OT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Good JuJu comes at a high price

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think the franchise tag was created specifically for players like Dupree. He was awful for his entire career until this past season. Under the franchise tag he can prove that he's not a fluke and work towards a big deal. If not then he's out of here. Low risk for the team and he still gets paid, albeit for one year.

Actually it was created to save you from losing your absolute best players to other teams willing to back up brinks trucks, but what you site certainly is a secondary benefit.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Dupree was decent two years ago but people still jumped on the trash him bandwagon. Then he clearly took it to another level last year. I honestly think the Steelers look at him as a liability off the field so they will never give him a lot of gtd. Even though you could argue double what he's gtd now and you could have probably signed him long term.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
Twyman opts out from playing this season at Pitt to prepare for NFL draft. Probably several more to follow. Should be a first rounder.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I don't think there will be an NFL season this year, so next year's draft will be even more of a crap shoot. It's a bad year for a rebuild.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Twyman opts out from playing this season at Pitt to prepare for NFL draft. Probably several more to follow. Should be a first rounder.

Figures the year would get cancelled when Pitt would have one of the best defenses in college football. I expect nothing less at this point.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I don't think there will be an NFL season this year, so next year's draft will be even more of a crap shoot. It's a bad year for a rebuild.

The NFL will definitely try to plow through this. Whether they'll be able to finish the season (or something resembling a complete season) is questionable, but they will definitely start the season.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
watching these highly paid college football coaches desperately try and maintain the status quo would be pretty funny if it werent so sick

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Claypool is receiving some props at camp. Our WR corps is a wildcard, but if Claypool can be even marginally productive, JuJu returns to form, Johnson takes a step forward, and Ebron gives us that safety valve/seam stretcher, it may not even matter who the RB is. This offense is going to be really good or really bad.

Reactions: domaug

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
All comes down to QB play.

Simple as that. Is Ben able to play at a high level and can he stay on the field?

If the answer is yes to both, we'll be in good shape.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
All comes down to QB play.

Simple as that. Is Ben able to play at a high level and can he stay on the field?

If the answer is yes to both, we'll be in good shape.

true, however, I would add the O line...have to hold up in pass protection and work together in the run game...otherwise, Ben will be ineffective or injured again...

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Ben has a lot of weapons. I’m not worried about this season. We’re a sleeper for sure if Ben is similar to 2018 form. Even slightly worse Ben still makes us a dark horse contender.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
if johnson takes another step forward and claypool contributes immediately and edmunds establishes himself as an above average starter when all the while tomlin doesnt seem quite as inept versus brady-less pats...

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Lawrence is definitely going #1, but I hope if we flounder we’d be able to get Fields with a top 10 pick. Realistically I see both QBs going #1/2.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I bet this has more to do with freeing up money for Lamar and Andrews than it does ET being THAT big of a distraction. I don’t doubt his teammates hate him, but this seems more like an opportunistic means of unlocking more cap space.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
Baltimore's depth is questionable at best without Thomas so I think it would be a great move to rid themselves of him

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Ravens are still going to come out of this one smelling like roses. Incredibly well-run franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia