OT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Good JuJu comes at a high price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
That was what you were talking about? That happens every day in every massage parlor, around the world. I thought you meant he killed a guy or something.

Regardless, it's still illegal and the NFL and media did everything they could to sweep it under the rug. It would be beyond hypocritical if they tried to force Snyder to sell.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I don't want to say this story about Washington is a dud due to the nature of the accusations, but considering all the rumors leading up to the story's release and how it could implicate Snyder himself, it fell short of the hype. There were rumors about how this story was going to reveal that Snyder was somehow connected with some of the Epstein stuff.

Kraft himself actually DID do something illegal and really sick, but that got swept right under the rug as soon as possible by both the NFL and the national media.

I missed the rumors leading up to the story, but from what I read yesterday, if true, the women would seem to have viable title vii cases. Yeah the details weren’t all that lurid, but the team will likely pay out to settle these claims. So no, it didn’t sound like there were criminal activities as in Kraft’s case, but the team still faces civil liability.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I missed the rumors leading up to the story, but from what I read yesterday, if true, the women would seem to have viable title vii cases. Yeah the details weren’t all that lurid, but the team will likely pay out to settle these claims. So no, it didn’t sound like there were criminal activities as in Kraft’s case, but the team still faces civil liability.

Oh for sure. I just think the idea that Snyder will be forced to sell after this is laughable.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Regardless, it's still illegal and the NFL and media did everything they could to sweep it under the rug. It would be beyond hypocritical if they tried to force Snyder to sell.

IIRC, there were also suggestions that human trafficking was involved, but those rumors, like the whole story, was quashed pretty quickly.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003

That got reported on widely. He's a rich guy with expensive lawyers. Kraft (and the spa owner) are politically connected, too. Less of a media issue than a corruption issue.

Snyder won't* be forced to sell because the league is letting the team hire their own lawyer to do the investigation.

*Although, if anything serious comes out of the allegations of pimping out cheerleaders and Snyder had knowledge, I could see the argument being "Snyder was a pimp, Kraft was a john...that's different" that NFL and garbage Patriots fans (redundant) would use.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

I agree that considering the allegations Snyder is a swarmy dude and allowed this to happen

But I'm not sure if we're supposed to believe all women or not. So much back and forth on this :laugh:

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I agree that considering the allegations Snyder is a swarmy dude and allowed this to happen

But I'm not sure if we're supposed to believe all women or not. So much back and forth on this :laugh:

The original requirement of absolute belief now appears to be qualified somewhat. Still, from what I read, I suspect the team will settle and demand pretty onerous NDAs in exchange.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That got reported on widely. He's a rich guy with expensive lawyers. Kraft (and the spa owner) are politically connected, too. Less of a media issue than a corruption issue.

Snyder won't* be forced to sell because the league is letting the team hire their own lawyer to do the investigation.

*Although, if anything serious comes out of the allegations of pimping out cheerleaders and Snyder had knowledge, I could see the argument being "Snyder was a pimp, Kraft was a john...that's different" that NFL and garbage Patriots fans (redundant) would use.

Was listening to NFL radio interview the Post reporter. Consensus pretty much was that the only way Snyder is forced to sell the team is if it's demonstrated that he personally was involved in something so depraved that the league has no choice but to force a sale.

Reading between the lines, to me that seems to mean 'if the wildest rumors floating out there somehow could be substantiated'.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pretty much exactly how I feel. How do you get people to feel for you and support your cause when you are being openly racist/intolerant towards anyone that isn’t black?

work together, man. That’s the only way you accomplish anything.
The worst is this article I read that replies to Kareems call out and she goes on about how no one wants to say anything because it could undermine the movement. Which is ridiculous and stupid. So it's ok to say racist shit because they're fighting racism right now? You want us to be equal but also be treated special when we say shit we would try to end someone's career for if they said it and weren't black. That's hypocrisy. Let me find that article and I'll post it.

Reactions: The Old Master

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
A seeming lack of considerable outrage from Black people over recent high-profile, anti-Semitic controversies stems from the desire to not be accused of "undermining and undercutting" the current racial justice movement, journalist Jemele Hill said.
Jemele Hill says muted outrage over recent anti-Semitic controversies may be rooted in not wanting to undermine racial justice movement

Which is just like...ok so these idiots said some racist stuff. Not calling them out on their racist is because they don't want to undermine the racial justice movement. Does she hear herself?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Jemele Hill says muted outrage over recent anti-Semitic controversies may be rooted in not wanting to undermine racial justice movement

Which is just like...ok so these idiots said some racist stuff. Not calling them out on their racist is because they don't want to undermine the racial justice movement. Does she hear herself?

She has a point. I noticed in the Nick Cannon situation. He said what he said and everybody on Twitter was defending him. People you never heard or probably educated in the subject had strong opinions. Very few people checked Nick Canon. Honestly he would have probably been better off for it because Twitter pumped gas in him he ran around all tough for a day then apologized. Then everybody turned on him for apologizing.

I'm not educated enough in the premise of his argument to say he's right or wrong. Just seems weird how this movement has shifted into we are the real Jewish people. Lets say he's right and they do own and control a lot of stuff like media. They were obviously on your side it's all that's been trending on Twitter for months. Media talking about it nonstop. You'd want them as allies not enemies. Now they are probably like look try to help them out give them a voice and they try coming for our stuff. Just seems like a weird fight to have in 2020.

This is why I've been saying from the beginning. Need real leaders with one voice. Not a million Twitter social media activist. They are so quick to bash people like Terry Crews, Lil Wayne, and Lupe like they didn't grow up with the same struggles. Can't even have a conversation anymore. It's agree with my line of thought or your a racist.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
She has a point. I noticed in the Nick Cannon situation. He said what he said and everybody on Twitter was defending him. People you never heard or probably educated in the subject had strong opinions. Very few people checked Nick Canon. Honestly he would have probably been better off for it because Twitter pumped gas in him he ran around all tough for a day then apologized. Then everybody turned on him for apologizing.

I'm not educated enough in the premise of his argument to say he's right or wrong. Just seems weird how this movement has shifted into we are the real Jewish people. Lets say he's right and they do own and control a lot of stuff like media. They were obviously on your side it's all that's been trending on Twitter for months. Media talking about it nonstop. You'd want them as allies not enemies. Now they are probably like look try to help them out give them a voice and they try coming for our stuff. Just seems like a weird fight to have in 2020.

This is why I've been saying from the beginning. Need real leaders with one voice. Not a million Twitter social media activist. They are so quick to bash people like Terry Crews, Lil Wayne, and Lupe like they didn't grow up with the same struggles. Can't even have a conversation anymore. It's agree with my line of thought or your a racist.
The attack on Terry Crews angered me the most. He pointed out the hypocrisy in our movement with the violence and those that are acting like they need to militarize.

Don Lemon some how appointed himself as our defacto leader somehow and went off on him. What a tosser the way he treated Terry.

Philly should have made an example out of DeSean though. Regardless of how they acted in the past I would have said something like "In the past we were tone deaf and reacted poorly and didn't hand out the type of punishment for what so and so said. But that doesn't mean that bar is set. We're constantly learning and DeSean needs to know in the current climate of everything, this is incredibly tone deaf and insensitive towards another group of people that have also struggled. We will be suspending DeSean without pay for 6 games and sending him to councilling."

Or some shit like that and then post a bunch of links towards black lives matter movements and Jewish movements that educate people on the atrocities they've suffered as well.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
In 2020, those who preach acceptance and freedom of thought only do so when you agree with them.

I'm not sure this is new to 2020 so much as 2020 has cast aside all pretenses otherwise.

Either way, it's sad.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
When reality sinks in.

But I am sure not before he tries and create more drama in the coming year or two. I wonder how long that will last until no one cares anymore?

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad