GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Tomlin takes 1 quarter to embarrass us

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Don’t let that get in the way of the Ben bashing!

Cut Ben and start Rudolph and we will pick up number 7 with ease!

I'm only for trading Ben, to a team that has a legit shot at a ship but needs maybe a little better QB play, BECAUSE....

We obviously arent going anywhere soon if these last 2 games are a reflection of the upcoming games.

Trade Ben recoup some picks and Just roll with the young kids, take our lumps get a few high draft picks and maybe blow up the coaching staff (At least the Coordinators)

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It’s that simple, eh?

Look, I like Rudolph and I think he certainly is the future, but all this ball washing over a half of football is laughable. People thinking that inserting the reindeer over Ben will result in a Super Bowl? Lol

Preseason and two quarters of real football have shown us he may have a nice future, but this could be a big case of careful what you wish for.

Fans are fickle and if they threw Bradshaw under the bus, I’m not surprised to see it happen to BR.

I’m on the fence what I want to see happen with BR... him sit a few games and Tomlin get exposed more... maybe Rudolph comes in and plays well, but that just keeps Tomlin around.

If they lose with Rudolph, guess that’s just another excuse for Tomlin though the more I think this over.

Reactions: KIRK

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
You need to read better, he gave a list of things that needed to be done, which if completed I do believe they could compete sooner than later.
Sorry, but the window has closed for this team. Tomlin effecting Bylsma’d them better than Disco Dan could have himself. This team has been “rebuilding/retooling” for 5+ years now and nothing is getting any better.

While I certainly want to see Mikey hit the road, bringing in a whole new coaching staff is going to take time to adjust to and there will be stumbling blocks along the way.

Nope this team rides or dies with aviators and we see where we are...

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
You may be right in regards to Metcalf, I had no opinion, I didn't watch much in college. But Johnson looks good to me and who's better is a question a long way off.

If you really want to break down film on personal decisions, show me some film on Chickillo..............tee fricking hee

Lmao dont worry he is already injured walking around in a boot.

Skipper could do shit all season... I take him over Chickillo 100% of the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Titor

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Meanwhile Moncrief can't catch... I guess keep fighting the good fight instead of admitting you were wrong. He only caught a 30 yard bomb and sealed the game against us but your right this struggling offense couldn't use him and we are better off with DJ and Moncrief with their 12.5 yards a game average.

Dude, I NEVER said I liked Moncrief. EVER. So just stop with that bullshit. Maybe others defended Moncrief but I wasn't one of them.

You're drawing conclusions based on 2 games where Metcalf hasn't done anything that is extraordinary. Take away a TD he nearly f***ing dropped and he was shut down by a guy much smaller (Nelson). The dude does nothing but run in straight lines. It's literally game by game tape. He has no wiggle at all. It's pure stiffness. He's just a big fast guy that is going to catch some balls down the field because of those 2 traits. That's nothing new. But I'll bet my mortgage right now he ain't becoming some all world WR.

Not to mention Metcalf is getting a ton of snaps and more looks so obviously he's got more chances. I've already seen more from a route running and catch ability standpoint from Diontae Johnson than Metcalf. That's been abundantly clear anytime you turn their tape on.

James Washington is the guy that needs a damn chance because he has shown incredible rapport with Rudolph (and ability to get deep) Is it Washington's fault that Ben won't throw his way because he's a jealous douche? Washington hasn't been given a fair shake since day 1 because of exactly that. He's the take the top off the D guy if he'd actually be given snaps.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lol it gets from bad to worse and now he has injury excuses like other Pittsburgh sports coaches that shit the bed and have that excuse.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
You need to read better, he gave a list of things that needed to be done, which if completed I do believe they could compete sooner than later.

Corrrect...nobody said "this year". Since Tomlin/Butler obviously wont be fired this year.

Bingo has a habit of misunderstanding 99% of posts on here tho

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Preseason and two quarters of real football have shown us he may have a nice future, but this could be a big case of careful what you wish for.

Fans are fickle and if they threw Bradshaw under the bus, I’m not surprised to see it happen to BR.

I’m on the fence what I want to see happen with BR... him sit a few games and Tomlin get exposed more... maybe Rudolph comes in and plays well, but that just keeps Tomlin around.

If they lose with Rudolph, guess that’s just another excuse for Tomlin though the more I think this over.
But maybe BR realizes he needs to retire and fades off into the sunset and if Rudolph can handle his own then fine, ride it out. Tomlin needs to go but it won't happen.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
It’s just disappointing. You thought with the distractions, Brown/Bell gone, this team would be fired up to show up and prove something this year.

Now suddenly QB drama, Conner/the run game struggling and he’s already injured yet again, the coaching, and the defense... wow was it bad in the second half. These all remain issues.

I don’t know what to think yet. The team started 1-2-1 last year, rebounded to 7-2-1, then crumbled.

Sucks to say they miss AB too, but they definitely do. Just for his production of course. Also, the Ravens look legit. I know they’ve played crap teams, but they get tested next week and Lamar Jackson looks like he’ll be up to the task. Hell, he almost beat them in Arrowhead last year.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
James Conner hasn’t rushed for more than 65 yards since November 4th, and he has rushed for 54 yards this season.

At what point do you try another option? Samuels should get 40% of the snaps.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It’s just disappointing. You thought with the distractions, Brown/Bell gone, this team would be fired up to show up and prove something this year.

Now suddenly QB drama, Conner/the run game struggling and he’s already injured yet again, the coaching, and the defense... wow was it bad in the second half. These all remain issues.

I don’t know what to think yet. The team started 1-2-1 last year, rebounded to 7-2-1, then crumbled.

Sucks to say they miss AB too, but they definitely do. Just for his production of course. Also, the Ravens look legit. I know they’ve played crap teams, but they get tested next week and Lamar Jackson looks like he’ll be up to the task. Hell, he almost beat them in Arrowhead last year.
It was delusional for fans to think this team would be better or even the same after replacing Bell and Brown with trash. Plus, all of the same incompetent coaches are still here and Ben the diva is throwing like a t-Rex.

I think the toxic twins were 50% to blame.

Art II needs to step aside as well. There are just too many problems with this organization.

I was ridiculed all off season for saying this team would struggle. What are the new excuses for the team for 2019 without Brown here?

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
It was delusional for fans to think this team would be better or even the same after replacing Bell and Brown with trash.
Sadly proving to be true, granted Conner was relatively good last year, he had the fumble issues and injury issues.

But yeah, losing Brown is way worse. Think of how key he was in converting 3rd Downs, him basically winning the Cincy game last year, key play to get them back in the Jacksonville game. Huge part of nearly beating New Orleans.

Still, that said, it’s not like they won anything with those guys. So now I look to the coaching and defense. And... it remains underwhelming.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I don’t think Conner is as bad as he’s looked. I don’t think he’s great or anything but when the offense is so predictable it’s tough for just about any RB to do anything

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I don’t think Conner is as bad as he’s looked. I don’t think he’s great or anything but when the offense is so predictable it’s tough for just about any RB to do anything
If James Conner wasn’t from Pittsburgh and didn’t overcome cancer so courageously, he would be criticized as much as anyone. He’s a great guy, but he isn’t a #1 RB. I don’t think there’s one person on this site agreed with me as I’ve been saying this for a year.

But but but he made the pro bowl!

Samuels is much more explosive in our vanilla offense. I’m not even a huge Samuels fan but at least he can make things happen. Can we please try to involve Nix more often?

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Moncrief 3 catches for 7 yards. 5 drops and an int that's all on him. In the first 2 games. How is this guy the supposed #2.

How could a player be any worse, I knew losing AB was going to hurt but holy s*** is this guy the worst wr to ever play.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Honestly i think losing Munchak was the biggest lost of all. Not Bell/Brown.

Our OLine went from getting production out of no name UDFAs to starters now regressing. Even Chuks, who started 3 games as a rookie...cant get a jersey on game day.

That does not bode well for the future. They should have offered him the damn HC job. Last guy we could afford to lose.

Now we will have to start taking OL in first round again

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

Honestly I for one was relieved the drama was gone when AB and Bell left. But even after moving up to take Bush, signing Barron, Nelson, Moncrief. I knew we would still struggle a bit because of our coaching.

Coaching and Gameplanning is a huge factor in being successful in this league. Look at the hoodies defense you got Gilmore as like the only huge name. They shut down the LAR in the superbowl and they were a top scoring offense.

Tomlin, Butler, Fichtner are awful game planners, vanilla scheme designers, atrocious at making in game adjustments and terrible at preparing their players.

Since we all know Tomlin will not be fired we need to find and hire good accountable OCs and DCs that will do all the work.

Not people like Butler who doesnt know the day before a game against an opponent that their TE is injured, and who says if he ever got fired he wouldnt be mad he would just golf every day. Honestly he coaches like he doesnt care.

And Not people like Fichtner whom is about as vanilla a coordinator as you can get and is more of a figure head.

These 2 only have jobs because the steelers are a good ole boys club and love to promote from within rather than go out and find new talent.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
If James Conner wasn’t from Pittsburgh and didn’t overcome cancer so courageously, he would be criticized as much as anyone. He’s a great guy, but he isn’t a #1 RB. I don’t think there’s one person on this site agreed with me as I’ve been saying this for a year.

But but but he made the pro bowl!

Samuels is much more explosive in our vanilla offense. I’m not even a huge Samuels fan but at least he can make things happen.

I argued he isn’t a #1 RB as well and was brigaded for it probably the same as you. But so far he’s looked useless and I wouldn’t categorize him as a bad player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad