The Pittsburgher Thread: Want Negativity? Stop and say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I don’t agree with that at all. I understand the voting for the Pro Bowl is probably flawed, but they have a really solid OL. Villanueva, Pouncey, Decastro are all really good. I won’t include Foster because I don’t think he returns. Gilbert is actually good when he’s available, but Feiler was no slouch when filling in for him. Long story short, OL is about the least of my worries heading into next season.
Gilbert was a horrible player until Munchak took over.

Did you consider the reason that nobodys were able to fill in with similar success was due to coaching?

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Kind of worrisome Rooney doesn’t seem to understand how far the Steelers have fallen from the once proud org they were under his father... but given the fact he’s the one who allowed Tomlin to drive the org off the cliff and kept enabling everything, I guess none of this should be shocking. It’s more sad than anything I guess.

You can’t fix a problem when you live in denial about what’s going on.

This scale and scope of a **** show can only be enabled from the top.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I know that it is the last thing that anyone would think about. However Shazier become a free agent and needs to be signed or let go. It seems that the Steelers are going to opt to sign him at league minimum.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I know that it is the last thing that anyone would think about. However Shazier become a free agent and needs to be signed or let go. It seems that the Steelers are going to opt to sign him at league minimum.

He will be the second best linebacker on the team best year.

Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me if the incompetent Rooney doesn’t re-sign him. Always trying to save a buck.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Gilbert was a horrible player until Munchak took over.

Did you consider the reason that nobodys were able to fill in with similar success was due to coaching?
Yeah I considered it. I also considered that the guys still on the line aren’t going to forget how to block and the guy they promoted has been the assistant coach for 6 years, so I’m sure he’s picked up a thing or two. The OL is nothing to worry about.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Yeah I considered it. I also considered that the guys still on the line aren’t going to forget how to block and the guy they promoted has been the assistant coach for 6 years, so I’m sure he’s picked up a thing or two. The OL is nothing to worry about.

I know you're not the only person to say this, and I certainly hope the best for the new OL coach, but isn't this how we got Butler as DC?

Reactions: Pens x

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I know you're not the only person to say this, and I certainly hope the best for the new OL coach, but isn't this how we got Butler as DC?
Butler was a lazy cheap hire and so is this clown.

Can’t one of Art’s 8 brothers and sisters take over the team???

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Butler was a lazy cheap hire and so is this clown.

Can’t one of Art’s 8 brothers and sisters take over the team???

Being that his brothers and sisters are from the same generation and grew up watching the team from the 70's, it's doubtful they would run the team any different. We likely won't see any major changes in how the organization is run until at earliest the next generation of Rooneys (who were not yet alive in the 70's) take a over.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
I mean I understand what you’re saying, but I think there’s a couple layers to it. One being who is actually running the defense? Lots of speculation that’s Tomlin’s thing now and not Butler. Perhaps that doesn’t say much for Butler, or maybe it just makes Tomlin look worse. I don’t know.

Additionally, the OL is far more talented than the defense is. If the defense was comprised of 60-80% Pro Bowlers like the OL, I doubt we’d be singing the same tune about Butler.

Personally, despite what I said above, I think they should’ve fired Butler. However, he clearly doesn’t have the talent to work with, not to mention that Tomlin might be the one guilty of a lot of their issues. We don’t really know for sure.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The current trendy positional pick is a wide receiver. I really really hope not. If they pass some of the corners most think will be available for a wide receiver I am going to strangle a kitten.

Reactions: domaug

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The current trendy positional pick is a wide receiver. I really really hope not. If they pass some of the corners most think will be available for a wide receiver I am going to strangle a kitten.

They can’t draft corners and are sublime at taking flankers.

So can’t say I’ll be too pissed.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
They can’t draft corners and are sublime at taking flankers.

So can’t say I’ll be too pissed.

That is because they keep reaching thinking that they know better. I would feel more comfortable with a guy like Murphy or Baker if they are there. The guys they pick are not consensus firsts like them.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
That is because they keep reaching thinking that they know better. I would feel more comfortable with a guy like Murphy or Baker if they are there. The guys they pick are not consensus firsts like them.

I’m hoping Oakland gives them 24 for Brown and they use that as currency to land a top corner or Devin White.

They need to stop sitting on their hands. Of course listening to a content Rooney today doesn’t instill me with much confidence... he seems to think all is well and this season was bad luck.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

I'm still holding out that we someone grow a sack and trade up for Devin White. Especially if we do end up trading Brown.

I think Mel Kiper has us taking Devin Bush in round 1.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I’m hoping Oakland gives them 24 for Brown and they use that as currency to land a top corner or Devin White.

They need to stop sitting on their hands. Of course listening to a content Rooney today doesn’t instill me with much confidence... he seems to think all is well and this season was bad luck.

Agreed Rooney said our front 7 was fine. So I doubt we draft an ILB 1st, let alone trade up to get White.

I seen a few of these mocks with us drafting Snell Jr in the 2nd too.

I thought he was the #1RB. There is no way he last to our 2nd.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Agreed Rooney said our front 7 was fine. So I doubt we draft an ILB 1st, let alone trade up to get White.

I seen a few of these mocks with us drafting Snell Jr in the 2nd too.

I thought he was the #1RB. There is no way he last to our 2nd.

Rooney today:

upload_2019-1-18_22-3-24.jpeg

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

There's no way. These mocks are never right.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Kiper's Steeler mock picks since 2010 vs. actual picks:

Kiper: OT Bryan Bulaga, OT Tyron Smith, DT Dontari Poe, DE Ezekiel Ansah, DT Louis Nix III, CB Kevin Johnson, CB Kendall Fuller, OLB Charles Harris, LB Rashaan Evans.

Actual: C Maurkice Pouncey, DE Cameron Heyward, OG David DeCastro, OLB Jarvis Jones, LB Ryan Shazier, OLB Bud Dupree, CB Artie Burns, OLB T.J. Watt, S Terrell Edmunds.

Your team's first round picks since 2010, if Mel Kiper's initial mock drafts were perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad