The Pittsburgher Thread: Want Negativity? Stop and say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Not having Bell really hurt this team even though the yinzer nation thinks Conner is a good replacement.

Cleveland and Cincinnati need coaches? I’d rather be without a couch than have our dumb **** coaches.

Losing Brown will really hinder JuJu now that teams won’t have to worry about ANY other receiver.

I think this team sinks to 6 or 7 wins tops next year.

The window is closed. No team can recover after losing Bell and Brown. It’s a shame that this team pissed away the last 9 years.

The owner sucks, the gm sucks and the coaches really suck.

Cleveland is better off today than we are. Let that sink in.

What window was open with those two exactly?

They aren’t Crosby and Malkin, they aren’t guys you win championships with.

Blows my mind some people have still not figured that out yet.

tread102

Mar 17, 2008
Not having Bell really hurt this team even though the yinzer nation thinks Conner is a good replacement.

Cleveland and Cincinnati need coaches? I’d rather be without a couch than have our dumb **** coaches.

Losing Brown will really hinder JuJu now that teams won’t have to worry about ANY other receiver.

I think this team sinks to 6 or 7 wins tops next year.

The window is closed. No team can recover after losing Bell and Brown. It’s a shame that this team pissed away the last 9 years.

The owner sucks, the gm sucks and the coaches really suck.

Cleveland is better off today than we are. Let that sink in.

Both of those guys are cancers, and you know what 20 years ago the Steelers wouldn’t have drafted punks like that, and if they did draft them, they were cut the first signs of trouble. You don’t win championships with guys like that

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

If anything weve shown we can replace guys on offense. We have no problem drafting in that area. Conner getting hurt(and us not bringing bell back for rest of season) did have an impact. But we will be fine next year. Washington and Samuels will be better. We can draft another WR if we trade Brown, which I dont think happens anyway. This is all a distraction to get people to not focus on the real problem...Tomlin. Everyone fell for it.

We were 7-2-1....Brown sitting out the last game didnt ruin our season. Tomlin did.

As to your point..we need to keep adding to the defense. If pick #20 lands us a CB like Murphy/Baker and we go out and sign UFA ILB CJ Mosely for example....we are much better off. Our offense will be fine the next few years with Ben and the rest.

Hopefully Munchak stays tho. Denver needs to hire someone else and we should be fine there.

Baker/Murphy taking over for Sensabaugh. CJ Mosely(just an example..we could still land Devin White in the draft...who knows) would push Bostic into a backup role with Williams on the other side. Whichever route they decide to go...upgrading CB2 and ILB will push this D over the top. Id even take Montez Sweat to play opposite of Watt. Giving us an OLB duo that rivals Bosa/Ingram...Miller/Chubb. But would still need to add in FA.

Bottom line , missing the playoffs this year(and the way it happened) better force us to go all in these next two years...the last with Ben at QB. Basically what the Saints did this past season, knowing Brees is almost done.

Still pissed about missing this year tho since this was our best chance imo. Mahomes wont be ready. Every team is beatable. Not sure about next season.

Our luck, our Defense will become one of the best in the league again in a few years and we lose Ben...and our offense drops to middle of the pack lol. Cant have both at once of course

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

You can’t win with a bunch of nice guys either though. Ryan Switzer seems like a really nice person off the field but he sucks at playing football.

I guess none of this matters with Tomlin as our coach and Colbert forgetting how to draft players.

Tomlin essentially created these two monsters with his dumb f*** approach.

Reactions: KIRK

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
You can’t win with a bunch of nice guys either though. Ryan Switzer seems like a really nice person off the field but he sucks at playing football.

I guess none of this matters with Tomlin as our coach and Colbert forgetting how to draft players.

Last 2 drafts were solid. Lets see what we do this year..in a stacked draft.

We are a few moves away from being a true contender(even with this coaching) but have to be the right moves. Have to get lucky one of the top prospects fall to us at 20. Havent had that luck last year(having to take Edmunds instead) and the years before Watt. No LVE and William Jackson...but instead Burns and Edmunds. Got lucky with Watt...need that again. Whether its White, Greedy Williams, Baker/Murphy...or even Sweat. All great additions and should be able to land one of them.

But also need to add a top FA for once. And with the money we will have...I see that happening.

Window is not closed. Just need a little luck and make the right decisions. The last two drafts (outside of reaching on Edmunds) have been solid.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Last 2 drafts were solid. Lets see what we do this year..in a stacked draft.

We are a few moves away from being a true contender(even with this coaching) but have to be the right moves. Have to get lucky one of the top prospects fall to us at 20. Havent had that luck last year(having to take Edmunds instead) and the years before Watt. No LVE and William Jackson...but instead Burns and Edmunds. Got lucky with Watt...need that again. Whether its White, Greedy Williams, Baker/Murphy...or even Sweat. All great additions and should be able to land one of them.

But also need to add a top FA for once. And with the money we will have...I see that happening.

Window is not closed. Just need a little luck and make the right decisions. The last two drafts (outside of reaching on Edmunds) have been solid.
I hope we can land a really good free agent but that seems very unlike the Steelers.

You are making a lot of assumptions. A lot of things need to fall into place for this to happen.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Tomlin essentially created these two monsters with his dumb **** approach.

They have Roth, future HOF QB, not a nice guy, tries hard.

They don’t need nice guys, they need talented guys that want to win, not make themselves into a brand.

JuJu, Watt and Conner are really good starts.

Find a flanker that can get deep, and they will be humming on offense. Talents like McDonald will emerge, when he sees more balls without the cancer whining for it every play.

Roth, Juju, McDonald, and Conner are some serious talents to build an offense around. Not even close to worried about that side of the ball.

Now the other side... bringing back Butler... their inability to find and develop corners... LBs all blow but Watt... uh ya... no idea what to think.

And the Tomlin problem um... I have no idea what to say that I haven’t already. He’s the poison in the well..

Reactions: KIRK and TNT87

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I hope we can land a really good free agent but that seems very unlike the Steelers.

You are making a lot of assumptions. A lot of things need to fall into place for this to happen.

It does. With the money they have in cap space(never do) and how this season ended I cant see how they dont add a big FA. But ive been wrong before. We'll see

As for the draft...with how many great prospects available i dont even think we can mess up the first round(we do better in rounds 2-3) . but again..we'll see lol

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
If AB really does get traded. Then we need to sign a UFA WR that can at least take the top off the defense with speed. Then maybe draft a skilled WR in the earlier rounds 2-3.

But our priority is still defense and really fixing the middle of the field, and a #2 CB.

We need at least a somewhat reliable CB opposite Haden. Sensenbaugh and Burns arent it.

Also... even after signing Burnett and drafting Edmund's we still have major issues up the middle.

Bostic and William's are decent run stoppers but cant cover on passing downs. We need an athletic ILB I'm living a dream and praying we somehow get White. But I'll even take Mack Wilson.

And we definitely again need another Safety. Preferably someone with ball skills...

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
As for the draft...with how many great prospects available i dont even think we can mess up the first round(we do better in rounds 2-3) . but again..we'll see lol

Exactly why I'm starting to think we punted this season for draft position. Potentially getting more picks with Bell and AB as well.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

Tomlin essentially created these two monsters with his dumb **** approach.
Yeah it's perfectly acceptable to draft guys like AB/Bell, you just need a coach to reign them in.

Tomlin is not that, at all. On a team full of the same same talent, but much more humble and team oriented players, he may be considered one of the best in the league. His style would work for a team like that. But his coaching style just enables the AB/Bell types of guys to the point where, well, we have years like this.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Totally responsible? No. But did they play a big role on disrupting the locker room and such? Yes.

I don't think locker room distractions were that much of a problem, either.

The coaching sucks and it's an absolute joke the only change is Porter. No one wants to take responsibility for this team. It's just blame a couple of players, blame the refs, blame the media, etc. We're heading for a repeat of the 80s where the ownership sat back and watched a coach that should have been fired continue to put out mediocrity. But at least Noll had built a dynasty and had that in his pocket.

Reactions: Pens x

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I don't think locker room distractions were that much of a problem, either.

The coaching sucks and it's an absolute joke the only change is Porter. No one wants to take responsibility for this team. It's just blame a couple of players, blame the refs, blame the media, etc. We're heading for a repeat of the 80s where the ownership sat back and watched a coach that should have been fired continue to put out mediocrity. But at least Noll had built a dynasty and had that in his pocket.
Oh believe me, I blame the coaching and the ownership more than anyone. I believe that Tomlin and crew created a culture that allowed AB and Bell to grow into the monsters they are, and it fractured the locker room in the process.

I guarantee you that there are more than a few players on that team that grew to loathe and despise AB and Bell for the shit that they were allowed to get away with, most notably Bell never showing up for the pre game meeting last year before the playoff game against the Jags and Tomlin letting him play. Fast forward to this year and AB thinks he can walk out of practice and go MIA and then show up on Sunday and play. Meanwhile, guys show up to work on time every day and put the hours in all while watching these entitled assholes do as they please.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I feel drained thinking about this team with all of the drama and not making the right changes with the coaching staff. It's been long enough now where you have to be honest with yourself. Constant distractions, idiotic decisions on the field, when is enough, enough?

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Bottom line re AB, the have to find a way to replace FIFTEEN TDs.
That ain’t nothin. Yes I think JuJu will improve and other guys may step up, but 15 TDs is huge and dunno that it’s replaceable.

Also they need to get a little more balanced. They passed 67% this year which was most in NFL. Can they change the balance and get a few more of those TDs on the running side?

There’s significant issues on O even with AB much less without.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Maybe they spelled Danny Smith's name wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: KIRK

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
James Saxon fired.

This a joke? Bell. Conner. Even Samuels with a 140 yard game.

Watch Munchak leave too then we start to have a problem on offense in a few years once Ben is gone. Which was already a concern but now possibly without 2 of the best coaches we had on this team

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Hilarious.

Now I wasn’t a fan of Porter and all his shenanigans off the field, but I find it funny that the Steelers were number 1 in sacks and they fire him, and Saxon turned Conner into a Pro Bowl caliber back and even had Samuels looking good and they fire him...

ACCOUNTABILITY!!!

They’ll likely lose Munchak as well...

But hey, ART2 is holding people accountable!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad