GDT: The Pittsburgher Drama Thread: Steeler Season - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I had a thought, call it a moment of clarity regarding last night.

I think the AB signing wrecked that team last night. It sure as hell screwed with the fanbase, I'm betting it had the same effect on the team. Tomlin is an emotional leader, as is Ben. They were sapped, their wife left them, only to go into the arms of their biggest rival. I believe that's what you saw last night.

We'll know as soon as next week if this was the case. I still wish Tomlin and staff were let go years ago, but last night may prove not to be as bad as it seemed.

I don’t disagree but it sure as hell isn’t a valid excuse.

No doubt that the whole AB shit show culminated in him signing with the Pats just over 24 hours before the game. More 4D chess mind games from Bellichick to f*** with the Steelers heads and it worked like a charm.

Reactions: John Titor

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I don’t disagree but it sure as hell isn’t a valid excuse.

No doubt that the whole AB **** show culminated in him signing with the Pats just over 24 hours before the game. More 4D chess mind games from Bellichick to **** with the Steelers heads and it worked like a charm.

Oh I didn't mean it as an excuse. Tomlin leads by emotion, not X & O's.....just an explanation on why it was THAT bad last night.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Another note.

Dupree needs sat. He is and always has been a non factor.

A relative rookie who was out all last yr with a blown out Achilles didnt let him get a whiff of Brady.

All they had to do was double team or chip Watt and that was it for the pressure unless the Dline pressed. But Butler doesnt like the Dline pressuring he likes them clogging run lanes even tho they all are good pass rushers.
Dud Bupree made $530,000 last night!

Reactions: Pengwins

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Oh I didn't mean it as an excuse. Tomlin leads by emotion, not X & O's.....just an explanation on why it was THAT bad last night.
Agree on the Tomlin assessment. The dude can’t gameplan or scheme to save his life. He just relies on his players to go out and play sandlot football and slap them on the the ass every time they come to the sideline.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ok, I admit I don't know the numbers. So are we to assume he will make more this year with the Pats than he would have with either the Raiders or Steelers?

Not more if he plays—the same—but he gets paid most of it upfront...he doesn’t have to wait week to week

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Tomlin is always “easing” into games and seasons and it is truly infuriating , especially with a schedule like the Steelers have this year. They can’t afford to stumble and bumble around and hope to hit some sort of stride by week 4 or 5, they needed to be in point from the opening kickoff.

Meanwhile, the Pats are guaranteed 6 wins and a division title and will be sitting at 8-0 by mid season. They looked like they were just going through the motions last night, as if they were scrimmaging some local Boston high school team. They didn’t even break a sweat or have to come up with new schemes and plays, they just dusted off the old shit from the last 20 years and smacked Mikey T right in the face with it. Bellichick’s brain didn’t even have to operate at 50% to easily mop the field with this sorry excuse for a team.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
That fifth rounder can at least be ammunition for a WR2 upgrade come the deadline if needed.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I would love for someone to go to the league with proof of collusion on the AB to Patriots move. Alas that won't happen. In reality though there's no point wasting time on them, they'll make the play-offs no matter.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
from ppg:

● Should the Steelers have traded Brown to the Patriots?
Absolutely, if Chris Mortensen’s ESPN report is accurate. Mortensen reported the Patriots offered a first-round pick when the Steelers put Brown on the block. Granted, that would have been the last pick of the first round, but you always take the better deal. Can’t live in your fears.

Agreed we could have still used our 2nd to move up for Bush and then had a 2nd 1st rounder.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Dobbs sucks. They took a shot with a 4th rounder and missed. It happens. They're lucky to recoup anything.

Part of me wants to say who cares about last night, we were all expecting to lose, but that was baaaaaad. I thought they'd have a chip on their shoulder with the AB and Bell shit, but they looked dead.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Rooney needs to grow some balls and can Tomlin. If they’re sitting like 2-6 at mid-season, it should be easy.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I still laugh at people who think Ben is going to play into his 40s.

This franchise is toast as long as Tomlin is coaching. But I think it goes all the way up to Rooney, sadly.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Rooney needs to grow some balls and can Tomlin. If they’re sitting like 2-6 at mid-season, it should be easy.
Not gonna happen. Even if they are 0-8. And even if they finish below .500, there’s a high likelyhood that he is extended again...

They’ll roll out all kinds of excuses for the poor performance.

Loss of AB and Bell.

Bunch of new guys “learning the system”.

Tough schedule.

The guy has job security like no other.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
pretty high risk of ending up with the next adam gase instead of sean mcvay

If Adam Gase had tomlin's roster/organziation at the time of his hiring, i'm not sure the steelers seasons/record would look all that much different perhaps better. I mean if he can do simple arithmetic or willing to hire someone to manage the clock for him he'd gain 1-2 wins a year.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
For anyone thinking it was going to happen the NFL will not investigate tampering or collusion between ABs agent and the Patriots.

So they have moved on to Raiders filing charges on AB for releasing private phone recording to the public between him and Gruden.

Apparently in Cali that is a no no. But I wont hold my breath that will get tossed out of court real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad