The Pittsburgher Thread: Want Negativity? Stop and say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
You know, I was kind of on the “replace Tomlin with Munchak” bandwagon as a knee jerk thing right when the season ended, but taking a step back... what gives anyone the idea that he’d be any better as a HC than Tomlin? He wasn’t anything special in Tennessee. His bread and butter is being an OL coach. Obviously he’s a really good one, but if the line suddenly goes to shit without him, then maybe they just weren’t good enough to begin with. I really don’t fault either him nor the organization for this, nor do I think it’ll really have a noticeable impact.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
You know, I was kind of on the “replace Tomlin with Munchak” bandwagon as a knee jerk thing right when the season ended, but taking a step back... what gives anyone the idea that he’d be any better as a HC than Tomlin? He wasn’t anything special in Tennessee. His bread and butter is being an OL coach. Obviously he’s a really good one, but if the line suddenly goes to **** without him, then maybe they just weren’t good enough to begin with. I really don’t fault either him nor the organization for this, nor do I think it’ll really have a noticeable impact.

Some coaches are wiser the 2nd time around. See: Sullivan, Mike

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
You know, I was kind of on the “replace Tomlin with Munchak” bandwagon as a knee jerk thing right when the season ended, but taking a step back... what gives anyone the idea that he’d be any better as a HC than Tomlin? He wasn’t anything special in Tennessee. His bread and butter is being an OL coach. Obviously he’s a really good one, but if the line suddenly goes to **** without him, then maybe they just weren’t good enough to begin with. I really don’t fault either him nor the organization for this, nor do I think it’ll really have a noticeable impact.

Tomlin was nothing special before the Steelers hired him. He's hit his shelf-life here in Pittsburgh, but unfortunately the Rooneys still run the team like it's the 70's.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Tomlin was nothing special before the Steelers hired him. He's hit his shelf-life here in Pittsburgh, but unfortunately the Rooneys still run the team like it's the 70's.
Ok. I’m not really arguing otherwise. My point is that the sky is not falling since Munchak left for Denver. I agree that Tomlin probably should’ve been replaced. I’m not sure that Munchak would’ve been leaps and bounds better than Tomlin. That’s all I’m saying.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Ok. I’m not really arguing otherwise. My point is that the sky is not falling since Munchak left for Denver. I agree that Tomlin probably should’ve been replaced. I’m not sure that Munchak would’ve been leaps and bounds better than Tomlin. That’s all I’m saying.
But I disagree, I think losing Munchak is a bigger deal than losing either AB or Bell.
Having the best O-line in football was a major reason Bell, Conner, and Ben have been able to have so much success. Not to mention Ben has been taking a fraction of sacks that he's used to.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
But I disagree, I think losing Munchak is a bigger deal than losing either AB or Bell.
Having the best O-line in football was a major reason Bell, Conner, and Ben have been able to have so much success. Not to mention Ben has been taking a fraction of sacks that he's used to.
I’ve heard this a lot and just do not understand it at all. They didn’t lose their entire offensive line. They lost the coach. They still have 3-4 Pro Bowlers on the line. Those guys aren’t going to forget how to block. It’s probably likely that they don’t really change any of their blocking schemes since they just promoted from within. I think people are really making a mountain out of a mole hill with this move.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yea, losing Muchak definitely sucks, but it is being blown way out of portion. I don’t think our OL will suddenly forget how to play because he moved on.

The Steelers are a joke, no doubt. Keeping Butler, Tomlin and Danny Smith are way much bigger problems than losing munchak.

Tomlin is an idiot and shouldn’t be a head coach but the #1 cuplrit here is Art Rooney. This guy is an embarrassment. He’s let this entire organization become the laughing stock of the league. He’s run this team into the ground.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I’ve heard this a lot and just do not understand it at all. They didn’t lose their entire offensive line. They lost the coach. They still have 3-4 Pro Bowlers on the line. Those guys aren’t going to forget how to block. It’s probably likely that they don’t really change any of their blocking schemes since they just promoted from within. I think people are really making a mountain out of a mole hill with this move.
Villanueva, Foster, Hubbard, Feiler, Finney were undrafted free agents. Beachum was a 7th round pick. Munchak turned them into legit starting caliber players. Linemen come and go, but anyone who can consistently turn undrafted players into legit starters is worth his weight in gold.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
When was the last time Tomlin beat a more talented team in the playoffs?
Never?

Maybe you can argue the Cardinals in Superbowl 43, but then again, like every Tomlin team since, they almost blew a hefty lead in the 4th quarter (and that's when we actually had a good defense).

Then the following season after barely winning the Superbowl (thanks to Ben and Holmes) they go 9-7, with 5 of those losses being blown leads.

And then Tomlin lost to Tebow.

So. Tomlin has been who he has been all along. This shouldn't shock anyone. He is the problem. Always has been.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I just realized that Munch going to Denver could be very telling. They were rumored to want AB, although I don't think they were serious. If they still want him after Munch gives them the inside scoop then we will know it wasn't ABs fault.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
sU4Pywz.jpg

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
When was the last time Tomlin beat a more talented team in the playoffs?

Never. And that's not being an asshole of blinded by hate. He has never done it. If anything, he has went the other direction and been beaten by teams in the playoffs that shouldn't have beat us.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
It will be an interesting lead up to the combine, but right now I think Devin White is a guy we trade up for. We need a MLB so bad, and he fits the bill of being the center of our defense for the next 10 years.

Reactions: USMC607

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
It will be an interesting lead up to the combine, but right now I think Devin White is a guy we trade up for. We need a MLB so bad, and he fits the bill of being the center of our defense for the next 10 years.

God I hope.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Steelers and trade up in the first round? Lol...happens once in a blue moon only...the stars have to be aligned just right...get out the astrological charts on draft day and see if Taurus is in the eighth house of Saturn, will only happen then...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Just heard on the radio Brown had his own off campus place for training camp and didn’t have to stay in the dorms like the other guys....

Unreal how they enabled this guy.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
What station?

The Fan had on Easy Ed and he mentioned it, then went on to say it was part of the enabling the org had done with him... then spoke of how Rooney called the live stream Brown did of Tomlin and other issues “little annoyances”, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad