OT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Good JuJu comes at a high price

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
feels like any news like that always comes from the raiders making me think the other owners have to hate that guy lol

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
feels like any news like that always comes from the raiders making me think the other owners have to hate that guy lol

If only for the hairdo . . .

upload_2020-7-21_15-16-55.jpeg

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003

Billionaire pro sports owners are generally pretty loathsome. I imagine that they have to hate each other.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
Billionaire pro sports owners are generally pretty loathsome. I imagine that they have to hate each other.
would say that the weirdo seeming son of a famously iconoclastic adversarial father might go out of his way to play that up though. a lot of these billionaires are friendly because lets face their potential social circles are rather limited.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
would say that the weirdo seeming son of a famously iconoclastic adversarial father might go out of his way to play that up though. a lot of these billionaires are friendly because lets face their potential social circles are rather limited.

Relatively speaking, Davis is a pauper. His father never owned the whole team. He doesn't own the whole team. And pretty much all of his net worth is his portion of the team.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Relatively speaking, Davis is a pauper. His father never owned the whole team. He doesn't own the whole team. And pretty much all of his net worth is his portion of the team.

I'm not sure if this explains the haircut. They let him keep the bowl afterwards, right?

Reactions: Crafton and KIRK

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
From Wiki....some paraphrasing too:

PIAA State Champion at Johnstown, who did not have a wrestling team, did not wrestle during the regular season, and apparently only wrestled in the playoffs

He is the only person to win six NCAA titles in wrestling, three times in Division II and three times in Division I. His Three-Peat of Division II & Division I NCAA National Championships were won in (1987, 1988, 1989). All six championships were won for Pitt–Johnstown.[2]

He won 3rd place in the D2 tournament his freshman year.

Haselrig never played a down of football in college.
Haselrig then moved on to professional football, where he played five seasons in the NFL, becoming a Pro Bowl and All-Pro offensive guard in 1992.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So... The Washington Football Team, eh?

Can they just keep it as that, please? Team is so pathetic and generic they might as well have the name to match.

I want to know where I can buy an official jersey, because I couldn't find a tab titled PATHETIC or GENERIC on the NFL shop website. :D

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Am I the only one that actually kind of likes the 'Washington Football Team' name? It's so generic that it's unique. It's better than the Texans or Panthers or Senators or whatever bullshit name they will come up with.

Reactions: KIRK

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
So cap is going down over 20 million next season. We have some real tough decisions to make.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
So cap is going down over 20 million next season. We have some real tough decisions to make.
I know steelers have been habitual can kickers but isn’t just about everyone going to be really hurt by this? At least “contenders?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad