OT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Good JuJu comes at a high price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
`Eagles and Colts both go up big and blow leads against two crappy teams. Really disappointing starts for those two. And now the Bears have come back against the Lions after looking dead. If/when we go back to normal, I'd say preseason games will not return.

That’s a lot of lost revenue for owners.

Can’t see it unless they get 18 games.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
That’s a lot of lost revenue for owners.

Can’t see it unless they get 18 games.

We'll see, I guess. The owners can always make up any lost revenue by fleecing the players association in the next CBA negotiations.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
`Eagles and Colts both go up big and blow leads against two crappy teams. Really disappointing starts for those two. And now the Bears have come back against the Lions after looking dead. If/when we go back to normal, I'd say preseason games will not return.

LOTS of survivor pools ruined already with Indy going down.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
We'll see, I guess. The owners can always make up any lost revenue by fleecing the players association in the next CBA negotiations.

They are unscrupulous billionaires, they already know they can play the weed card and fleece them over and over every CBA.

The NFLPA is like negotiating with Nasty Nate and the Squirrel Master from Half Baked...

Can’t see why they would ever give up all that ore-season revenue. Best I can see is getting their 18 game wish and they will slash the pre-season in half.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Doubt the owners would allow that to happen.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Brady is overrated at this point in his career...happy to see the Saints take advantage of him

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
i think plenty of people thought brady was washed so not sure he’s overrated just old and ever finicky/ reliant on perfect pocket. will be funny if pats make the playoffs and bucs draft a qb

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
i think plenty of people thought brady was washed so not sure he’s overrated just old and ever finicky/ reliant on perfect pocket. will be funny if pats make the playoffs and bucs draft a qb

It will only be funny to me when both Hoodie and Brady miss the playoffs and karma catches up to them.

Reactions: Andy99

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Well, Brady is underwhelming today overall, but the Saints are pretty big NFC favorites and only up one possession at home (whatever that’s worth this season) in the 4th quarter.

eh as I say that, Brady sacked on 3rd down.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Reactions: lastcupever75

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
I thought Burrow showed a fair amount of poise today; his two minute drive was extremely organized for a rookie in his first game. Overthrew Green in the end zone, and made a dumb mistake in the 4th. Despite all of that he still should have led the Bengals to OT. Cincy games may be interesting again soon.

Reactions: KIRK

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I almost feel bad for guys like Mayfield, Burrow, and Darnold. They have elite talent but are drafted into disfunctional organizations that waste their talent. Mayfield having 3 HC in 3 years is brutal.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
that athletic piece on ben's rehab is a great read, but how damn weird is a 4 man BEAR hunting group of ben, merril hoge, hoge's college roommate, and...james washington?! granted i know washingtons a bit of a cowboy, but still.

Reactions: KIRK

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
That's the best part about the entire DK Metcalf thing. They didn't have a 2nd because they picked up Bush.

That's not the argument. The argument is the Steelers were 3 picks away and Cardinals held the pick where Metcalf went and were looking to trade. Do I need to remind you Cardinals are Steelers West? Steelers were being stingy and made their one trade for the draft and apparently gave up for the rest of it looking at the draft picks.

All we can really do is hope Claypool is half the player Metcalf is.

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
That's not the argument. The argument is the Steelers were 3 picks away and Cardinals held the pick where Metcalf went and were looking to trade. Do I need to remind you Cardinals are Steelers West? Steelers were being stingy and made their one trade for the draft and apparently gave up for the rest of it looking at the draft picks.

All we can really do is hope Claypool is half the player Metcalf is.
well no one is even half the player Metcalf is

Reactions: USMC607 and KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad