positive, for a change.

I am honestly happy to see everything blowing up in Tomlin and Rooney’s faces.

They have to hit this kind of rock bottom to get the wake up call they have needed for yrs.

Rooney obviously still doesn’t get it, but it’s a process...

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I am honestly happy to see everything blowing up in Tomlin and Rooney’s faces.

They have to hit this kind of rock bottom to get the wake up call they have needed for yrs.

Rooney obviously still doesn’t get it, but it’s a process...
Yeah don’t get me wrong - agree. I don’t care for Tomlin right now, but man, sure does seem like the amount of head coaching vacancies greatly outnumbers the viable candidates. You got teams interviewing the likes of Adam Gase, McCarthy (who is basically like Tomlin), Patriots assistants, wanting to interview a guy that couldn’t even cut it in college (Kingsbury).

No playoffs next year and I’m all aboard firing him and taking their chances with someone new anyway.

Also - look at some of these former head coaches thriving in assistant roles, like Jim Schwartz. Really something to ponder when you look at Butler and his defense.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah don’t get me wrong - agree. I don’t care for Tomlin right now, but man, sure does seem like the amount of head coaching vacancies greatly outnumbers the viable candidates. You got teams interviewing the likes of Adam Gase, McCarthy (who is basically like Tomlin), Patriots assistants, wanting to interview a guy that couldn’t even cut it in college (Kingsbury).

No playoffs next year and I’m all aboard firing him and taking their chances with someone new anyway.

Also - look at some of these former head coaches thriving in assistant roles, like Jim Schwartz. Really something to ponder when you look at Butler and his defense.

Tomlin will always get a free pass, even when he turns the gold standard NFL org into a laughingstock, so whatever.

My thing is, the rumor is Butler won’t be fired because Tomlin was mostly taking over the play calling duties...

So Tomlin had to take over his duties because Butler was incompetent, but he shouldn’t be fired because Tomlin was even more incompetent at it?

Steeler logic.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
A first year head coach knows how to manage the clock. He at least gives his team time to get into FG range by calling those timeouts. Take notes Tomlin.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Eagles luck remains full force. Saints will get a bye with the Cowboys. Wonder if they get all the calls...since theyre going up against Dallas tho.

This would have been the easiest playoff run(opponent wise) for us and we miss the playoffs. 7-2-1. How that isnt talked about more is beyond me.

Yet all the talk is Brown...gets the distraction off of Tomlin..the real problem

Reactions: KIRK

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Pretty bad for the Philly kicker to not kick it out of the end zone, allowing that run back. Doesn’t matter now though. Geez. That Chicago kicker....wow.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Didn't think he would make it after he made the one after the timeout was called.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Philly missing like 10 players and still keep winning lol. Coaching.

Id trade two firsts for Pederson.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I know a kicker that won't be kicking for the Bears next season.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Bear's coach just out-Tomlined Tomlin.

I was shouting at my TV when they were going for 2 after that touchdown that took the lead it was a mistake.

In low scoring games you never risk points like that.

Eagles offense was shutdown all night. The only touchdown they got was becuase of 3 big penalties in a row.

Why not trust your defense when you're a defensive team? Go up by 6 because you know they can't put up 7. But instead you go up by 5 and let up 2 field goals.

Geeeeeeeez. Must be rough to be a Bears fan right now.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Love me some Nick Foles.

Feel bad for that kicker though, makes the kick but Philly calls a timeout right before the snap then misses the next try.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
All of the talk is about the Steelers trading Brown...why do you think they are putting that out there? Cant believe fans/media fell for this. Was all about getting the heat off of Tomlin.

Brown wont be traded.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

Just wanted to be positive, for a change, as I normally complain about the negatives.
Not having Bell really hurt this team even though the yinzer nation thinks Conner is a good replacement.

Cleveland and Cincinnati need coaches? I’d rather be without a couch than have our dumb f*** coaches.

Losing Brown will really hinder JuJu now that teams won’t have to worry about ANY other receiver.

I think this team sinks to 6 or 7 wins tops next year.

The window is closed. No team can recover after losing Bell and Brown. It’s a shame that this team pissed away the last 9 years.

The owner sucks, the gm sucks and the coaches really suck.

Cleveland is better off today than we are. Let that sink in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad