GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Carson Strong seems like a decent option. I think it’s kind of premature to say Mac Jones is easily the best QB in the draft after only five games. He’s performed the best so far but he’s easily in the best situation.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I don't this it's a need. Dan Moore is a rookie and is playing pretty well considering.
Um no he isn’t playing well. He was the worst o line men on the field against Cincinnati and Green Bay. He is slow out of his stance and struggles run blocking. I hope they put chuks at LT and seats Moore through the bye.

Reactions: Pengwins

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
He looks like a rookie LT. I don't know why people expect a rookie to walk onto an NFL field and look like an old vet. Moore looks fine and it better serves him and the team to continue playing and learning

This is a fair point and although this morning I insinuated to go for the best (a franchise type ) LT in this coming draft first over QB, if Moore is showing progression and signs point he'll be solid enough then maybe LT wont be a need

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I guess the question is who takes over for Colbert when that yinzer retires at the end of the year? I’m sure it’ll be some internal, cheap clown that gets the job.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
This is a fair point and although this morning I insinuated to go for the best (a franchise type ) LT in this coming draft first over QB, if Moore is showing progression and signs point he'll be solid enough then maybe LT wont be a need

I honestly prefer going into next year’s draft with a strategy of moving back, assuming they have a Top 5 pick. Loading up on quality draft picks is the best way to shorten a rebuild

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

The Steelers are going to bring in Rodgers next year, only for him to get ruined with their absolute garbage tier offensive line :laugh:

By next year the Steelers will have rebuilt the OL. The FO knows they have egg on their face for how they half-assed the OL retool this year. Priority #1 will be the OL. My bigger worry is that the DL and secondary is going to regress. I mean the DL isn't exactly the picture of health.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
By next year the Steelers will have rebuilt the OL. The FO knows they have egg on their face for how they half-assed the OL retool this year. Priority #1 will be the OL. My bigger worry is that the DL and secondary is going to regress. I mean the DL isn't exactly the picture of health.
I don’t think nothing in Colbert history says he will feel he half assed this o line. He never really invested much high end cap or draft capital on the o line while he is the gm

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I don’t think nothing in Colbert history says he will feel he half assed this o line. He never really invested much high end cap or draft capital on the o line while he is the gm

DeCastro and Pouncey both first round picks.

Foster and AV both graduated to starter after a couple years learning the ropes. Just because they weren't high picks doesn't mean that there wasn't a solid amount of certainty behind their performance.

Trying to construct a line out of 1st-2nd year players drafted in the 3rd-6th round is a formula for disaster if you're trying to compete now. I don't care if you were able to cheap out on it before. It's not sustainable. That said I am seeing improvements and I think the line could be serviceable by the end of this year.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Carson Strong seems like a decent option. I think it’s kind of premature to say Mac Jones is easily the best QB in the draft after only five games. He’s performed the best so far but he’s easily in the best situation.

Strong looks pretty good.

Corral’s NFL projection is sketchy to me but that kid can spin a ball.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If they don’t like any of the QBs in the draft, then I just hope they roll with Rudolph and Haskins and have another bad season. To me going with someone like Minshew or Trubisky is a waste. They may be good enough to get you to a somewhat decent record but what’s the point in that? Neither seem like they’re franchise guys.

Trubisky was under Nagy, and that is a disaster. The first breath he was able to take in his career to show what he can do was in the preseason in Buffalo and he was absolutely incredible. If I were the team, and they don't draft a QB, I'd bring him in and let him compete. I know Minshew had some issues with reporting his thumb injury to the coaching staff, but I legit think he was pulled because they wanted to ensure they didn't win another game so they could get Lawrence. I'm not saying he or Trubisky are franchise guys, but I think they can win football games and we could use very valuable draft capital on other positions.

He looks like a rookie LT. I don't know why people expect a rookie to walk onto an NFL field and look like an old vet. Moore looks fine and it better serves him and the team to continue playing and learning

I honestly prefer going into next year’s draft with a strategy of moving back, assuming they have a Top 5 pick. Loading up on quality draft picks is the best way to shorten a rebuild

I agree with both points. Only caveat is if we are sitting in the top 10 and Neal falls into our laps, in which case Moore is now a backup, or a RT. He said he has played all 5 positions on the OL, so it shouldn't be an issue finding him reps.

If we get a top 10 pick, it will be hard not taking a player, but I absolutely think you try to trade down into the 10-15 range, if possible and collect as much capital as possible. The organization would never do it, but flipping guys should be looked into if we lose the next few games before the trade deadline.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Rodgers would be absolutely fine with our weapons on offense. They’d need to draft/sign lineman, which can be done, and the offense would be excellent.

Also, an offense that puts together long drives and allows your defense to play with a lead really helps out that defense overall.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I just got to the MNF game, and still have Arsenal FC, and MLB playoff game, (holy hell too much sports)
I had to skip over 50 minutes of steve levy talking during a game delay... I couldn't possibly do that live... how could anyone listen to that!?

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I just got to the MNF game, and still have Arsenal FC, and MLB playoff game, (holy hell too much sports)
I had to skip over 50 minutes of steve levy talking during a game delay... I couldn't possibly do that live... how could anyone listen to that!?

Blame the people who designed an open ended dome. :laugh:

Reactions: LOGiK

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Rodgers would be absolutely fine with our weapons on offense. They’d need to draft/sign lineman, which can be done, and the offense would be excellent.

Also, an offense that puts together long drives and allows your defense to play with a lead really helps out that defense overall.

They aren't going to have the cap space to trade for Rodgers, sign Fitzpatrick, and fix the o-line.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Big Ben is going to play until one of his body parts falls off, isn’t he?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad