GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
They aren't going to have the cap space to trade for Rodgers, sign Fitzpatrick, and fix the o-line.
Why do you think that they have 50 million next year with TJ signed and Fitzpatrick 5th year contract. Rodgers or jimmy G is going to cost 24 million but both will need an extension so you can get that number down. They have over 100 million in 23 and beyond. Greenbay current line is starting 2 rookies they spent a ton of time chipping with TE and RBs against us. Rodgers was making great pre snap reads and was mobile enough to extend plays.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Jon Linder @LinderShowMiami
3h
#Steelers Mike Tomlin just confirmed that Ben Roethlisberger, an 18 yr veteran, two time Super Bowl winner and future Hall of Famer really has no say in 4th down play calls because “those play calls are predetermined and “he’s comfortable with the play calls that were used.”

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Reactions: KIRK

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I find it bizarre how many Ben apologists there are in the media when Ben had the same exact issues last year and is like 2-8 in his last 10 games.

If you need an elite line with an elite WR group for a QB to be competent, he just sucks. You can win games with freaking Brock Osweiler if you give him Najee with an elite line and receivers.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I find it bizarre how many Ben apologists there are in the media when Ben had the same exact issues last year and is like 2-8 in his last 10 games.

If you need an elite line with an elite WR group for a QB to be competent, he just sucks. You can win games with freaking Brock Osweiler if you give him Najee with an elite line and receivers.

The only solution to get those cement shoes moving, I believe is to get some female refs to officiate Steelers games

did-someone-say-woman-ref-ben-roethlisberger-memes-52862035.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Empoleon8771

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I get setting the first 5-7 plays on offense. It gives the team the best chance to get rolling. To have a play already predetermined for 4th down is insanity to me, and it's even crazier to announce that so other teams know you have a call already and the QB has no way to call out of it.

This coaching staff is a f***ing joke.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

I don't think there's that many in the Pittsburgh media anymore. Maybe Ron Cook. If you listen to the Fan (I don't recommend it) they are universally calling for his benching right now.

A lot of this is "LOL your other options are Rudolph and Haskins." Which I get it to some extent except I think:
  • The memification of 2019 Rudolph is overboard when he didn't look worse than this (for that matter neither did Duck), the line sucked then too and he showed real signs of improvement in Week 17 last year.
  • Haskins likes strippers which still makes him Gandhi compared to what a psychopath Ben was at his age.
  • The Steelers have not brought in any "viable" alternatives to not hurt Ben's fee-fees. You saw it in his reaction to Rudolph getting drafted. If they would have brought in a Minshew he woulda lost his mind.
He's like the below scene:
denethor-eating.gif

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
You are all missing the point.

Coaching is awful but upper management is rotten.

It's evident by allowing rot to foster year after year. For a f***ing decade.

This goes well beyond Mike Tomlin enjoying a picturesque entry I to pro football and now subsequently losing games when the HoF QB can't play any longer.

Failure after failure and the GM, coach, and many assistants retained regardless. Drama after drama. Complete wasting of insane talent during prime AB and Bell years.

If my fears are correct this rot goes all the way up to Art and in that case who we hire below him won't really matter.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
You are all missing the point.

Coaching is awful but upper management is rotten.

It's evident by allowing rot to foster year after year. For a f***ing decade.

This goes well beyond Mike Tomlin enjoying a picturesque entry I to pro football and now subsequently losing games when the HoF QB can't play any longer.

Failure after failure and the GM, coach, and many assistants retained regardless. Drama after drama. Complete wasting of insane talent during prime AB and Bell years.

If my fears are correct this rot goes all the way up to Art and in that case who we hire below him won't really matter.

It definitely is, no argument from me. And the likelihood that he eventually does let's Jibba Jabba go, he'll just go out and hire Adam Gase or Rich Kotite "cause durr..they had good interviews durr" and then 20+ more years of bad football.

I think most of us choose to stick around, because we have hope he will use common sense when looking at another coach, and The above scenario doesn't happen, but we are probably kidding ourselves.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I get setting the first 5-7 plays on offense. It gives the team the best chance to get rolling. To have a play already predetermined for 4th down is insanity to me, and it's even crazier to announce that so other teams know you have a call already and the QB has no way to call out of it.

This coaching staff is a f***ing joke.
It’s not pre determined. Against Greenbay they motioned Najaee out to the top of the screen a cb was on him. Ben this means zone so juju crosser isn’t available pre snap on the bottom of the screen DJ is wide open. Another 4 th down against Green Bay again Najaee in motion this time it’s m2m. Ok I know I have juju open on the crosser Ben missed him. The dump off to Najaee Muth was wide open. Canada offense is built off of pre snap motion and having the QB read and react. Claypool been complaining about the 2 defenses they have seen since December cover 2 and single high safety cover 1 or 4. Romo was calling out Canada cause he hardly ever chips with a te or rb and Greenbay dies often and he ripped Ben for ignoring Muth in the seems

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
There are too many fans still hypnotized by Tomlin's gift of gab to realize he sucks. You ever look at the posts on social media fan pages? They overwhelmingly support Tomlin and the mediocre streak. It seems the average fan really doesn't care about Championships or a championship contender. They're happy with the history and taking selfies in Steeler gear. It's very annoying but fan groups mirror the intelligence of America in general. They're satisfied with participation trophies. Tomlin is a good face of the organization in today's political climate and sounds like a genius to Joe American. He'll have to lose to the point where there are signs in the stands demanding his termination and we are years away from that.

Reactions: Night Shift
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad