GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Steelers vs. some Jag offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bortles didn't play a snap from behind. Everyone that's giving him a sloppy bj right now needs a reality check. Next week will be another walk in the park for the Patriots.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
The Patriots have never needed name brand wideouts to beat good defenses. The concern for me as a NE fan is the Jags ability to bring pressure only rushing four.

I would imagine the Pats try to counter that with screens and quick passes to the RB’s out of the backfield.

The Jags run man and will take out those WRs most of the time. The reason NE gets away with not having elite WR talent is they exploit zone defense and go 4 deep at the position with similarly talented (not a huge gap between the #1 and #4). This enables exploitation of matchups. The only real exception was the Randy Moss years.

NE notoriously struggles against the style of defense the Jags bring. I will be shocked if NE scores as much as Pittsburgh did today.

Last edited:

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Bortles didn't play a snap from behind. Everyone that's giving him a sloppy bj right now needs a reality check. Next week will be another walk in the park for the Patriots.

I thought they made a mistake not receiving the opening kickoff. If they score on the opening possession I think it’s a whole different game.

Rusty Razor

Jun 25, 2017
The Jags run man and will take out those WRs most of the time. NE notoriously struggles against the style of defense the Jags bring.

And when they face teams like that the game basically comes down to whether or not the defense has an answer for Gronk. We saw the difference between the Miami game where he was out and the second half vs the Steelers when they knew there was no answer for him.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The Jags run man and will take out those WRs most of the time. NE notoriously struggles against the style of defense the Jags bring.

I guess we will find out.

Belichick will take away Fournette and force Bortles to win the game. I don’t think it will be a walk in the park, but NE will score enough to win. If the Patriots can get up early, Jacksonville is not built to come from behind.

I would rather the Pats face the Jags than the Steelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad