GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Steelers vs. some Jag offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
The D is the reason we lost today. Period. No pass rush at all. No turn overs forced. Couldn't stop the run.

On the flip side it's beyond impressive what the O was able to accomplish against he best D in the league.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
again, when you have shawn spice blocking giant running back on that first jump, or when you have Spice playing anyways its hard to do anything, however, this vaunted d-line pretty much got manhandled and Burns sucks, our safety suck, but still when you don't have anyone around the guy in the middle on crucial 3rd and 5, thats on coaches..

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Chris Hoke blaming Bens turnovers as "the difference in the game. "

Points wise he's not wrong. But it's not the whole picture.

Of course it couldn't be the defense that couldn't stop shit.

We scored 42 f***ing points. How many should you need to score to win a home playoff game? 50. Give me a f***ing break.

If anybody should lose their job it should be Butler. His style of defense is done. Especially against the teams we have to beat each year when it matters.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Never change your defensive coordinator

EDIT: I hope there are conditions attached to this one . . .

EXIT QUESTION: How many flags does the Jags' D get next week for PI and holding?

In 5 of those games, Roethlisberger had multiple turnovers (3 and 4, respectively in the first two) and in 4 of those 5 gave the other team a defensive TD. In 2 of the other 3 games, the Steelers scored less than 20 points. Context is fun though!

The truth is that Roethlisberger has often been a reason the Steelers haven't advanced. Look up his TD/TO ratio in the playoffs before this game. It's not pretty.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

I had an old Steelers mug from the 70's I was using during that 08 game. When Tomlin went for 2 at the 12, it was shattered into a thousand pieces.

After the game, he didn't realize that the lost point cost them the game and then tried to lay off the excuse as "every coach makes that call or has that chart, it's just baseball".

That's what he said and I shuttered in fear.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Of course it couldn't be the defense that couldn't stop ****.

We scored 42 ****ing points. How many should you need to score to win a home playoff game? 50. Give me a ****ing break.

If anybody should lose their job it should be Butler. His style of defense is done. Especially against the teams we have to beat each year when it matters.

I'm all for getting rid of both coordinators.

Reactions: Shockmaster

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
If I were Ben I'd say screw this shit show I'm going to enjoy retirement. This offseason is going to be a dumpster fire. There will be Bell contract drama, no changes at coaching, and probably some Bryant drama.

Reactions: KIRK

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
If I were Ben I'd say screw this **** show I'm going to enjoy retirement. This offseason is going to be a dumpster fire. There will be Bell contract drama, no changes at coaching, and probably some Bryant drama.

26 Million next year. My guess is he comes back and gets a nagging hamstring injury.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Nah this should make Ben want to stick around for another year or two. We lost Shazier so have to try to replace him thru FA. Draft D in first 3 rounds. Need to replace mitchell. Few pieces away. Even with the horrible coaching. Seeing this offense do what they did after being down 21-0 and the countless horrible decision making...Ben cant go out like that.

I knew losing Shazier would cost them. Had to play perfect football. Hes the one who always came up with the big plays/turnovers on D when needed.

Also..afc is weak. Another year where pats get older. It would be our luck that ben retires..we have nobody to replace...then pats fall off a cliff the next year or two.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I hope that wasn't Le'Veon Bell's last snap in a Steelers jersey.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Shazier cost them because they did nothing to build depth in the offseason. Even the most noob fan could see their biggest question mark wast ILB depth heading into the season.

KFC.... I'm loving it

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Shazier cost them because they did nothing to build depth in the offseason. Even the most noob fan could see their biggest question mark wast ILB depth heading into the season.

KFC.... I'm loving it

Who would have thought that picking up a player who hadn't played all season and then putting him in the starting lineup wouldn't work out? Oh wait I guess the Steelers.

Reactions: Kip Drordy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad