The Pittsburgher Thread: Want Negativity? Stop and say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
BB and Brady will likely have something up their sleeves for Andy and Mahomes. A new wrinkle that will knock them off their game and look pedestrian.

I hope that KC gives them a proper add whoopin but I’m not holding my breath. That team always finds ways to win while the Steelers find new ways to lose...
Mahones is no joke. Brady will not make the soup or bowl this year. Chefs Rams.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Interesting note, winning teams averaged 30.5 pts this weekend, but... TD passes/yards for the 4 winning QB's this week:

Mahomes: 0/278
Goff: 0/186
Brady: 1/343 (a good majority of which were check downs/dump offs, classic Brady. J. White caught nearly half of Brady's completions and finished just shy of 100 yards receiving)
Brees: 2/301

But... rushing TD's/yd's

Chiefs: 4/180
Rams: 3/276
Pats: 4/155
Saints: 0/137

Maybe this doesn't mean much and it'll just be shootouts between the QB's next weekend. But it really helps to have a running game working (in addition to a HOF QB of course - particularly for the Pats/Saints).

In order to beat the Patriots, it would best serve the Chiefs well to have success on the ground like the Steelers did against them, as I'm a bit nervous about that team being lead by Reid/an inexperienced QB who had turnover issues at times this year. But the Pats didn't have to deal with Justin Houston the first time who was a force for KC defensively this past weekend.

I just have this awful feeling it'll still be New England winning the AFC, and our only remaining hope (albeit a seemingly good one) to beat them will be the Saints.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Interesting note, winning teams averaged 30.5 pts this weekend, but... TD passes/yards for the 4 winning QB's this week:

Mahomes: 0/278
Goff: 0/186
Brady: 1/343 (a good majority of which were check downs/dump offs, classic Brady. J. White caught nearly half of Brady's completions and finished just shy of 100 yards receiving)
Brees: 2/301

But... rushing TD's/yd's

Chiefs: 4/180
Rams: 3/276
Pats: 4/155
Saints: 0/137

Maybe this doesn't mean much and it'll just be shootouts between the QB's next weekend. But it really helps to have a running game working (in addition to a HOF QB of course - particularly for the Pats/Saints).

In order to beat the Patriots, it would best serve the Chiefs well to have success on the ground like the Steelers did against them, as I'm a bit nervous about that team being lead by Reid/an inexperienced QB who had turnover issues at times this year. But the Pats didn't have to deal with Justin Houston the first time who was a force for KC defensively this past weekend.

I just have this awful feeling it'll still be New England winning the AFC, and our only remaining hope (albeit a seemingly good one) to beat them will be the Saints.

Cowboys were supposed to run the ball down rams’ throats and stuff the Rams’ running game. Complete opposite happened. Thank God Dallas lost.

I’m going Rams and Pats. Rams were screwed by a horrible call in NO when they played earlier and could definitely finish the job this time. I’d like to think that Andy Reid can finally win a big game, and maybe Mahomes and their D are playing well enough to overcome him.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Hate to say it but the way NE looked yesterday nobody is beating them. The crazy part is after we beat them late this season I truly thought the end of the Dynasty was upon us. Wrong

you realize they played the Chargers....the very definition of playoff underachievement...

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Anyone else see the passive aggressive comment that Brown made this morning.

Kinda felt like he was threatening to air dirty laundry of some kind about the organization or certain individual(s)

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

Kinda felt like he was threatening to air dirty laundry of some kind about the organization or certain individual(s)
The entire organization is currently a gigantic dirty laundry basket in the closet of some freshman's dorm.

Throw more on the pile, not like it'll make things any worse.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I suspect if he wants to let things out of the bag about others in the org, his full bag will suddenly be dumped all over the floor as well. So given how he got all bent out of shape about a reporter revealing he’s not the swell guy he’s trying to portray himself as, I doubt it’s a can of worms he wants to open.

He seems to forget he’s the one that makes this shit get out in the open with his over the top, childish behavior. But again, AB is never wrong, it’s the world’s fault.

... and Roth, the big meanie.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Jerry Rice told @957thegame that Antonio Brown wants to play for San Francisco “Really Bad” Brown just recently FaceTimed Rice and posted a picture on Instagram.
Dw5Koo8XcAEqAMR.jpg

That's cute.

(Sorry if this picture is too big - not sure how to reduce size)

Reactions: domaug

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
he can want to play there all he wants, the Steelers determine his fate.

i would want the 49ers 1st round pick this year, which we all know ain't happening.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Jimmy G has played like 8 games in his career.

Good luck with that AB. Big IF we trade him there.

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
I unfollowed him on Twitter last night. I couldn't take his tweets anymore, not to mention all the thirsty fans/players telling him to come to their team, like he has any say. (I mean, the Steelers would be stupid to give him any say.) And all these team execs who think they can "change" him make me laugh.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I unfollowed him on Twitter last night. I couldn't take his tweets anymore, not to mention all the thirsty fans/players telling him to come to their team, like he has any say. (I mean, the Steelers would be stupid to give him any say.) And all these team execs who think they can "change" him make me laugh.
I did the same, actually, also couldn't stand seeing all his/his fanboys' BS on my feed.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Of all the failures of this season, not having signed Munchak to a long term deal was the most egregious failure.

Unforgivable mismanagement and stupidity.

There are 2 names on the Steelers and Penguins that upon hearing them, makes my blood boil with irrational rage:

Mike Tomlin

Jack Johnson

Like I cannot literally believe either are still employed

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
On the one sports show Sunday night, Ron Cook said Munchak’s daughter lives in Denver and just had a baby recently, and his wife was pretty much there all the time also. Munchak said he was traveling there as much as he could between games. So Cook wouldn’t be surprised if he left for there, even for a lateral move. Well....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad