GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Last few posts:

Zero chance Ben plays the whole year behind this f***ing line.

Addition by subtraction

CB Depth would be huge for us.

Honestly moving Chuks back to RT and Putting Moore in at LT seems the right move at the moment.

Banner can't stay healthy.

And Chuks was getting dismantled at LT.

If we have no other option let the rookie play. Hes graded out very well. You're gonna see some mistakes but we seem them from the current vet. So whatever.

Moore playing is good news - I think.

I agree. They wanted to season him, which is the right move, but he’s probably the best option. Hopefully he’s a quick learner because LT is gonna be huge to keeping Ben upright.

Claypool started a fight because Juju made that tiktok before him.

A great way to chance voiding your contract and lose millions of dollars?

TikTok Banned The ’Milk Crate Challenge’ Because It’s Too Dangerous

I highly suspect Tomlin and JJSS will be having a long talk this morning.

Maybe his defenders are finally starting to figure out now this guy is all about himself.

Continue

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Supposedly here in Columbus but the address they list for the school is a private athletic field-workout facility, presumably where they hold practices?

I mean, I know there’s been shady stuff for years in HS football but is this where it’s headed?

Apparently someone at the facility spoke anonymously to a reporter and said they rent the facility “occasionally”.

This story is so bizarre.

They have no real school, some of their players are like 20-21, and they just played Sto-Rox on Friday, then played IMG on Sat - say what?!

No wonder they had several kids go down. And did I mention many of them were playing iron man ball?

This has been going on for a couple years and ESPN’s contracted scheduler never thought to check them out?

“ya we got like, ten division one recruits and shit bro”

“sounds legit, we’ll put you on the schedule!”

How hard is it in the info age to check them out and who their recruits are?

They were handing in half rosters for their games in the past… uh…

Reactions: T1K

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Sort of Pgh related because they just played Sto-Rox, but this mysterious Bishop Sycamore story is crazy:

We learned more about how Bishop Sycamore ended up playing on ESPN, and it's only getting shadier

This is the most interested I've been in something related to high school football perhaps in my life. To be fair that's not saying much of anything, but still...what the f***?

I hate how easily I could imagine the kind of adults that lead to a situation like that happening. Seems similar to the Philippines team at the 1992 Little League World Series...except Zamboanga City managed to at least bring good ringers that weren't exhausted before the games even started.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
This is the most interested I've been in something related to high school football perhaps in my life. To be fair that's not saying much of anything, but still...what the f***?

I hate how easily I could imagine the kind of adults that lead to a situation like that happening. Seems similar to the Philippines team at the 1992 Little League World Series...except Zamboanga City managed to at least bring good ringers that weren't exhausted before the games even started.

This is the first high school football story I ever read in my life - because it’s so bananas.

At least that baseball team had ringers… this Bishop team has been out scored something like 450-92 in its last whatever amount of games.

They aren’t even sanctioned in Ohio, and their shadiness has been going on for a couple years.

They literally just duped ESPN now - their website looks more unprofessional than one of the first business sites I designed as a 19 year old.

Yet all these people involved with scheduling to play them are like “totally legit, no shenanigans to see here”.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
The only people I know in Ohio who’ve heard of Bishop Sycamore are hardcore HS football fans and they knew it was shady. There’s no way Paragon or whatever it is who set this matchup didn’t know about it, same with ESPN.

From what I’ve been told, it’s a scam that sells “an opportunity for you son to showcase himself” to families of recent HS grads who still want to go to college. It’s an interesting concept, but like I said a complete scam. BS set up to be an online prep school with a football team, only there’s no school and the coach is wanted for fraud.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
Cam was really solid against the Seahawks early in the season. Sad to see his decline because he was a real treat to watch.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Let’s see what they do at CB. Haden/Sutton/Pierre/Layne are the only guys on the roster I think.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
Rumors going around that Tuitt may be placed on IR with a knee injury. His offseason was one I wouldn't wish on anyone. I hope his physical health as well as mental health can continue to improve. No way I'd be in playing shape if I suffered a close family death like he had.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Banner, McFarland and Tuitt to IR; Coward, Finney, and Maulet to the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille