The Pittsbugher Thread: 5-4 And Ice Follies in the Netherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
By the way, seeing the likes of James Jones and Deion Sanders defend Garrett and cry foul about Rudolph - there has to be a narrative there right? Both dudes hate the Steelers and/or possibly making it a racial thing. Oh and Deion is buddies with AB - i hope that dipstick becomes FSU’s coach and fails miserably. That’s all I’ll say about that.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
the Mason lovers, please go rewatch the game and focus in on Mason vs. Baker.

You know who else was far from great tonight? Baker Mayfield. He’s a 2nd overall pick and is nothing more than a good QB.

But the plays he made tonight? He made them because he’s got good pocket presence and knows when to make a move outside to keep a play alive and throw downfield. That was pretty much the difference beyond Mason’s awful INTs was a few throws downfield with Baker using his feet to make a play. Good to great QBs in this league do that. Mediocre QBs do what Mason does.

He’s average. Period. End of story.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Don’t let the helmet swing (as BS as it was) distract you from the fact the Steelers are in legit danger of getting swept by both the Browns and Ravens.

This isn’t a playoff team, sorry. Offense is too trash and D wasn’t so hot last night either. I’m thinking Buffalo and Oakland or Tennessee slide in. Don’t discount the Browns either.

Who thinks it’s a playoff team?

They are two wins away from what I hoped for after the Fitz trade.

However they claw and battle to get there, that’s all that matters.

Roth will be back next year hopefully and they will be a good team again, Browns will still be a huge joke though. That’s what I’m not losing sight of.

You know who else was far from great tonight? Baker Mayfield. He’s a 2nd overall pick and is nothing more than a good QB.

But the plays he made tonight? He made them because he’s got good pocket presence and knows when to make a move outside to keep a play alive and throw downfield. That was pretty much the difference beyond Mason’s awful INTs was a few throws downfield with Baker using his feet to make a play. Good to great QBs in this league do that. Mediocre QBs do what Mason does.

Mayfield had horrendous accuracy when he was trying to throw from the pocket, and he has two elite flankers to throw to.

That’s how he’s looked all season, and he’s not the second coming like many predicted.

Last edited:

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017
Eh mason had a bad game, but the play of his line, wrs and rbs certainly didnt help things. When he was accurate, it was a guess to whether the wr would even hold onto the ball.

Right now we have literally 2 #3 wrs and guy off the practice squad.

Someone in here said it earlier, and i tend to agree, that felt like the browns were headhunting all game.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
You're ******* nuts if you think Garrett isn't getting the season. This is Ray Rice level. No, not the same thing, but there's video. It's playing 24/7. EVERYONE is talking about it. The only way the league doesn't catch heat is by dropping the hammer, which they will.

Mean Joe Greene used to kick people in the balls
Imagine if he did that today?

In fact, I'm quite sure Garrett would not be alive if MJG was on the field last night.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Eh mason had a bad game, but the play of his line, wrs and rbs certainly didnt help things. When he was accurate, it was a guess to whether the wr would even hold onto the ball.

Right now we have literally 2 #3 wrs and guy off the practice squad.

Someone in here said it earlier, and i tend to agree, that felt like the browns were headhunting all game.

Aikman said it best: Mason is heavy legged in the pocket

And with this OLine (who did Mason zippo favors) I think it's seriously time to let Duck play because he can just sandlot it

Mason may get killed if he keeps playing. I understand wanting to "develop" him, but we're gonna turn him into David Carr by the end of this season.

Reactions: Andy99

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
mayfield was very slippery and adept at moving around in the pocket, mason has never shown that. that and the talent differential at wide wr was the difference in this game.

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
Eh, as long as the Steelers don't go 5-11 and give a top draft pick to the Fins then this season is fine. It was doomed when Ben went down, and we now need to get some playmakers on offense. Crazy to think that 4 years ago we had Ben, Bell, Bryant and Brown. Without this talent, there isn't much we can do.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
the wide receivers are a problem when juju and johnson are playing, you cant take them off the field and not have it be a disaster

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Repost: What actually stood out to me tonight regarding the offense was how almost nothing looked different after JuJu and DJ went out. I mean, I knew Fichtner was trash beforehand, but to be an NFL OC and be running a scheme that is so terrible you can't tell the difference between JJSS, DJ, and James Washington and JW and two practice squaders...that's inexcusable. That's on Rooney. That's on Tomlin. That man should not be running this offense. It proves the scheme is completely ineffectual. It's just making Rudolph's life way harder than it would otherwise be.

The OL is getting wrecked without Munchak. If Tomlin ends up with the Redskins, if I were Rooney, I would interview him for the job.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Didn’t the Browns O-Line go from being really good to basically trash this past offseason? I don’t particularly like Mayfied but I think he’s better than he’s shown this season.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Mason isn’t playing in Stillwater anymore. If he has to step up in the pocket, Mason is DEAD. He doesn’t have the ability to process pressure and make the tight throw. He sails throws. He short arms throws. He throws late, low, high, behind, etc.

Big play early in the game on 3rd and 1 after we picked up 9 yards on first down; Diontae is WTFO on a short three yard crosser, the ball looks like it is stuck to Mason’s hand and he throws it two yards in front of, and two yards under, his intended target in Johnson.

He’s a capable back up. That’s it.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
isn't Tomlin on the competition committee or player safety committee? and he has no comment? he is a coward

there had to be a bounty last night. you had 3 helmet-to-helmet hits on 1 play resulting in JuJu's concussion. that massive cheapshot on Dionte Johnson resulting in concussion and bleeding from ear afterwards Tomlin was high-fiving the other team lol.

Myles should be banned from life like McSorley was in hockey

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017
Also, embarrassing tomlin did not stick up for his guys. In an instance like that, the team is going to look to you and the best you can say is no comment? Bad look.

Reactions: Pengwins

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
isn't Tomlin on the competition committee or player safety committee? and he has no comment? he is a coward

there had to be a bounty last night. you had 3 helmet-to-helmet hits on 1 play resulting in JuJu's concussion. that massive cheapshot on Dionte Johnson resulting in concussion and bleeding from ear afterwards Tomlin was high-fiving the other team lol.

Myles should be banned from life like McSorley was in hockey

Tomlin not commenting could be interpreted many different ways, which is why he should have commented.

Tomlin is an embarrassment

turd

Feb 1, 2013
I don’t really have an issue with Tomlin not commenting last night in the heat of the moment. I’m sure the things he really wanted to say probably weren’t very appropriate so it was best to just leave it alone until cooler heads prevailed. Tomlin has his warts, but I think crucifying him over this is just bashing him to bash him.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I don’t really have an issue with Tomlin not commenting last night in the heat of the moment. I’m sure the things he really wanted to say probably weren’t very appropriate so it was best to just leave it alone until cooler heads prevailed. Tomlin has his warts, but I think crucifying him over this is just bashing him to bash him.

My gosh, HE's THE LEADER OF THE TEAM. Rudolph commented, Kitchens commented, Pouncey, Heyward, Baker................ ect.

If you can't see why he MUST comment last night..... I don't know what to say.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008

I feel like Mayfield is good enough where the Browns won’t replace him for a while but not good enough to do any serious damage without a really good team around him.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
This is so stupid. He's not commenting to the press. No need to make things worse.

He's said plenty in the locker room. They know where he stands.

Every other single person asked answered the question. It was an easy answer to give, except for Tomlin. If you think this it is stupid to be critical of this example of failed leadership, that's on you. Many agree with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad