GDT: The Pittsburgher Drama Thread: Steeler Season - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Researches reveal the recent discovery of the neurovirus Bylsma-Nutting that is said to render inept anyone running a professional sports franchise in Pittsburgh. Many fear this virus was responsible for the long ineptitude of sports franchises in Cleveland.

So far, only Kevin Colbert appears immune, giving hope for possible immunities and future vaccines.

Last edited:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The really unfortunate thing is that this Steelers team during Mike Tomlin's tenure, just by my quick count, should have had at least 3 trips to the Super Bowl and won at the very least 1 more had there been a different coach who didn't allow the team be unprepared and undisciplined. If you can't make it with a top 5 QB, WR, and RB you have some real f***in issues.

Rooney is too much of a p***y to do anything though. His grandfather would be ashamed and his old man is probably rolling around in his grave.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Researches reveal the recent discovery of the neurovirus Bylsma-Nutting that is said to render inept anyone running a professional sports franchise in Pittsburgh. Many fear this virus was responsible for the long ineptitude of sports franchises in Cleveland.

So far, only Kevin Colbert appears immune, giving hope for possible immunities and future vaccines.

The Steelers front office and coaching staff is like a band of guys who look at each other and say, "Listen, let's just not suck enough." None of them do anything, no one is held accountable, they all make millions, and the fans continuously get disappointed.

Reactions: John Titor

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Giants claim Tuzar Skipper off waivers

I knew cutting him for Holton was a mistake...

Friggin amazing. Who knows if Skipper ever becomes a star, but he was definitley a better prospect than about 8 other guys on the roster.

When they dump Chickillo and Dupree at the end of the season, they will once again have to scramble for an OLB.

What dumpster fire this organization is, all starts with Mr. Mealy mouth, golden spoon Art... the guy who's big innovation was Steely McBeam....

clap: I'm out on the rest of season.

Reactions: Andy99

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
giphy.gif

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Friggin amazing. Who knows if Skipper ever becomes a star, but he was definitley a better prospect than about 8 other guys on the roster.

When they dump Chickillo and Dupree at the end of the season, they will once again have to scramble for an OLB.

What dumpster fire this organization is, all starts with Mr. Mealy mouth, golden spoon Art... the guy who's big innovation was Steely McBeam....

clap: I'm out on the rest of season.

You were all positive a few days ago, can’t start staring at dark clouds kid.

I’m sure things will get better, and the season will be fun. Just expect to be Tomlined by the end and you won’t get pissed.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
There actually is too much talent on this team for that to be true.

I do admit that the melt down over a result that all of us expected is likely a bit much. Oh the score was more than most expected but no one expected the Steelers to win.

I got the impression that the Pats did not even try all that much when they saw it was the Steelers, just half-assed it and threw in some wrinkles because it had become boring outcoaching them all the time.

The fact that they kept passing late into the game, and inexplicably kept Brady in (that really could have bit them in the rear) passing for TDs late into the game showed you how little they respected the Steelers or locker room material. They know that there is zero chance of payback even if the Steelers make the playoffs. They also knew that they would roll over and take it. I doubt that they do that against even lowly Miami. Miami has a tendency to beat them even in down years and would go after Brady.
It's pathetic honestly

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It's crazy how they have one of the best QBs ever and ge takes pay cut after pay cut
(I know his wife makes up for it) to help the team. But crazier that the rest of the players follow suit.

That team is just filled with tons of players making less than they could in UFA just to win. They even take malcontents and get them to take less and act accordingly.

And if they lose people to injury or UFA it's just plug and play for the next man up. Its crazy...

This should be the case frequently in professional sports, but it is filled with greedy people who don't care about the team and only want the money. How many millions of dollars do you need?

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
You were all positive a few days ago, can’t start staring at dark clouds kid.

I’m sure things will get better, and the season will be fun. Just expect to be Tomlined by the end and you won’t get pissed.

I'm not so sure this time..... The team has been on a slow and steady decline since it became Tomlin's roster. Looking at the schedule, this could get ugly real quick.

But sadly you'll probably be correct, Tomlin will win just enough to justify Mealy Mouth Art keeping him.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
This should be the case frequently in professional sports, but it is filled with greedy sociopaths. How many millions of dollars do you need?

This happened once upon a time ago with the 49er's, until a real commissioner caught him and forced Debartolo out of league.

Buckner told me first hand that he was paid under the table by the Niners.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Outside of Bush, the 2 most dynamic rookies I saw were Spencer and Skipper. I could see both of them helping the team this season if given the chance.

Instead we had SWITZER returning kicks....

and Chickillo looking like.................................CHICKILLO on something like 40 snaps last night.

If the Pats weren't such cheaters and abhorrent, I might actually have switched my fandom.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
How do you trade a desperate team a QB for not even the round of pick you used to draft him? Baffling to me.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Looking forward to Gronkowski returning just to make them that little bit better

Pats win their 7th Super Bowl to pass the Steelers and AB is standing on the podium thanking us while we sit home for the 2nd consecutive season and nothing major changes.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
The Steelers front office and coaching staff is like a band of guys who look at each other and say, "Listen, let's just not suck enough." None of them do anything, no one is held accountable, they all make millions, and the fans continuously get disappointed.
This is how I felt about the Pens during the end of the Bylsma era. The consecutive sellouts continued despite constant underachieving, Mario and crew were raking in the dough, and it seemed as thought nobody cared about winning.

This has now been the Steelers since Tomlin’s arrival.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
This should be the case frequently in professional sports, but it is filled with greedy people who don't care about the team and only want the money. How many millions of dollars do you need?
But they all whine that the owners and the commissioners are greedy and they just want a bigger slice of the pie. No different than anything in today’s society, redistribute more to ME is the name of the game.

AB and Bell are prime recent examples, as are Elliott and Gordon as well.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Looking forward to Gronkowski returning just to make them that little bit better
No doubt. He’ll start getting back into shape in a December and be bulked back up by the divisional round after the Pats’ first round bye. Brady will then have AB, Gordon, Edelman, Gronk, Dorsett, White AB’s Michel out of the backfield, AND Demariyus Thomas...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
But they all whine that the owners and the commissioners are greedy and they just want a bigger slice of the pie. No different than anything in today’s society, redistribute more to ME is the name of the game.

AB and Bell are prime recent examples, as are Elliott and Gordon as well.

Also these people don't know how to think for themselves and have absolutely no clue how to take care of their earnings. Most have the mentality of fourth graders and it seems that a lot of them are severely lacking actual education.

I know it is not sports related (and lets not dig deeper into this disgusting human beings goings on - please), but R Kelly is illiterate. Guy is a millionaire (or was or whatever), broke now or not he was a millionaire and could not read. wtf.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
No doubt. He’ll start getting back into shape in a December and be bulked back up by the divisional round after the Pats’ first round bye. Brady will then have AB, Gordon, Edelman, Gronk, Dorsett, White AB’s Michel out of the backfield, AND Demariyus Thomas...
That will be incredible to watch.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'm not so sure this time..... The team has been on a slow and steady decline since it became Tomlin's roster. Looking at the schedule, this could get ugly real quick.

But sadly you'll probably be correct, Tomlin will win just enough to justify Mealy Mouth Art keeping him.

We all knew this org wasn’t winning another SB once Tomlin was stupidly kept on. So honestly, it’s not like the loss last night means it’s some big hit to their “shot” to win a SB.

Yesterday was a loss the moment the schedule came out. It was a worst case scenario that Rooney never should have allowed to happen TBTH.

This team has a lot of new faces and needs time to gel, so this among the obvious reasons is why I said don’t watch last nights game because it will be a mud stomping.

Season starts Sunday. Whatever happens, happens. But again, not like they ever have a real chance to win a SB with clown shoes in charge. No reason to freak over losses.

Last edited:
Reactions: KIRK

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Don’t worry guys, I’m sure this was all part of Tomlin’s master plan to sandbag it, make the Pats feel invincible, and then run them out of the building in the AFC Championship game.

Yep, Mikey T on another level of mind games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad