The Pittsburgher Thread: Want Negativity? Stop and say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
On the one sports show Sunday night, Ron Cook said Munchak’s daughter lives in Denver and just had a baby recently, and his wife was pretty much there all the time also. Munchak said he was traveling there as much as he could between games. So Cook wouldn’t be surprised if he left for there, even for a lateral move. Well....
This makes sense.

This team is in such a bad place right now. It’s crazy.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Yeah I'm pretty sure Munchak is leaving mostly because his daughter and granddaughter live in the Denver area. May not be entirely up to him either. His wife may want more time with the daughter and granddaughter. It's not always about football. These guys have family lives that we never see that factor into this stuff.

It does suck to lose our only real elite coach on the staff though. He's done wonders for our O-Line. It's one of those things where you almost don't even worry when there's an O-Line injury because you know he'll have a replacement coached up and ready to go.

Hopefully our talent on the O-Line attracts a good O-Line coach. It is a good situation.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
If he was line coach for New England does anyone really think that he would be leaving?

Maybe. But that it was from this clown show made it a really easy decision.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

BlackAndGold87

Jul 13, 2017
Shaun Sarrett is a good coach, he has been Munchak's assistants since he got to Pittsburgh(Sarrett has been here since 2011) and has spent just as much time with the o-line. I'm not worried.

But still sucks that Munchak left since he is in fact the best 0-line coach in the NFL. He left for his family and yes he'd likely go to Denver no matter who he coached for.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Shaun Sarrett is a good coach, he has been Munchak's assistants since he got to Pittsburgh(Sarrett has been here since 2011) and has spent just as much time with the o-line. I'm not worried.

But still sucks that Munchak left since he is in fact the best 0-line coach in the NFL. He left for his family and yes he'd likely go to Denver no matter who he coached for.

I actually met Shaun last week. He said he was excited that he got to stay when Mike didn't get the HC job in Denver. He thought he was headed to Denver with him. Presumably as line coach?

BlackAndGold87

Jul 13, 2017
I actually met Shaun last week. He said he was excited that he got to stay when Mike didn't get the HC job in Denver. He thought he was headed to Denver with him. Presumably as line coach?

Yes that would have been likely(Sarrett didn't have to go but would've been asked I'm sure), I'm glad it did not happen.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West

Those are a lot of very emphatic statements without any sources or statistics to back them up. I'm not buying it. You know why? Because you can't know if the new guy is a good offensive line coach. He's never been one.

When it comes to assistants, I want a guy who has done it successfully at the NFL level before.

BlackAndGold87

Jul 13, 2017
Those are a lot of very emphatic statements without any sources or statistics to back them up. I'm not buying it. You know why? Because you can't know if the new guy is a good offensive line coach. He's never been one.

When it comes to assistants, I want a guy who has done it successfully at the NFL level before.

During practice's Munchak and Sarrett would take two separate groups of offensive linemen to coach.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
Good.

Who in the hell would want to be around this franchise right now?

I can't wait until we trade AB for one 2nd round pick and then use it on a CB who busts out.
That's absolutely what will happen. There'll be a guy available that everyone will clamor for, they'll pass on him and choose a consensus 5th round talent, the next team in line chooses the guy everyone wanted, then we'll hear from that f***ing yinzer Kevin Colbert about how excited they are for Joe Schmo and how he can be a good special teams guy next year. So predictable.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I will say, in the late 2000's to early 2010's, this board was on point with NFL draft picks. A lot of guys I remember many of us clamoring for have had really long, successful careers. Some very unsung.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
he can want to play there all he wants, the Steelers determine his fate.

i would want the 49ers 1st round pick this year, which we all know ain't happening.

I feel the same way.

With how petty he is acting, there is no way I give him what he wants.

So if San Fran calls Id say 2nd overall or tell them to not call again.

With all the other teams interested you'll get similar value to whatever else they offer that isnt 2nd overall.

I'd be damned if I give AB what he wants for anything less than an overpayment from San Fran.

Reactions: domaug

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
So let me get this straight, so far this off season they have let go/lost the coaches of the two areas (offensive line and running back) that actually have been really good but Danny Smith, Keith Butler, and Mike Tomlin are still here? What?

Kinda redefines the standard is the standard through the Looking Glass.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Artie Rooney looks worse and worse every single day.

The Steelers haven’t even fired anyone so far; they’ve simply not signed coaches to extensions. Really????

Our team is in shambles when it’s devastating that the offensive line coach left. The fact that he was our best coach just highlights Artie/Colbert aren’t fit to run this team.

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
So let me get this straight, so far this off season they have let go/lost the coaches of the two areas (offensive line and running back) that actually have been really good but Danny Smith, Keith Butler, and Mike Tomlin are still here? What?
upload_2019-1-14_22-50-47.jpeg

Reactions: mynameisnick4

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

You're pretty much up to speed.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I hate Nutting, and really baseball in general, but I honestly like him better than Artie Rooney over the last 2 years.

Last edited:

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Losing Munchak is a bigger loss than losing AB or Bell, IMO.

His replacement has been his assistant since 2012, hopefully he learned a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad