GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Steelers vs. some Jag offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
My God Tomlin is an arrogant pr*ck in his pressers.

This is a guy that wouldn't have a job tomorrow if he worked for just about any other team in the league.
Seriously f*** these idiot coaches

Reactions: TNT87 and KIRK

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Shazier cost them because they did nothing to build depth in the offseason. Even the most noob fan could see their biggest question mark wast ILB depth heading into the season.

KFC.... I'm loving it

Weve been rebuilding our defense these last 4 or 5 years. Went from having barely any quality starters let alone depth. Now we actually have some talent..and depth. Not happy with how they played today but they were behind the 8 ball all game. Ben played great but he did put us in a hole. Changes the psyche of the defense. Putting way more pressure on them. Talented group but still young.

Like i said keep focusing on defense in the draft. And add another talent like Haden(at linebacker) thru FA.

Too much talent on this team to not win another one. Pats time is almost up. Yeah i know about our coaching...but if thats not gonna change..rely on that talent again like in 09

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I hate Mike Mitchell.

Only one guy loves him, Mike Tomlin. It's his mirror.

Mike-Tomlin-Partying-With-Some-Girls-In-Goofy-Clothes-2.jpg

ku-xlarge2.jpg

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Jags have really put together a phenomenal defense. I could absolutely see them beating New England. Bortles is able to manage a game. Jalen Ramsay is the best CB in the league, IMO. They are excellent.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
No adjustments. I can’t believe two supposedly elite defensive coaches in Tomlin and Butler couldn’t figure out the Jags were running delayed routes out of the backfield. Guaranteed those plays aren’t available against the Pats next week.

Reactions: Kip Drordy

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Jags have really put together a phenomenal defense. I could absolutely see them beating New England. Bortles is able to manage a game. Jalen Ramsay is the best CB in the league, IMO. They are excellent.
i'm not sure how well they can cover new England......they wont be able to ride on their receivers backs like they did to us.

Reactions: KIRK

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

No. The Pats actually have coaches who will shut that **** down....

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

It's a good defense, but nothing exceptional. The Steelers just dropped 42 points on them with inept coaching, and the Jags offense didn't turn the ball over either and force them into any bad situations.

Pretty sure Bortles isn't putting up 35+ on a BB defense, which is what they will need to win.

Hope I'm wrong, but I think we all know what's coming next week.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
The Steelers scored on ridiculous deep balls. Today was not really indicative of the quality of that defense. They’ll have a much easier time with Cooks, Amendola, and Hogan. Gronk will need to have a huge game.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The Steelers scored on ridiculous deep balls. Today was not really indicative of the quality of that defense. They’ll have a much easier time with Cooks, Amendola, and Hogan. Gronk will need to have a huge game.

The Patriots have never needed name brand wideouts to beat good defenses. The concern for me as a NE fan is the Jags ability to bring pressure only rushing four.

I would imagine the Pats try to counter that with screens and quick passes to the RB’s out of the backfield.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Any coach would have alot of wins with this roster since 2008.

Tired of bringing up his good record. HE HAS HAD A FRANCHISE QB ALL HIS TENURE! Of course he has a very good record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->