GDT: The Pittsburgher Drama Thread: Steeler Season - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
So they signed Hodges to the practice squad.

And signed Elliot to the 53 man roster?

Then why even let Skipper go.

LOL... because they tried to be smarter than everyone else and it backfired. It's scary how similar the Pirates and Steelers Front Office both have the same arrogance/ignorance. It must come from job security.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
When I start reading the stories about Malkin and Sid and the Pens organization, it just renews my disappointment and frustration with the Steelers rn...I don’t think I’ll be following or invested at all in the Steelers this year unless things change drastically...

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
When I start reading the stories about Malkin and Sid and the Pens organization, it just renews my disappointment and frustration with the Steelers rn...I don’t think I’ll be following or invested at all in the Steelers this year unless things change drastically...

From everything I've seen and heard about BR over the years... Crosby has more leadership and ability to inspire in his neck goiter thing from years ago than BR has in his whole body.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

I truly think I'm checking out emotionally until Tomlin & Co. are let go in 4 years.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
just because ab and bell were nearly impossible to deal with doesnt mean that without them ben is a good leader. he might have matured from maniacal entitled manbaby status, but hes still the sort of person that seems to be waging psychological warfare on james washington for instance

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Anyone watching or listening to Mikey’s press conference?

Same old shit. He studied the cliche book hard last night and is projectile vomiting the same garbage as always.

“Division of labor, get a hat, obviously, hat on hat, defending blades of grass, obviously, stadium football, let participation be our guide, obviously, varsity, if you will, obviously”...

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Same old ****. He studied the cliche book hard last night and is projectile vomiting the same garbage as always.

“Division of labor, get a hat, obviously, hat on hat, defending blades of grass, obviously, stadium football, let participation be our guide, obviously, varsity, if you will, obviously”...

The media didn't dare to ask one challenging question.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Same old ****. He studied the cliche book hard last night and is projectile vomiting the same garbage as always.

upload_2019-9-10_12-35-39.jpeg

Reactions: KIRK

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The "Men didn't show up"
"We appreciate the situation that we're in"
The "obviously we need to be able to score touchdowns"
We 'accept that we need to get better"
"Man, that's just baseball"
"that's popcorn"......
"we need to unleash hell"
"We have to swallow this pill ...obviously"

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The "Men didn't show up"
We "appreciate the situation that we're in"
The "obviously we need to be able to score touchdowns"
We 'accept that we need to get better"
"Man, that's just baseball"
"that's popcorn"......
"we need to unleash hell"
"We have to swallow this pill ...obviously"

Ten for Tomlin: Tomlinisms

No 'The Standard is the Standard?' I am seriously disappointed.

10forMTtomlinisms.jpg

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
It’s pathetic, but Tomlin got the job essentially because he is excellent speaking a bunch of words while not saying anything. Too many people get so enamored with it and can’t see that he’s a fraud.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
It’s pathetic, but Tomlin got the job essentially because he is excellent speaking a bunch of words while not saying anything. Too many people get so enamored with it and can’t see that he’s a fraud.
thats beginning to turn around, but the owner is also an entitled fraud who embarrasses the memory of father and grandfather

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Tomlin isn’t an Xs and Os guy, he cheerleads and lets his gut make the decisions. Problem is that his gut is terrible.

He’ll get super conservative when the situation calls for taking chances and pushing the envelope and then he’ll take big risks in low probability of success situations. Terrible game manager with no feel for the game.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
also the patriots seem to find players that know this is a business and perform accordingly without needing a cheerleader to motivate them to do that

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
The one standout benefit regarding the Steelers' obsession with long-tenured coaches in this whole fiasco with Tomlin still being here, is that should they ever do the unthinkable and let him go, they should have a line around the block waiting for interviews from the best qualified candidates available considering anyone who's anyone, even in a current cushy position should be looking at a potential Steelers head coach opening as a guaranteed blank check for at least a decade.

It's practically what the Raiders just gave Gruden without the guaranteed money, their reputation alone exudes job security to any prospective coach who would need a complete teardown to implement their vision. If they ever did do so I would prefer everyone in the front office get the boot as well, get a fresh modern perspective in every aspect of the team going forward, no more hanger-ons from a bygone era.

Trying to see the silver lining here.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The one standout benefit about the Steelers' obsession with long tenured coaches in this whole fiasco regarding Tomlin still being here, is that should they ever do the unthinkable and let him go, they should have a line around the block waiting for interviews from the best qualified candidates available considering anyone who's anyone in a current cushy position should be looking at a potential Steelers head coach opening as a guaranteed blank check for at least a decade.

It's practically what the Raiders just gave Gruden without the guaranteed money, their reputation alone exudes job security to any prospective coach who would need a complete teardown to implement their vision. If they ever did do so I would prefer everyone in the front office get the boot as well, get a fresh modern perspective in every aspect of the team going forward, no more hanger-ons from a bygone era.

Trying to see the silver lining here.

You would think so, but.... Their finalists for the last time the job was open were Russ Grimm, Ron Rivera and Mike Tomling....

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Tomlin isn’t an Xs and Os guy, he cheerleads and lets his gut make the decisions. Problem is that his gut is terrible.

He’ll get super conservative when the situation calls for taking chances and pushing the envelope and then he’ll take big risks in low probability of success situations. Terrible game manager with no feel for the game.

His gut is filled with rancid bacteria that are antibiotic-resistant

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
You would think so, but.... Their finalists for the last time the job was open were Russ Grimm, Ron Rivera and Mike Tomling....

The one semi-optimistic retort I can muster is that Cowher's "retirement" was somewhat sudden, just over a year after coaching a team to a Super Bowl.

Not much time for a prospective candidate currently hired somewhere else thinking about their future to plan for a potential upcoming opportunity in a Steelers coaching vacancy, like their hopefully would be should this year turn sour in a hurry.

Though either way, the quality or lack there of of potential candidates would give us a pretty definitive idea of what their peer's opinions about the organization really are. Whether or not their reputation for patience with coaches is tainted at all by their current out-dated philosophies.

So kind of a win/win? I dunno.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
come on jiggy, don't hold back. let us know what you really think.

I’ll reveal my inner most thoughts since I’m so shy about writing what I feel.. just this once though...

Steelers have a clown named Jackie Chilli coaching their team and he tries to use big words and phrases to make it appear he has higher intelligence than those he’s speaking to... but all it really is, is podium diarrhea from a fraud with a forked tongue.

The only person he seems to be fooling these days is the owner, but I guess that’s the guy he needs to keep duping.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I’ll reveal my inner most thoughts since I’m so shy about writing what I feel.. just this once though...

Steelers have a clown named Jackie Chilli coaching their team and he tries to use big words and phrases to make it appear he has higher intelligence than those he’s speaking to... but all it really is, is podium diarrhea from a fraud with a forked tongue.

The only person he seems to be fooling these days is the owner, but I guess that’s the guy he needs to keep duping.
867975010.jpg.0.jpg

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh

Have Ron Rivera or Russ Grimm had Ben Roethlisberger.....

One other thing. Mike Tomlin was a great hire early in his career. He had great coordinators that could come with a game plan and he just had to rally the troops. I believe where they have failed is at hiring the right coordinators to place under Tomlin since that time.

Butler was a legacy hire when they should have looked outside the organization. Same with Fitchner. They desperately need to look outside the organization for some fresh ideas on both sides of the ball.

All you have to do is look at how none of the Steelers assistant coaches are getting calls to come for head coaching interviews.

Reactions: KIRK and Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad