The Pittsburgher Thread: The Bush Era Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Nah. Mayock shouldn't be going on radio and throwing his star players under the bus. :sarcasm:

Although one wonders why, instead of saying they supported him on his helmet boondoggle, he didn't say something like, "1700 rostered players in the NFL and only one can't live with the helmet rules; we think he's been completely unreasonable (perhaps crazy) and incredibly selfish."

Bottom line: None of this will matter; on opening night he'll be in the starting lineup. Now if Carr doesn't target him enough, all bets are off . . . .

Poor Derek Carr. He's pretty thin-skinned to begin with. He'll have AB screaming at him in one ear, Gruden in the other, and at some point you have to figure Burfict will cheap shot him from behind with his shoulder pads because..... well, he's Burfict.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
So in case no one knows yet.

AB finally acquired a Schutt Air Advantage made after 2010.

Unfortunately for him it didnt not pass the safety test minimum standards either.

Back to the drawing board AB.

This is going to get good.... He is told he needs a helmet made after 2010 finally gets one and it still doesnt pass, and now your GM is calling you out video social media.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
giphy.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So in case no one knows yet.

AB finally acquired a Schutt Air Advantage made after 2010.

Unfortunately for him it didnt not pass the safety test minimum standards either.

Back to the drawing board AB.

This is going to get good.... He is told he needs a helmet made after 2010 finally gets one and it still doesnt pass, and now your GM is calling you out video social media.

There's a guy in my office that is a rabid Raiders fan and he still talks about Brown like he's a god. It's hilarious, his fans are about as delusional as AB is and his fans in Raider Nation are new fans of his that don't know this is the tip of the iceberg for his idiotic shenanigans.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So AB has quit on his new teammates before the season even started? Wonder how his defenders in the media will spin this shit.

I thought this would take like half the season to happen. You know it’s a bizarre and sad situation when he couldn’t even meet my extremely low expectations for him...

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
So AB has quit on his new teammates before the season even started? Wonder how his defenders in the media will spin this ****.

I thought this would take like half the season to happen. You know it’s a bizarre and sad situation when he couldn’t even meet my extremely low expectations for him...

All I know is Roth is sitting back like...

Like they do with everything else. Racism.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Like they do with everything else. Racism.

Well, Brown has already made it a racial issue with his tweet so, ya I’m sure that will come up, sadly.

Never mind that engineers from the NFLPA concurred that the helmets Brown wanted to wear didn’t pass safety testing.

Guess his union is racist to...

Reactions: ImporterExporter

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Florio should be in the Hall of Fame when it comes to hacks.

Florio is a moron. I guess the NFLPA is sticking it to him also?

The NFL and NFLPA never agree on shit, yet they are unified on this helmet issue.

What does that tell you about how f***ed in the head Brown is?

This is about protecting the league from further litigation and keeping players safer. But the diva wants his way and will pout and stamp his feet hoping he will get what he wants....

The league would be absolute fools to give in to this man child.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
How odd there is ONE moron that is incapable of adhering to the new helmet rule but somehow communication between Brown and the league is horrendous. :rolleyes:Then again Brown has the IQ equivalent to a garden gnome so I can understand why his slow to comprehend this mandate.

I know it's just preseason but watching the WR corps I don't have a problem in the least that group. Ben won't be forcing balls to Brown just to placate the baby. Interceptions should go down.

The past few seasons I have found this team to be really unlikable. Now I'm excited about the season.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
How odd there is ONE moron that is incapable of adhering to the new helmet rule but somehow communication between Brown and the league is horrendous. :rolleyes:Then again Brown has the IQ equivalent to a garden gnome so I can understand why his slow to comprehend this mandate.

I know it's just preseason but watching the WR corps I don't have a problem in the least that group. Ben won't be forcing balls to Brown just to placate the baby. Interceptions should go down.

The past few seasons I have found this team to be really unlikable. Now I'm excited about the season.

If you only read Mike Florio's recent takes on the situation, you would think AB is the second coming of Martin Luther King.

Reactions: TNT87

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Hey, I hope I'm wrong. I really do and if I am I will admit it. But I'm not putting much stock into one preseason game against 3/4's.

Bro... you were just posting up clips of Metcalf missing balls because he ran fast or something... in a preseason game...

Not sure how a guy “almost” making plays agt 1st and 2nd teamers is post worthy, but a guy making actual great plays agt 2nd and 3rd teamers is not something to put stock in.

Maybe just relax and let their careers play out. Then say I told you so in a couple years or hope everyone forgets what you wrote.

Reactions: WheresRamziAbid

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Bro... you were just posting up clips of Metcalf missing balls because he ran fast or something... in a preseason game...

Not sure how a guy “almost” making plays agt 1st and 2nd teamers is post worthy, but a guy making actual great plays agt 2nd and 3rd teamers is not something to put stock in.

Maybe just relax and let their careers play out. Then say I told you so in a couple years or hope everyone forgets what you wrote.

You never understood my stance to begin with, no matter how many times I try to dumb it down for you. Guy blowing by 1/2's is what the offense needs to open up room for Juju and Conner. If Washington actually carries this over to the regular season then cool, maybe Metcalf wasn't needed. If Moncrief ever sees the field then cool, maybe Metcalf wasn't needed. Until then I'm not wrong.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
You never understood my stance to begin with, no matter how many times I try to dumb it down for you. Guy blowing by 1/2's is what the offense needs to open up room for Juju and Conner. If Washington actually carries this over to the regular season then cool, maybe Metcalf wasn't needed. If Moncrief ever sees the field then cool, maybe Metcalf wasn't needed. Until then I'm not wrong.

Dumb it down for me?

Cuz, you have no clue how this offense works. I told you already in the simplest terms possible, removing fancy football terminology (since that confused you), that Washington and Moncrief were drafted/signed to fill that role.

Washington wears #13, he’s the guy who has caught two long balls already this preseason, once again doing you know, what he was very good at in college.

Reactions: zero8771

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
NAPA, Calif. — But I’ll say it anyway: The Raiders should put Brown on notice today by sending him the dreaded “five-day letter,” which every agent and knowledgeable player would absolutely dread. This letter would mean that Brown would have to return to the team by Friday and (be an adult and) play with a league-approved helmet, or he would be put on the reserve/left squad list, meaning he couldn’t play for the Raiders or any team in 2019. It’s also Belichick insurance, preventing the Patriots or some other contender figuring they can deal with the Brown headache for four or five months if it allows them to win a game or three more.

I did consider urging the Raiders to just fire Brown. It just might come to that. But the five-day letter is a good starting point, because it draws a line in the sand immediately. As Mike Florio reported at Pro Football Talk, not reporting after receiving that letter would end Brown’s season and prevent the Raiders from having to pay $29.1 million future guarantees on Brown’s Oakland contract. It’s worth doing. Brown has driven the franchise to this, and he deserves this.

Today is not the day to make any judgment about Brown’s mental stability or his frame of mind. He might be fine; he might be legitimately troubled in a way we don’t know. I just know the Raiders went out on a limb to acquire him from Pittsburgh, then paid him a rich contract. Since then, Brown has been beyond childish about an issue that more than 2,000 players have coped with: wearing only safety-approved helmets in accord with a $60-million initiative in 2016 to ensure that every player wear a helmet that has been approved by a joint NFL/NFLPA testing process. Every team has 63 active and practice-squad players. So 2,015 players (some of whom might be ticked off about it) will start the season wearing approved helmets. One wants to wear a non-approved—and relatively unsafe—helmet. That one is Brown.

I want to add this part about the helmets in question.

Quote:
While in Seattle last week on my camp trip, my NBC team went to new helmet manufacture Vicis, which makes the top-tested helmet on the NFL market, the Vicis Zero1. Patrick Mahomes wears it. Julian Edelman wears it. About 200 players in the league wear a Vicis helmet. Vicis has some of the same equipment used by the NFL/NFLPA testers, including the kind of battering ram used to tests how much force is felt by the brain when the helmet is hit full-force. We were able to procure a 2006 Schutt Air Advantage helmet, close to Brown’s model if not exactly the same (his was at least 10 years old), and, with the help of the Vicis scientists, we measured three major areas.

Weight: The Schutt helmet weighed 3.70 pounds. The Vicis Zero1 was heavier—4.53 pounds. The fact that the helmet with more modern technology is .83 pounds heavier is a factor, to be sure. Players like to feel lighter.

Absorption of force. When impact-tested by the battering tool, the Schutt helmet recorded 73 g’s of force that would have impacted the brain. At the same force, the Vicis helmet, with its slightly malleable outer shell, recorded 53 g’s that would have impacted the brain. So, the brain of a player wearing this Schutt helmet would feel 37.7 percent more force of impact than the force on a brain protected by the new Vicis model.

Peripheral vision. Using a light to shine through the mask of the helmet and reflect onto a tool measuring the field of view, the Schutt helmet had a horizontal field of view of 210 degrees wide. The Vicis helmet had a 236-degree-wide field of view. The 26-degree improvement was a vision increase of 12 percent. The vertical vision was 40 degrees north to south in the Schutt model, 47 degrees north to south in the Vicis helmet—better by 18 percent in the newer helmet.

Peter King Says Raiders Should Send Antonio Brown a '5-Day Letter'

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Rudolph looked OK. A few drops hurt his stats but he was slow to release and his footwork was all over the place. He might be able to manage a game if Ben were to go down, but the season would be over if they had to rely on him for an extended period. Same with Dobbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad