GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Tomlin takes 1 quarter to embarrass us

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
If James Conner wasn’t from Pittsburgh and didn’t overcome cancer so courageously, he would be criticized as much as anyone. He’s a great guy, but he isn’t a #1 RB. I don’t think there’s one person on this site agreed with me as I’ve been saying this for a year.

But but but he made the pro bowl!

Samuels is much more explosive in our vanilla offense. I’m not even a huge Samuels fan but at least he can make things happen. Can we please try to involve Nix more often?

Even if he wasnt injured I'd say no. He is a waste of a position. Becsuse they never use him. Even tho he is one of the best FBs in the league.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Conner is an average back behind a top 5 O line.

Rudolph and Tuitt, Watt were great.

San Fran I am scared, Garappolo will probably tear the dbs apart.

Wasted year when you think Bell was attainable but it won't matter because they won't make the playoffs again.

2 years in a row Toin should be gone. Guys a rookie coach.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Samuels looks better with his touches than Conner has. I like JC, I think he is an NFL player. I do not think he is a starting RB in the NFL.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Conner is an average back behind a top 5 O line.

Rudolph and Tuitt, Watt were great.

San Fran I am scared, Garappolo will probably tear the dbs apart.

Wasted year when you think Bell was attainable but it won't matter because they won't make the playoffs again.

2 years in a row Toin should be gone. Guys a rookie coach.
The Steelers will need to win 5 or less games this season for them to fire Tomlin because of the Rooney rule.

You can see it now next week:

But they had to travel to the west coast! They are out of their routine!

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
If they start out 0-4 and we don’t hear any sort of dissatisfaction from upstairs we’ll know we have a lame duck owner

Last edited:

turd

Feb 1, 2013
I wouldn’t be shocked if Ben needs Tommy John surgery and we don’t see him again. Would be a huge bummer, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that happens.

Reactions: KIRK

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
But maybe BR realizes he needs to retire and fades off into the sunset and if Rudolph can handle his own then fine, ride it out. Tomlin needs to go but it won't happen.

Ben isn’t walking away from his money, that’s why I have been saying Rudolph won’t be the starter until his deal is up.

Reactions: JTG

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
The Steelers will need to win 5 or less games this season for them to fire Tomlin because of the Rooney rule.

You can see it now next week:

But they had to travel to the west coast! They are out of their routine!

Red Sox fire their GM less then a year after winning the World Series.

Tomlin sucks oh well let him play it out forever.

Moncrief and Switzer are CFL players but hey let's keep playing them.

SAD ownership.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Ben isn’t walking away from his money, that’s why I have been saying Rudolph won’t be the starter until his deal is up.

Yeah, because Ben hasn't already made 9 figures over the course of his career.

If Ben keeps playing it will be due to the fact his pride gets in the way of being smart about his long term health.

My entire family hails from Pittsburgh. Nobody needs to dig that hard to find out how much dirt there was on Ben over the bulk of his first 6-7 years with the team. He's twice been accused of rape. Settled at least once I believe. He had a atrocious rep around town, among business owners. Had the bike thing where he didn't have a license and nearly died.

HOF QB but it's pretty obvious he's a less than stellar human being.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

If Ben keeps playing it will be due to the fact his pride gets in the way of being smart about his long term health.

My entire family hails from Pittsburgh. Nobody needs to dig that hard to find out how much dirt there was on Ben over the bulk of his first 6-7 years with the team. He's twice been accused of rape. Settled at least once I believe. He had a atrocious rep around town, among business owners. Had the bike thing where he didn't have a license and nearly died.

I absolutely think money is still a factor for him. He plans on playing that contract out.

There were rumors that Ben was a gigantic douche in college, so when he came into Pittsburgh and immediately had success, that just set his ego off to the races. Ben is so political and fake it is as if he doesn't even try to hide it. He says the "right" things, but it's always canned. After 15 years, this town still has absolutely no idea who the real Ben Roethlisberger is. He hasn't endeared himself to this city whatsoever, unlike a guy like JuJu, for instance. JuJu has been so heavily involved, much of it by his own volition. JuJu has the personality you'd want a franchise QB to have.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

He’s not willingly walking away from that money. That I’m 110% sure.

It’s going to take some kind of injury like I said before. Dude will not leave 80m on the table if his body is able to still play.

Ben has been a known D-bag for years, not sure what that has to do with his willingness to walk away from the game. In fact, you are just offering more proof his ego won’t let him quit unless he has to.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm like 60% sure Ben is going to require TJS for that. He grabbed at the exact location pitchers do when they blow out their UCLs. Maybe the Steelers get lucky and it's only a UCL sprain, but I imagine that he's done until at least week 6 or 7. That basically puts a dagger in their season, even with Rudolph looking promising.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I'm like 60% sure Ben is going to require TJS for that. He grabbed at the exact location pitchers do when they blow out their UCLs. Maybe the Steelers get lucky and it's only a UCL sprain, but I imagine that he's done until at least week 6 or 7. That basically puts a dagger in their season, even with Rudolph looking promising.
The dagger was put in their season after Colbert replaced Bell and Brown with Conner and Montcrief

Reactions: Son Goku

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Surgery is very rare for a qb, and if it was damaged enough that surgery was required, he’d be out the year ...if it’s a UCL sprain, he’ll heal it up without surgery and be out about a month...

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
My question becomes this - say Ben is out for 5-7 weeks and Rudolph really looks good. Knowing Ben plans on sticking around for a couple more years, if a team backs up the Brinks truck for Rudolph, would you take it? I could see both sides - bolstering the lineup around Ben would give us the best chance to win now. Keeping Rudolph and building around him for the future is the safer thing to do.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
My question becomes this - say Ben is out for 5-7 weeks and Rudolph really looks good. Knowing Ben plans on sticking around for a couple more years, if a team backs up the Brinks truck for Rudolph, would you take it? I could see both sides - bolstering the lineup around Ben would give us the best chance to win now. Keeping Rudolph and building around him for the future is the safer thing to do.

If he’s out half the season with a bum elbow, that’s a really bad sign. Older QBs with injuries like that, don’t usually recover well from it.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I think you have to think the window is closed and we’re in an awkward end-stage of the relationship where both know it’s over but they remember the good times and don’t want to move on quite yet.

Reactions: Pens x

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
He’s not willingly walking away from that money. That I’m 110% sure.

It’s going to take some kind of injury like I said before. Dude will not leave 80m on the table if his body is able to still play.

Ben has been a known D-bag for years, not sure what that has to do with his willingness to walk away from the game. In fact, you are just offering more proof his ego won’t let him quit unless he has to.

If his elbow has a tear, it won't be his decision.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It was delusional for fans to think this team would be better or even the same after replacing Bell and Brown with trash. Plus, all of the same incompetent coaches are still here and Ben the diva is throwing like a t-Rex.

I think the toxic twins were 50% to blame.

Art II needs to step aside as well. There are just too many problems with this organization.

I was ridiculed all off season for saying this team would struggle. What are the new excuses for the team for 2019 without Brown here?

Easy...

Brown.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I'm just wondering what the Rooneys did. Besides the huge miscalculation of letting Krafts bff be the commissioner.

You'd think the league would want the Steelers to be good with all the malcontents abusing the cba. Yet, the refs are going out their way to screw them. Let one of them dictate his own terms and join the best team in the league.

This league has become a joke.

Reactions: John Titor

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'm just wondering what the Rooneys did. Besides the huge miscalculation of letting Krafts bff be the commissioner.

You'd think the league would want the Steelers to be good with all the malcontents abusing the cba. Yet, the refs are going out their way to screw them. Let one of them dictate his own terms and join the best team in the league.

Steelers woes are on them for keeping their biggest cancer around.

They cut out two of them, but like I said over and over in Jan and beyond, cutting out smaller cancers won’t save you if you don’t get the terminal one.

Nothing that’s done will fix this until he’s gone... draft some guy like a Metcalf you think would make a difference... please... others pining for Bell and Brown... please... they won only a couple playoff games with them...

You can’t overcome shitty coaching in this league. I’ll repeat that over and over again until the fraud is finally gone... like ten years from now.

Reactions: Pens x

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

It really does seem that their has been a target on their back for at least 5 years. That Chargers game last year, that Pats call with James, today's PI was a joke.

Al Riveron has an agenda, Pats help, Steelers hurt. It really is that simple. It's probably a well thought out plan that Rooney is on board with to help the value of the franchise. Only thing I can come up with.

Reactions: SouthGeorge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad