OT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Good JuJu comes at a high price

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
True. Yeah, the social media presence of these players sure does provide ammo for all the sports talking heads to mouth off about them. Like at least he ignores haters, but Juju’s recent TikTok video was just ridiculous. Then Banner, he needs to just stop - he isn’t going to win some twitter feud against Madden.

Madden conveniently has allegiance to only 2 incredibly and recently successful teams in the Penguins and Liverpool while not only claiming he doesn’t root for the Steelers/Pirates, but neither franchise (especially the Pirates) has had much recent success and that is 2 huge rosters of players for him to mouth off and talk **** about. And it only benefits him to do so. Convenient.
Steelers are the 2nd or 3rd most successful franchise in the last 20 years. Madden shits on them because they employed A-holes and criminals like AB and Martavis. Sure, sometimes he has odd biases like his obsession with Ben or his blind hatred for Hines Ward and Ryan Clark.

But I'd be lying if I didn't love every time he shits on the Pirates. They deserve every word.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Steelers are the 2nd or 3rd most successful franchise in the last 20 years. Madden shits on them because they employed A-holes and criminals like AB and Martavis. Sure, sometimes he has odd biases like his obsession with Ben or his blind hatred for Hines Ward and Ryan Clark.

But I'd be lying if I didn't love every time he shits on the Pirates. They deserve every word.
This is fair, apparently the Hines Ward thing was personal back in the day but he appreciates Hines more now and same with Ryan Clark, he’s said he likes him on ESPN.

Can’t argue with the Pirates... most of us have really soured on them for good reason.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Anyone read about that Dana Stubblefield thing? How does someone that does that, only be on the hook for possibly 15yrs? That deeply saddens and angers me.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
This is fair, apparently the Hines Ward thing was personal back in the day but he appreciates Hines more now and same with Ryan Clark, he’s said he likes him on ESPN.

Can’t argue with the Pirates... most of us have really soured on them for good reason.
To be honest I don't understand how anyone under the age of 50 can watch baseball, period. Even if the Pirates were good.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone read about that Dana Stubblefield thing? How does someone that does that, only be on the hook for possibly 15yrs? That deeply saddens and angers me.

I never even heard about it until you mentioned it, and it's not like I don't follow things in the world. There's a special place in hell reserved for a POS who does what he did. ****.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I never even heard about it until you mentioned it, and it's not like I don't follow things in the world. There's a special place in hell reserved for a POS who does what he did. ****.

It's disturbing, it's disgusting to think someone could do something like that and then act like it was consensual.

Reactions: KIRK

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Since we can’t afford Dupree and Hilton I am they are shopping them for draft capital. I would take the Seattle 1St the jets have for Bud. They have no pass rushers. Do the colts want to move another 1st for a pash rusher. Hilton I am sure I can get a 3rd and 5th for. Using the cap save from Dupree you can lock up the bulk of your other FA minus JUJU. Let’s just sign TJ 5 year extension now . 100 million guaranteed better than Garrett and Bosa.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Since we can’t afford Dupree and Hilton I am they are shopping them for draft capital. I would take the Seattle 1St the jets have for Bud. They have no pass rushers. Do the colts want to move another 1st for a pash rusher. Hilton I am sure I can get a 3rd and 5th for. Using the cap save from Dupree you can lock up the bulk of your other FA minus JUJU. Let’s just sign TJ 5 year extension now . 100 million guaranteed better than Garrett and Bosa.

Dupree and Hilton are two very different tax brackets (not to mention one's a sort of higher end starter and one's a 3rd or 4th CB).

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
And that’s with or without being on a team. I feel like it should be as soon as he signs somewhere.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

Bud Dupree being traded for a 1st round pick.... best joke I’ve seen in a long time

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Bud Dupree being traded for a 1st round pick.... best joke I’ve seen in a long time
You do know someone is going to pay him In the offseason pass rushers get paid. ZaDarus Smith has 8 sacks in bmore before getting 66/4 from Green Bay Preston smith had 4 sacks in Washington before getting paid

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Jordan Jenkins lead the jets in sacks Last year with 8 they just traded the 2 leading sack player to Seattle. You figure that Seattle is going to be a playoff team so it’s a pick in the 20s if I can solve a major issue we have with a proven OlB coming off double the amount of sacks I got from the Safety I moved for that pick I would do it.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
If Juju comes down with COVID, I wouldn’t be shocked. Hope not though, hope he has a huge season.

Did we just completely retire the Pittsburgh media thread btw?

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
No one is going to offer much of value for two upcoming UFA's in Hilton and Dupree. The latter of which will be asking for a major contract, and whose production will be dependent on lining up opposite a top 5 all-pro player.

The window for a SB is give or take 2 seasons with Ben. I don't see any point shipping off useful players for draft picks. It's best to enjoy whatever this ride will give us and assume several players will be gone, including probably Juju. Let's hope for a successful draft class and a promising showing from Justin Layne. Steelers most useful draft capital will come from comp picks.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Dupree is getting paid and teams pay for pass rushers. Buckner got traded with less of a track record and at a less premium position for a 1st. I would rather trade him and his cap to resign all the FA. I think they have a longer window than 2 years.
Hilton is a top flight NB they get 9 million a year.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I am not so sure about JUju him going back to the slot actually brings his demands down he is young enough for a 2 year 20 contract

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
Dupree is getting paid and teams pay for pass rushers. Buckner got traded with less of a track record and at a less premium position for a 1st. I would rather trade him and his cap to resign all the FA. I think they have a longer window than 2 years.

Dupree is franchise tagged and 15,828,000 in dead cap. They will not save any money by trading him so might as well hope he goes off for another 11 sacks or more.

With regards to Buckner, I do not see how he is a relevant example. They play different positions, and Buckner can actually play several. Dupree is a solely a linebacker. Buckner traded with less of a track record? He recorded 12 sacks his third season. It took Dupree 5 seasons to record 11.5

Juju taking a 2 for 20m contract seems like a fantasy. He can easily get $$$$ from Washington who missed out on Amari Cooper for example.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

Bud Dupree has sucked his entire NFL career and only finally produced in his contract season while playing across from a guy who should have probably won DPOY... no team would trade a 1st round pick for that player... not a single team

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Dupree had a strong year last year. I don't care what anyone says. Prior to that? Yeah, a bum. He won't be back. Hopefully he produces a big year and then some other team can overpay for his ass.

Watt obviously helps Dupree significantly but there have been plenty of players in the NFL who've lined up across from a STUD while accomplishing jack and shit.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I think the franchise tag was created specifically for players like Dupree. He was awful for his entire career until this past season. Under the franchise tag he can prove that he's not a fluke and work towards a big deal. If not then he's out of here. Low risk for the team and he still gets paid, albeit for one year.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad