GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
The Chargers being in LA is such a bad look for the league. Every year the Raiders are going to have an extra home game

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Can they just absolve the Chargers franchise and give the Steelers Herbert?

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
The best thing you can do for a young QB is have him surrounded by good skill position players and a good OL. I think the OL will gel as the year goes on and they gain more skill and experience. I think they're already a bit better than they were week 1. If the Steelers go QB next draft, they should be walking into a very nice situation.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
You’re just making things up. He didn’t have the game in hand, he struggled all day. Funny how you can try to diminish a great win like that, which was entirely because of our defense. If they approach the off-season the right way, we can retool this team quickly via the draft (QB rd 1, hammer O-Line after) and maybe with a FA signing or two. The components are there for this to be a decent rebuild

I disagree with you about the Bills game, it was more of Allen being off than the Steelers D

What am I making up? That Heyward and Tuitt are old? I'm not saying Watt will request a trade. I could see it happening in the near future if things continue and Tomlin is still here.

Last edited:

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Those were just examples… It can be anyone in that tier. Kirk has also be great this year for what it’s worth. There’s really not a big gap between Cousins and Mayfield, who Cleveland believes they can win with.

both were terrible yesterday

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Is BR really calling Harris out on being more physical? Hilarious.

Get up there and really molest that D-line, Najee. Just assault the hell out of it. BR would know a lot about that.

Ben has always been an absolutely insufferable shit to me, so seeing him throw Harris under the bus when the reality is that he's washed up just emphasizes that even more to me.

People can put the blame on any specific player, coach or unit for why they lost, but I'm really not surprised they haven't won shit in a decade with such a cancerous douchebag as their "leader".

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I disagree with you about the Bills game, it was more of Allen being off than the Steelers D

What am I making up? That Heyward and Tuitt are old? I'm not saying Watt will request a trade. I could see it happening in the near future if things continue and Tomlin is still here.
Tuitt is only 28 they can get out of Heyward contract in 23 if they want. Watt just signed an extension he isn’t going to ask for a trade.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Ben has always been an absolutely insufferable shit to me, so seeing him throw Harris under the bus when the reality is that he's washed up just emphasizes that even more to me.

People can put the blame on any specific player, coach or unit for why they lost, but I'm really not surprised they haven't won shit in a decade with such a cancerous douchebag as their "leader".

Yeah I respect the guy for what he did on the field and know we wouldn’t have won the few Super Bowls without him, but he is just such an unlikeable person.

Hopefully their next quarterback is a little easier to root for.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Tuitt is only 28 they can get out of Heyward contract in 23 if they want. Watt just signed an extension he isn’t going to ask for a trade.

Tuitt is also made of glass, forgot to mention. As he gets older that won't change. So it's best to move on from that aspect.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

Your evaluation of the Bills game. Saying Allen had the game in hand until the 4th quarter when they had only scored 10 points is making things up. Then in your next post you said Allen was off and the D wasn’t responsible for that. Inconsistent argument that makes no sense.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Your evaluation of the Bills game. Saying Allen had the game in hand until the 4th quarter when they had only scored 10 points is making things up. Then in your next post you said Allen was off and the D wasn’t responsible for that. Inconsistent argument that makes no sense.

I know I'm rustling Jimmies.. Ooops:DD

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
You're going to have two down years. The year that gets you a top 10 pick, and the next season during your new QB's rookie season.

That’s fair, I just don’t want it to be two down years before that rookie QB comes in, lose a lot of momentum the longer you wait. Ideally we get a rookie QB, start slow, and then improve as the year goes on to build on it for the next year. Kinda like how it went down for the Chargers (fingers crossed the HC gets fired too)

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
With this schedule, the Steelers could easily be a 2-3 win team. That gets them a Top 5 pick and a shot at a good QB. If they pass on that opportunity to stick with Ben, they deserve whatever shitshow they end up with.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
1. Ben is a huge problem. A good coach would diagnose that and be prepared to make the necessary moves. Unfortunately, the Steelers have both a bad QB and a bad HC. Canada is not the problem. Ben is simply refusing to do anything but aimlessly chuck balls deep or throw to his quick-read option. Tomlin should have already had a sit-down to explain that Ben either run the offense or sit, but we all know he'd never do that.

2. I'd rather roll with Rudolph for a couple years than bring in a stopgap who will win more games than are needed. A couple tank seasons to replenish the roster with Top 8 picks is a better outcome than finishing out of the Top 10-15 for no real reason. Could bring in Minshew. He'll sell some jerseys, I guess.

3. Say no to Desmond Ridder. Not an NFL quality starting QB. He's mobile but that's it. His decision-making alone should set off alarms, but his mechanics are also lacking and his accuracy is suspect. He's overrated by people who think there's another Mahomes out there. There isn't.

I watched the UC game and I didn't come away impressed with Ridder. I went into that game a Ridder fan. Jurkovec is my lone guy right now unless someone else comes to the forefront. I am not a fan of the top QBs in this draft. I have not checked out a Malik Willis or Carson Strong game yet.

With this schedule, the Steelers could easily be a 2-3 win team. That gets them a Top 5 pick and a shot at a good QB. If they pass on that opportunity to stick with Ben, they deserve whatever shitshow they end up with.

I'm not sure this is the draft to take a QB yet. Taking the best LT available may be the best course for the team to take.

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
If Kenny Pickett does what he’s been doing to Virginia Tech and Clemson, I think I’ll start to unironically root for the Steelers to take him at some point.

Reactions: Hockeygod66

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I watched the UC game and I didn't come away impressed with Ridder. I went into that game a Ridder fan. Jurkovec is my lone guy right now unless someone else comes to the forefront. I am not a fan of the top QBs in this draft. I have not checked out a Malik Willis or Carson Strong game yet.

I'm not sure this is the draft to take a QB yet. Taking the best LT available may be the best course for the team to take.

Getting a top LT and then trading back into the end of the 1st to draft Jurkovec is a very interesting idea, although I’m biased since he’s from Pittsburgh.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Pickett will be 24 by the time camp starts up. If you're going to draft a guy that old with Top 5 overall pick, he better be a generational talent. He's off to a tremendous start this season no doubt about it, but let's not get carried away.

I'd keep an eye on Carson Strong from Nevada.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Pickett will be 24 by the time camp starts up. If you're going to draft a guy that old with Top 5 overall pick, he better be a generational talent. He's off to a tremendous start this season no doubt about it, but let's not get carried away.

I never said take him with a top 5 pick.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The line will improve.

Use cap space and draft equity to further improve it, solve CB, and bring in Jimmy G/Danny Dimes/Mariota. Or grab Pickett in the 2nd round

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Lol I'd be pissed if they used anything more than a 3rd rounder on him.

If you can get him for a mid to late round pick, go for it. If someone's an idiot and wants to take him in either the 1st or 2nd round, let someone else make that bad decision.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
The line will improve.

Use cap space and draft equity to further improve it, solve CB, and bring in Jimmy G/Danny Dimes/Mariota. Or grab Pickett in the 2nd round

I’m not so sure Dimes will be available. He’s actually been solid this year so far. He’s sneaky athletic and has a nice deep ball. He’d be on the top of my list to have a Darnold-like rebound elsewhere. My preference is to draft a QB in round 1 or not draft one at all. Pickett is a fine player, but I don’t see him being anything more than a career backup.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Since the QB class isn't good this draft maybe they should go LT then QB next year. This is under the scenario that both picks are top 5

That's what I would do but we know it will be nowhere near what they will actually do. It's more likely they will get the hamster wheel Qb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad