GDT: The Pittsburgher Drama Thread: Steeler Season - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I’ll reveal my inner most thoughts since I’m so shy about writing what I feel.. just this once though...

Steelers have a clown named Jackie Chilli coaching their team and he tries to use big words and phrases to make it appear he has higher intelligence than those he’s speaking to... but all it really is, is podium diarrhea from a fraud with a forked tongue.

The only person he seems to be fooling these days is the owner, but I guess that’s the guy he needs to keep duping.
that's it.... feel better now?:laugh:

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I’m sorry but....hilarious

Been saying this exact thing for years but guys like Fatty McLardy get all bent out of shape when you highlight it.

For nearly 2 decades the Patriots offense has consistently schemed guys WIDE f***ING OPEN and all Brady has to do is play pitch and catch with these dudes for big gains. There is at least one guy wide open on every play (at least against the Steelers...)

Brady has fit balls in tight windows but 95% of the time he just has to get the snap, drop back and order a TB12 smoothie, and then find the guy running free and toss it to him. It’s so f***ing easy for him that it’s disgusting, and how that guy was describing every pass is EXACTLY how the announcers and media cover it. They want you to believe that Brady is dropping absolute dimes all over the field, into perfect coverage, at 42, with 6 rings on his hands...

You take any starting QB in the league and put him in that system, with guys wide open on every down, and they’ll have success. He’ll, Matt f***ing Cassell played a whole season in that system, went 11-5, and then fleeced the Chiefs who thought he was the real deal, only to find out that it wasn’t HIM, it was the system he was playing in.

The slobberfest every season is sickening and it doesn’t look like it risk be ending anytime soon.

“Welcome to Super Bowl 65, where 11 time champ, Tom Brady, at 64, will be looking for ring number 12 to make it a perfect dozen.”

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Been saying this exact thing for years but guys like Fatty McLardy get all bent out of shape when you highlight it.

For nearly 2 decades the Patriots offense has consistently schemed guys WIDE ****ING OPEN and all Brady has to do is play pitch and catch with these dudes for big gains. There is at least one guy wide open on every play (at least against the Steelers...)

Brady has fit balls in tight windows but 95% of the time he just has to get the snap, drop back and order a TB12 smoothie, and then find the guy running free and toss it to him. It’s so ****ing easy for him that it’s disgusting, and how that guy was describing every pass is EXACTLY how the announcers and media cover it. They want you to believe that Brady is dropping absolute dimes all over the field, into perfect coverage, at 42, with 6 rings on his hands...

You take any starting QB in the league and put him in that system, with guys wide open on every down, and they’ll have success. He’ll, Matt ****ing Cassell played a whole season in that system, went 11-5, and then fleeced the Chiefs who thought he was the real deal, only to find out that it wasn’t HIM, it was the system he was playing in.

The slobberfest every season is sickening and it doesn’t look like it risk be ending anytime soon.

“Welcome to Super Bowl 65, where 11 time champ, Tom Brady, at 64, will be looking for ring number 12 to make it a perfect dozen.”

You would think that at some point a DC like Butler would simply line 11 men up on the line, hold the WR's off of the line for 5 straight plays and hit Brady into oblivion..... I mean if I'm going to lose anyway, somebody's gonna get ktfo..... right?

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I hate to admit it but I think Neon is right about Ben. I also think if that happens, maybe Tomlin is gone next year.

If that happens, the organization should really go into full tank mode. The 2020-21 season is going to be absolutely ridiculous for teams who know they don't have a shot. You're going to see teams do some incredible things not to win games so they have a chance at Lawrence.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
You would think that at some point a DC like Butler would simply line 11 men up on the line, hold the WR's off of the line for 5 straight plays and hit Brady into oblivion..... I mean if I'm going to lose anyway, somebody's gonna get ktfo..... right?
It was laughable that midway through the 4th quarter, the Steelers started blitzing.

Might as well start the game doing that and be in Brady’s face on every snap and even knock him down a few times. The friggin receivers are wide open anyway, so might as well just let them run free and house blitz Brady.

Reactions: John Titor

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Getting pressure on Brady has been the only way to beat the Pats for like 20 years

I think I got closer to Brady by going to a game once than Bud Dupree ever has playing in one against him.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan and JTG

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Maybe people are open so much because it is a really well designed offense and Brady is really good at reading the defense and finding the holes.

The idea that it has nothing or little to do with Brady is just nutty.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Brady is an amazing QB. His release is insanely fast which makes it difficult to get to him. There's a reason the only thing that's worked on him is tight man-to-man coverage + heavy pressure. You have to throw off his timing, give him little to nothing early, and get in his face otherwise he'll pick you apart.

The reason the short routes work so well for him is his insane accuracy. 9/10 times his guy is catching in full stride. The Pats YAC is probably among the best in the league every year for that reason alone. Ben has tried to do this but his throws are off target too often. The plays get stopped after just a few yards where for Brady it's probably another 5-10.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Brady is an amazing QB. His release is insanely fast which makes it difficult to get to him. There's a reason the only thing that's worked on him is tight man-to-man coverage + heavy pressure. You have to throw off his timing, give him little to nothing early, and get in his face otherwise he'll pick you apart.

The reason the short routes work so well for him is his insane accuracy. 9/10 times his guy is catching in full stride. The Pats YAC is probably among the best in the league every year for that reason alone. Ben has tried to do this but his throws are off target too often. The plays get stopped after just a few yards where for Brady it's probably another 5-10.

Yeah he REALLY needs to be forced off his Nbr1. Take those extra microseconds to find the second guy, and then MAYBE the pressure can make him actually move, which he’s too old to do well.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It was laughable that midway through the 4th quarter, the Steelers started blitzing.

Might as well start the game doing that and be in Brady’s face on every snap and even knock him down a few times. The friggin receivers are wide open anyway, so might as well just let them run free and house blitz Brady.

The point to playing man on Brady's receivers is that you jam them at the line of scrimmage and force him to hold the ball a split second longer. At the same time, you bring pressure.

But, man with that 4 person cupcake rush gets chewed up and spit out the same as zone with a 4 person cupcake rush.

The key with Brady ALWAYS has been affect the timing of his receivers by jamming them and bring pressure. Whether you play man or zone, you're dead if you don't do that.

EDIT: The ONLY other time something outside of that works, be it offensively or defensively, is if Hoodie isn't expecting it. BUT, that only works 1 time, and then Hoodie is ready for it (if he doesn't successfully adjust in game). Sunday's game plan literally was 'hey, this worked last year' . . . :laugh:

Reactions: John Titor

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Bum Phillips once said of Chuck Noll (not the exact quote): "He'll take his'ns and beat your'ns and take your'ns and beat his'ns."

Is there anyone who doubts that the same doesn't apply to Hoodie and Tomlin?

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Maybe people are open so much because it is a really well designed offense and Brady is really good at reading the defense and finding the holes.

The idea that it has nothing or little to do with Brady is just nutty.
Call it nutty if you want. Brady can absolutely read defenses with the best of them, not denying that. But he is rarely pressured and his receivers are always running WIDE OPEN. Very rarely is he forced to roll out of the pocket and then thread a dart through multiple defenders to where only his guy can catch it. You give almost any starting QB in the league that much time and comfort in the pocket and then receivers running wide open with nobody within 5 yards of them, they’ll be successful .

And it absolutely is the game plan. BB is constantly coming up with new schemes and wrinkles with a pick here and a rub there to insure that his guys are running free and Brady can toss it to them. He also coaches his guys up on the rules like no other. The Pats were picking and rubbing Steeler defenders all night to get separation and we’re getting away with it. The one time I saw the Steelers try it and JuJu got a big gain out of it, the Pat defender felt the shoulder of whoever was rubbing him, planted a foot in the ground, and then launched himself backwards in a dive that would of made Steve Avery proud. He coaches his guys to do this to get as many calls as he can.

In a game last season between the Pats and the Packers, Brady even admitted they had Rodgers been playing in New England since he came into the league, he would likely have multiple rings by now. Call it blowing smoke up your opponents ass if you will, but I think it was absolutely an admission by Brady that it’s the system more than anything in New England. But that system DEMANDS that everyone is on the same page and that mistakes are nearly non existent and NOBODY is above the team. Brady isn’t like Peyton in his preparation for games and the system demands that. 11 men need to be in sync on every play and they will have success.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->