Just a little point comparisons after 2 weeks:

Steelers Points For 29 Points Against 61 Differential -32
Patriots Points For 76 Points Against 3 Differential +73
Dolphins Points For 10 Points Against 102 Differential -92
Raiders Points For 34 Points Against 44 Differential -10

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
We just aren't good this year. We don't have the talent and we don't have playmakers on offense anymore. Our defense is young, and learning... but it will take a few seasons and a few more pieces to get there. Even if we had good coaching (which we don't) and "could tackle" (by that I think people mean fundamentals)... it still wouldn't be enough. We lack those game breakers. And I type this as Julio Jones just pulled Atlanta out from a loss, taking back the lead. That's what we don't have.

49ers are blowing teams out. Loss.

Tomlin will down play to the Bungles , but will probably still Bungle. Win.

Ravens are really good. Loss.

Chargers are still good. Loss.

We'll be facing a winless Dolphins team and Tomlin will down play, probably take a vacation that week, go fishing with the kids.... Loss.

Colts we may be able to squeak by after everyone is humiliated after the Dolphins loss. Win.

Rams will destroy us. Loss

Browns will clown us, will play like it's their superbowl. Loss.

Bungles will get revenge. Loss.

Browns will Tomlin against us harder than Tomlin Tomlin'ed against the Dolphins. Win.

Cards, Bills, and Jets are 50/50. All the teams involved are playing for nothing. Let's be optimistic and say 2 wins there.

Ravens will be resting guys in preparation for the playoffs. Win.

6-10 this season at best. 4-12 if Ben and Conner are out longer term.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I don’t think there’s a conspiracy against the team to keep them down. Every team has bad calls go against them. Saints fans are probably wanting to cast every ref out to sea at this point

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
It really does seem that their has been a target on their back for at least 5 years. That Chargers game last year, that Pats call with James, today's PI was a joke.

Al Riveron has an agenda, Pats help, Steelers hurt. It really is that simple. It's probably a well thought out plan that Rooney is on board with to help the value of the franchise. Only thing I can come up with.

I wouldn't say 1 missed false start call (even as obvious as it was) was the problem in that Chargers game... they blew a 23-7 lead... and had linebackers covering Keenan Allen all night.... that was a much bigger issue then 1 bad call

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
It’s pretty clear to me that the newest craze around Steeler nation is to **** on Ben. Hell, maybe Tomlin is orchestrating it to take the heat off of him.

Receivers can’t get open, pocket is collapsing way too much, running game is nonexistent, play calling is garbage, defense is Swiss cheese, but yeah, it’s all Ben’s fault. Just get rid of him and this team will be a contender...

All of this Ben bashing IS taking the focus off of the coaching staff and their dumb****ery.

I saw Ben putting an earpiece in on the sidelines after halftime. He couldn’t have possibly been in on conversations with Rudolph, could he???

Until this team figures some **** out, it won’t matter if some combination of Montana, Brady, Manning, and Favre was under center, they aren’t going to have success.

Pretty sure that BR is the one "orchestrating" it with his garbage play. He couldn't even complete a pass in the first quarter yesterday and his QBR is 30th in the NFL this season. And now the backup is significantly outplaying him in every aspect. Feel free to spin it however you want.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Yeah Ben's going to be out a while. If they're trying to determine if he needs surgery, that means he ****ed up his elbow badly.

Probably why he was salty and didn’t talk to the media yesterday.

Not sure how to feel about this. I wasn’t expecting a great season anyway, 8-8, 9-7... so not the end of the world if he misses time.

I am interested in seeing if Rudolph is the real deal, but with this coaching staff they may kill his confidence.

This also gives Tomlin a ready made excuse for losing, so I can’t even enjoy the losses now like I anticipated all off season (Ie seeing Tomlin exposed).

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Either Mason turns this around for us or we miss playoffs but he gains valuable experience and we trade Ben. Getting another high pick for next year's class.

I want to double down on ILB. Paddy Fisher from Northwestern is a LVE clone. Him with Bush would do wonders. OLBs like Isaiah Simmons(Clemson), Anfernee Jennings/Terrell Lewis/Dylan Moses from Alabama. Would take any of the 3.

If we finish really high in draft now we are looking at top safety Grant Delpit LSU. TE Albert Okweugunban Mizz. And so on.

If the year is lost before deadline...Colbert better trade some players and get more picks

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Either Mason turns this around for us or we miss playoffs but he gains valuable experience and we trade Ben. Getting another high pick for next year's class.

I want to double down on ILB. Paddy Fisher from Northwestern is a LVE clone. Him with Bush would do wonders. OLBs like Isaiah Simmons(Clemson), Anfernee Jennings/Terrell Lewis/Dylan Moses from Alabama. Would take any of the 3.

If we finish really high in draft now we are looking at top safety Grant Delpit LSU. TE Albert Okweugunban Mizz. And so on.

If the year is lost before deadline...Colbert better trade some players and get more picks
Doesn’t Big Ben make $35 million? What team would even want him after his play thus far? Do you really think the Rooney’s will trade away Big Ben? What team would honestly want a 37 year old injured player with a monster contract? We are stuck with him, unfortunately.

It’s just so frustrating that this team has f***ed up for the past 9 years over and over. Any casual fan can see this glaring issues but the team does nothing about it. It’s getting harder and harder to care about this team.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

If Mason Rudolph just gains experience and they miss the playoffs with him starting there is absolutely zero chance that they trade Ben.... honestly even if Rudolph leads them to the playoffs I am still pretty sure they won't look at trading Ben

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Probably why he was salty and didn’t talk to the media yesterday.

Not sure how to feel about this. I wasn’t expecting a great season anyway, 8-8, 9-7... so not the end of the world if he misses time.

I am interested in seeing if Rudolph is the real deal, but with this coaching staff they may kill his confidence.

This also gives Tomlin a ready made excuse for losing, so I can’t even enjoy the losses now like I anticipated all off season (Ie seeing Tomlin exposed).

Good news is I don't see him as that type. Even if our record is 6-10 or whatever his confidence will be fine. He was pumped being the starter yesterday...those 2 TDs showing it. Hes only going to get better. That year of him not even dressing really helped.

Now i want to see him for a whole game. Where our Defense holds other teams to 7 points the first half but we don't score more than 10(this week) and 3 last week. Way too much pressure on our D to keep going out there and making stops to keep us in it. Youll see a huge diff when playing with the lead. Kind of hard to make plays when down

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017
I don’t think there’s a conspiracy against the team to keep them down. Every team has bad calls go against them. Saints fans are probably wanting to cast every ref out to sea at this point
Agreed with this. Im pretty sure every teams fan base, even the patriots, think the refs are against them.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
moving on from Ben will be easier if you are moving on from Colbert and Tomlin too. What accountants call the big bath

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I’ve known some stuff about him for years, nothing nefarious, which is why I always say I know he isn’t a great guy or anything.

However, I’m not throwing him under the bus. A local sideline photographer tweeted yesterday how appalled he was with so many fans cheering BR being hurt and out of the game.

I’m just not that kind of fan. I’d love for Rudolph to be the truth and a swell guy and start a successful new era of Steelers football with him... but it could easily go the other way... it’s actually way more possible with this coaching staff handling a young QB it could end up being a nightmare than a big success story like Favre to Rodgers.

Yeah, cheering for Ben to get hurt isn't okay, but I think everyone knows Ben isn't a good person and I can't feel that much empathy for a bad thing happening to a scummy person. There are obviously big risks with Rudolph, but I feel like Ben's career is shot if he needs to get TJS. At that point, you can't justify going back to Ben and that's why I think he'd retire if he requires elbow surgery. For someone at his age and considering the decline he has already shown, I don't think he'd try to come back.

I'm pretty indifferent on which I'd prefer going forward, because I don't think it will make much of a difference. Ben's the starter unless he retires.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Rudolph being the QB isn't going to matter much when the defense spots the other team around 30 points every game, and can't get off the field in important situations.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Not really wanting to talk draft/FA yet but the top priority has to be replacing Dupree. The dude sucks.
The top priority needs to be on the secondary. Our defensive front doesn't mean dick when you cant cover for at least 2 seconds.

I feel like I've been making this argument for years.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Rudolph being the QB isn't going to matter much when the defense spots the other team around 30 points every game, and can't get off the field in important situations.

Well the Steelers in their infinite wisdom decided to can their DC and immediately hire his longtime understudy. You’d figure if the team wasn’t impressed with that defense anymore they’d have looked for someone with new ideas. Makes one wonder if LeBeau was scapegoated or if the people making the hires are dumb. Maybe both?

Reactions: MrBurghundy

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
The top priority needs to be on the secondary. Our defensive front doesn't mean dick when you cant cover for at least 2 seconds.

I feel like I've been making this argument for years.

The most important function of any defense is being able to get penetration/pressure the QB. You could have prime Rod Woodson, Champ Bailey, John Lynch, and Troy Polamalu in your secondary and they’d still give up yards if your front 7 aren’t getting it done.

I think this team has talent in the front 7 with Bud being a huge weak link.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

I think you are giving this league too much credit. There's sinister things going on behind the scenes. You are comparing one call to Jesse James catch, blatant offsides in Chargers game, phantom PI on Haden in Saints game, and now the questionable calls in this last game. We had a great squad and the decline started with weed and Bell and Martavis Bryant. Which btw when they failed their 1st test. Gordon was suspended indefinitely at the time and has failed like 3 drug test since and suited up for the Pats right now. Pedelman was Super Bowl MVP. Players every year fail for PEDs on their team but the 42 anti aging QB? Nah. Kraft is in the middle of a child prostitution ring and not a peep. Chung isn't indicted for pushing coke. It's cool he can play. I won't even get into the AB stuff. But now that I think about it. It's ironic how Bell was caught smoking with Blount. Who then forced his way off the team and ran to the Patriots and won a Super Bowl. I wouldn't be surprised if he was feeding them information. MB smokes test him etc.

This league has lost all integrity and become a complete joke.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I think you’re giving the league too much credit thinking they’re competent enough to carry out a huge conspiracy. The league can’t even train good refs

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
What you don't realize is the refs are doing what they are told. You really think a billion dollar corporation is letting goofs in zebra shirts run their company? I have a bridge to sell you.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah, cheering for Ben to get hurt isn't okay, but I think everyone knows Ben isn't a good person and I can't feel that much empathy for a bad thing happening to a scummy person. There are obviously big risks with Rudolph, but I feel like Ben's career is shot if he needs to get TJS. At that point, you can't justify going back to Ben and that's why I think he'd retire if he requires elbow surgery. For someone at his age and considering the decline he has already shown, I don't think he'd try to come back.

I'm pretty indifferent on which I'd prefer going forward, because I don't think it will make much of a difference. Ben's the starter unless he retires.

People can change though... ie I feel like I was always a pretty good person because of how my moms raised me, but in my teens and early 20s I had a crazy violent temper... I was kind to people, but if someone went after me I would insta-rage. I was a product of the area I grew up in (inner city), and that’s simply how I survived.

My moms tried to get me anger management counseling all throughout my teens, but I wasn’t having it. When I lost it, I had zero control over my emotions and I was like a human wrecking ball with zero impulse control.

One day I put my fist through the windshield of my dad’s car after dropping my dad on his head (he deserved it, but I won’t get into that). That was kind of my wake up moment I needed to change before I killed someone or really hurt myself permanently. With my moms help I finally learned how to control my temper and I’m a completely different person than I was when I was younger.

Now I never did some of the stuff Ben was purported to do, but I know first hand people can change. If he has or hasn’t, I have no idea. I do know that I’m in no position to judge his character though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->