The Pittsburgher Thread: Want Negativity? Stop and say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Quote:
@AB84 you know damn well I didn’t travel to LA to talk about you fam. You trippin yo. I went to be a analyst in which you acting foolish was the topic and I gave my analytical opinion. Get off the gas yo. You did it to yourself
— Emmanuel Sanders (@ESanders_10) January 16, 2019

AB becoming unglued

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Steelers and trade up in the first round? Lol...happens once in a blue moon only...the stars have to be aligned just right...get out the astrological charts on draft day and see if Taurus is in the eighth house of Saturn, will only happen then...

Not to mention ArtII said in his conference that he believes the front 7 did well but it was the DBs that need improvement.

I can totally see William's, Baker, Murphy being off the board and we will reach for someone like the PSU CB. Who is good but its pick 20 in the 1st round good.

ARTII also thinks the rumors of the team being a circus are "nonsense" and they were only a half game out of winning the divison.

I didnt know that was our main objective Art....

Reactions: Andy99

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Quote:
@AB84 you know damn well I didn’t travel to LA to talk about you fam. You trippin yo. I went to be a analyst in which you acting foolish was the topic and I gave my analytical opinion. Get off the gas yo. You did it to yourself

AB becoming unglued

Sucks.... his value had already taken a hit. He keeps flying off the handle over any criticism we are gonna end up with a 2020 3rd...

Sarcasm but still....

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sucks.... his value had already taken a hit. He keeps flying off the handle over any criticism we are gonna end up with a 2020 3rd...

Sarcasm but still....

I’m just spitballing but with all of AB’s recent anger issues, speeding, throwing things etc—and the fact that people say he’s changed—is there any chance this dude is on a steroid that is being masked well enough for him to pass tests? Seriously sounds like that to me, unless he’s bipolar and went off his meds or something

Reactions: td_ice

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I’m just spitballing but with all of AB’s recent anger issues, speeding, throwing things etc—and the fact that people say he’s changed—is there any chance this dude is on a steroid that is being masked well enough for him to pass tests? Seriously sounds like that to me, unless he’s bipolar and went off his meds or something

Maybe... could be the reason he shows no signs of slowing down at 31. Even if he is a hard working as far as training goes.

It could even truly be CTE.

But honestly I think he is just a narcissist that thinks so highly of himself. That any negative criticism no matter how minor sets him off the deep end.

I mean all arians said was "This DIVA isnt the Antonio I coached in 2010"

That's nothing to fly off the handle about after everything he has done.

Then Sanders gives an honest assessment, says he disrespected the team "which he did" but he also put blame on Ben and Tomlin. He didnt just attack AB. But dude is nutting the f*** out.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Quote:

AB becoming unglued

Is this English?

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I’ve heard this a lot and just do not understand it at all. They didn’t lose their entire offensive line. They lost the coach. They still have 3-4 Pro Bowlers on the line. Those guys aren’t going to forget how to block. It’s probably likely that they don’t really change any of their blocking schemes since they just promoted from within. I think people are really making a mountain out of a mole hill with this move.
They have multiple Pro Bowlers because the Steelers fans voted them in. Decastro is the one OL who is actually a very good player, the rest are beneficiaries of coaching.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
So Rooney says no other coaches are being let go. How the f*** does Danny Smith continue to have a job with the Steelers let alone Butler? Amazing how little accountability this team has. This team deserves every single insult it gets from the fans and media.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
something is seriously wrong with Antonio Brown.

what a shame.

I'm likely wrong, but I'm curious if some of Brown's outbursts over the past couple years are somewhat tied to current race relations in the country.
  • If I remember right it was hinted at that he was among the group of Steelers that were the most upset over the anthem protest comments by Trump that caused Tomlin to make the decision to hold the team off the field for the anthem to prevent a divided locker room.
  • He called Ed Bouchette "racist" for reporting on a potential training camp injury without any evidence of provocation or explanation since.
  • He called Ryan Clark an "Uncle Tom" for commenting about him in the media, again a reference to racial tensions in a seemingly unrelated circumstance.
  • He's hinted at expressing desire to play for the 49ers including "liking" social media mentions related to San Francisco, who are the last team Kaepernick played for before his lawsuit.
He's had other emotional blow ups over the past couple years outside of these, but these to me seem to hint at a pattern in his behavior that could shed some light on some of the issues tied to his recent mental state. If I'm right I have a feeling Bell's contract holdout likely exacerbated these feeling in Brown as well. The "Uncle Tom" comment is the smoking gun to me.

Reactions: domaug

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I'm likely wrong, but I'm curious if some of Brown's outbursts over the past couple years are somewhat tied to current race relations in the country.
  • If I remember right it was hinted at that he was among the group of Steelers that were the most upset over the anthem protest comments by Trump that caused Tomlin to make the decision to hold the team off the field for the anthem to prevent a divided locker room.
  • He called Ed Bouchette "racist" for reporting on a potential training camp injury without any evidence of provocation or explanation since.
  • He called Ryan Clark an "Uncle Tom" for commenting about him in the media, again a reference to racial tensions in a seemingly unrelated circumstance.
  • He's hinted at expressing desire to play for the 49ers including "liking" social media mentions related to San Francisco, who are the last team Kaepernick played for before his lawsuit.
He's had other emotional blow ups over the past couple years outside of these, but these to me seem to hint at a pattern in his behavior that could shed some light on some of the issues tied to his recent mental state. If I'm right I have a feeling Bell's contract holdout likely exacerbated these feeling in Brown as well. The "Uncle Tom" comment is the smoking gun to me.
Or maybe he's just an immature idiot who never had any guidance or support.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Calling a reporter a racist because he gave a speculative report about a potential injury?

I wouldn’t call that racism I would call it classic weak Pittsburgh Journalism.

AB has lost his damn mind

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
ARTII also thinks the rumors of the team being a circus are "nonsense" and they were only a half game out of winning the divison.

330f.gif

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Kind of worrisome Rooney doesn’t seem to understand how far the Steelers have fallen from the once proud org they were under his father... but given the fact he’s the one who allowed Tomlin to drive the org off the cliff and kept enabling everything, I guess none of this should be shocking. It’s more sad than anything I guess.

You can’t fix a problem when you live in denial about what’s going on.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
They have multiple Pro Bowlers because the Steelers fans voted them in. Decastro is the one OL who is actually a very good player, the rest are beneficiaries of coaching.
I don’t agree with that at all. I understand the voting for the Pro Bowl is probably flawed, but they have a really solid OL. Villanueva, Pouncey, Decastro are all really good. I won’t include Foster because I don’t think he returns. Gilbert is actually good when he’s available, but Feiler was no slouch when filling in for him. Long story short, OL is about the least of my worries heading into next season.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
@ChrisMuellerPGH
In the three seasons immediately prior to Ben, the Steelers won the division twice, and made it to the AFC Championship Game one of those seasons. And their special teams cost them a trip to the Super Bowl that year.

...so are we just going to ignore what happened with the Steelers the few seasons after they drafted Ben? You know - actually winning not just 1 (which Neil O'Donnell/Kordell/Tomczak/Brister/ETC. failed to do with also great defenses), but 2 Super Bowls?

Look - Mark Madden's love for Ben is a bit too intense, and a lot of his opinions on the Steelers suck (though he was right about Bell/AB, not that it was too hard to project with the way those guys are). But the hate some of the other local media clowns have for him is even worse.

Paul Zeise chimed in too. He's a stuttering buffoon.

Reactions: vodeni and KIRK

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
You know, come to think of it, the only QB's that are really getting most of the love from the media and fans the most these days are the young bucks. Baker Mayfield. Patrick Mahomes. Because they don't have the mileage, haven't been through the trials & tribulations.

What most media/fans have been saying about the notable QB's of the past decade-ish:

Eli: done.
Flacco: see Eli above.
Rivers: chokes in the playoffs.
Ryan: see Rivers above.
Peyton: long called a playoff choker, surprisingly he wasn't at his best in both of his SB wins
Ben: drama queen, throws people under the bus and throws too many INT's.
Rodgers: also chokes in the playoffs as of late, basically ran his coach out of town.
Brady: Went 0-2 in SB's for nearly a decade til baffling coaching mistakes/chokes by the Seahawks/Falcons re-invigorated his legacy as GOAT. "Hasn't been the same" this year, but if he wins this weekend the love for him will be back.
Brees: Eh, a lot of people seem to still hold him in high regard, especially if he wins this weekend and gets another ring.

I'm missing some too. But I get it's the nature of the position.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I truly think AB is trying to tank his value as one last F U to the team

Welp he keeps sinking his value then I send his ass to the worst team possible with a struggling offense and No QB. For whatever they give us.

Either way at this point, with how he is acting and his desired fantasy to go to San Fran.

Once they call I say 2nd overall pick or dont call back.

I'd be damned if I give him what he wants.

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
I honestly believe if we can somehow sure up the defense, get some quality inside LB's, replace or keep A.B, get a good 3rd WR, improve special teams, and STOP being so PASS HAPPY, we could be really good, oh and get another 1/2 RB, ok Steelers still have a ton of holes

Reactions: SouthGeorge

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
You know, come to think of it, the only QB's that are really getting most of the love from the media and fans the most these days are the young bucks. Baker Mayfield. Patrick Mahomes. Because they don't have the mileage, haven't been through the trials & tribulations.

What most media/fans have been saying about the notable QB's of the past decade-ish:

Eli: done.
Flacco: see Eli above.
Rivers: chokes in the playoffs.
Ryan: see Rivers above.
Peyton: long called a playoff choker, surprisingly he wasn't at his best in both of his SB wins
Ben: drama queen, throws people under the bus and throws too many INT's.
Rodgers: also chokes in the playoffs as of late, basically ran his coach out of town.
Brady: Went 0-2 in SB's for nearly a decade til baffling coaching mistakes/chokes by the Seahawks/Falcons re-invigorated his legacy as GOAT. "Hasn't been the same" this year, but if he wins this weekend the love for him will be back.
Brees: Eh, a lot of people seem to still hold him in high regard, especially if he wins this weekend and gets another ring.

I'm missing some too. But I get it's the nature of the position.
kind of sounds just about right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad