The Pittsburgher Thread - Steelers/Football talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I’d love to know what Tomlin and the other coaches due all day in the office. None of them have coached a complete game since November, so what are they really doing in February?

I saw Tomlin has COVID, and while I hate him as a coach, I hope he makes a quick recovery.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
They can trade for Darnold. The Wentz trade would seem to have calmed the QB market a little

Or draft Trask

Or suck in 2021 for a Top 10 pick

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Kaboly article was pretty bad. Framing Ben as a victim is kinda wild to me.

Pretty much.

But they do owe him respect, and that’s not what he’s received from a front office that has a reputation for doing things right.

Doing what right, exactly?

They did similar things to Harris, Polo and Ward when those guys couldn’t accept their careers were at the end.

Just a weird ass article.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Very excited for them to go 8-8 or lose in the wild card round. I think Ben is full of shit so I’d be surprised if he actually took any sort of meaningful pay cut.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
think they should move on but whatever...they better get a huge cap boost from him and a pay cut...

They will. I anticipate the deal will be 3-5 years, with voidable years after this one, converting the roster bonus to a signing bonus and paying him the 4M.

He makes his 19M.

Means his cap hit is 7-9M and you save 10-12M (that becomes dead money next season).

I suppose they COULD do something like 4 years and convert the roster bonus as 3M of the salary to a signing bonus. In THAT scenario, the cap hit would be 5.5M this year and there would be 13.5M dead money next year.

Not saying I agree with it, just how I expect the numbers to work (I would be STUNNED if he makes less than 19M this year).

Very excited for them to go 8-8 or lose in the wild card round. I think Ben is full of shit so I’d be surprised if he actually took any sort of meaningful pay cut.

He won't. They'll manipulate the numbers as I showed above to save 7.0-13.5M against the cap.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They will. I anticipate the deal will be 3-5 years, with voidable years after this one, converting the roster bonus to a signing bonus and paying him the 4M.

He makes his 19M.

Means his cap hit is 7-9M and you save 10-12M (that becomes dead money next season).

I suppose they COULD do something like 4 years and convert the roster bonus as 3M of the salary to a signing bonus. In THAT scenario, the cap hit would be 5.5M this year and there would be 13.5M dead money next year.

Not saying I agree with it, just how I expect the numbers to work (I would be STUNNED if he makes less than 19M this year).

I mean that’s what I’m saying...agree to a new contract and pay him the roster bonus only...get his salary is as close to 0 as they can get and then add the voidable years to spread the cap hit out...that would be much better

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I’d love to know what Tomlin and the other coaches due all day in the office. None of them have coached a complete game since November, so what are they really doing in February?

Counting his millions and laughing all the way to the bank

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
They needed to restructure it. You can basically either have him or not have him and it would be the same hit against the cap due to dead money.

Reactions: Khelandros

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
The inability to make the tough decision is what separates good leadership from bad. We have a bad leader (Art II). Who knows how long he’ll be in charge

Art2=Cowardly Lion

Anyone who employs a coach undeserving for 15 years without holding accountability for anything he does(and doesn't do) is not serious about winning.

Reactions: Hockeygod66

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Anyone who employs a coach undeserving for 15 years without holding accountability for anything he does(and doesn't do) is not serious about winning.

Bringing Roth back means you absolutely must be in win now mode...

This team hasn’t won a playoff game in five years, their cap situation is a mess, and they have a brutal schedule...

At least they are in a weak conference... oh wait!

Well their division sucks.... oh wait!

What makes him think they can even reach the playoffs, let alone finally have a Tomlin playoff win - and winning a SB coming through the AFC?

What the hell goes through AR2 head is beyond me.

All this does is set the future of this org back significantly.

Reactions: Hungamania

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Wait, Ben’s opted to come back and play so so qb for six months and collect $20 million (or whatever the amount is)??? Damn. Didn’t see that coming.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

He makes his 19M.

He won't. They'll manipulate the numbers as I showed above to save 7.0-13.5M against the cap.

Seeing all this Ben stuff makes me feel incredibly lucky that I get to watch Justin Herbert only make $6.6 million for the next 2 seasons.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Seeing all this Ben stuff makes me feel incredibly lucky that I get to watch Justin Herbert only make $6.6 million for the next 2 seasons.

Z4W3.gif

UnkemptElementaryHapuka-small.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad