GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Steelers vs. some Jag offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Also, for people complaining about the 2nd 4th and 1, Rogers was open on that play for a first down. I don't think Haley was telling Roethlisberger to throw to a cover JJSS.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
3rd and 5, game on the line, soft zone.

HA HA

My dad watched but doesn't understand the game that well... I used the DVR to break that play down and he kept asking why they would do that... and I kept telling him because they are coached poorly...

Then he asks the bombshell... why is the corner 12 yards off when they only need five yards?

Because they are coached poorly dad...

But... that was the biggest point in the game... the guy just ran with no one even touching him and got an easy first down... I don't understand why they...

Dad... you aren't getting it....

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
People can ***** about the offense all they want, but maybe you shouldn't give up 45 points and expect to win games.

As I keep saying, forget the short fields.

They gave up 4 long TD drives to Blake Bortles. They gave up 2 of them with a gimpy Fournette and multiple 3rd and 5+ situations . . . IN THE 4TH QUARTER.

**** them all.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Also, for people complaining about the 2nd 4th and 1, Rogers was open on that play for a first down. I don't think Haley was telling Roethlisberger to throw to a cover JJSS.

JJSS was covered because he was held.

But God run the ball up the middle with the best back in the game. Or qb sneak.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
My dad watched but doesn't understand the game that well... I used the DVR to break that play down and he kept asking why they would do that... and I kept telling him because they are coached poorly...

Then he asks the bombshell... why is the corner 12 yards off when they only need five yards?

But... that was the biggest point in the game... I don't understand why they...

Dad must've really loved Bylsma. :laugh:

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
As I keep saying, forget the short fields.

They gave up 4 long TD drives to Blake Bortles. They gave up 2 of them with a gimpy Fournette and multiple 3rd and 5+ situations . . . IN THE 4TH QUARTER.

**** them all.

Now you're simply trying to woo me.... and it's working:sarcasm:

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

But... that was the biggest point in the game... I don't understand why they...

Classic LeBeau style, and we saw how that worked for the Titans yesterday.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
What's funny is I hate the Pats so much I'll be rooting for the Jags.

But not watching. No way no how.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The standard is the standard, and this one is pure Bylsmagic . . .

Why in the hell would I watch this???? I've always been mixed on Tomlin, terrible at the x's and o's, great at the team bringing their game. But he lost me when he was behind that whole mess with the Bears/Flag fiasco. Then he weaseled his way out of it and blamed big AL.

And then Big Al covered for him.

**** them all!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Never change your defensive coordinator

EDIT: I hope there are conditions attached to this one . . .

EXIT QUESTION: How many flags does the Jags' D get next week for PI and holding?

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Hard not to be disappointed going forward, knowing that the Rooney's will not fire the coaching staff. I think they are fine with regular season success.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

But... that was the biggest point in the game... the guy just ran with no one even touching him and got an easy first down... I don't understand why they...

and that's your Lebeaue/Butler special right there for you, if we know just imagine what all the OCs in NFL think

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Dad must've really loved Bylsma. :laugh:

I don't think he cared either way TBTH... he just watches, but never played either sport so he just knows the basics.

I think he's catching on with Tomlin though... kind of have to be a mental midget at this point not to see it.

Reactions: KIRK

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Chris Hoke blaming Bens turnovers as "the difference in the game. "

Points wise he's not wrong. But it's not the whole picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad