The Pittsbugher Thread: 5-4 And Ice Follies in the Netherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Hope it was worth it you ****ing loser. As for Pouncey, I imagine the locker room will pool some money together to pay for some of his lost pay

I could see Pouncey trying to appeal that down to a game or two. Wonder what the additional discipline will be for those that left the bench? Fines I guess?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I could see Pouncey trying to appeal that down to a game or two. Wonder what the additional discipline will be for those that left the bench? Fines I guess?

Yeah, there were certainly mitigating circumstances for Pouncey.

Maybe he can work of the exchange with the Quarterback on his time off so it is less of an adventure.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
I'll respond one last time, since we see this situation completely opposite of each other.

Give me examples of LEADERS not commenting when a major incident occurs....

Great Leaders rise to the occasion. EVERY SINGLE PERSON INVOLVED IN THE SPORT COMMENTED LAST NIGHT.......... EXCEPT ONE...... MIKE TOMLIN.

You may disagree with me, but that last statement is fact.

Hello. I'm a leader at my job. I oversee 20 people. I'm in Division I athletics. I am a part of the sports information department. I also covered an NFL team for three years.

This is all complete and utter nonsense.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Hello. I'm a leader at my job. I oversee 20 people. I'm in Division I athletics. I am a part of the sports information department. I also covered an NFL team for three years.

This is all complete and utter nonsense.

Would you like to know my resume? Just because you are a leader, it doesn't mean you are a good leader.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
Would you like to know my resume? Just because you are a leader, it doesn't mean you are a good leader.

As is evidenced by your demanding that leaders go and tell everyone and everything how they feel when those people (ie, you) don't need to know his true feelings.

His locker room needs to know. The league needs to know. They know. Spilling your tea for everyone doesn't do anything. You could listen to me, the guy who works in athletics at many levels for a living. Or you could go with what you want to believe. It's clear how you'll trend but you really shouldn't. It's not like I haven't been in media for 14 years, sports media for 9 years, and haven't been around the inner workings of NFL, NHL, and NCAA teams to see how it all works.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
As is evidenced by your demanding that leaders go and tell everyone and everything how they feel when those people (ie, you) don't need to know his true feelings.

His locker room needs to know. The league needs to know. They know. Spilling your tea for everyone doesn't do anything. You could listen to me, the guy who works in athletics at many levels for a living. Or you could go with what you want to believe. It's clear how you'll trend but you really shouldn't. It's not like I haven't been in media for 14 years, sports media for 9 years, and haven't been around the inner workings of NFL, NHL, and NCAA teams to see how it all works.

Per DK:

Two representatives of the Steelers spoke in the designated press conference area. One was Tomlin, who refused to speak to the matter. Asked once, twice, then a third time, he snapped to the last of those questions, “No more questions regarding that because I’m saying nothing.”
Wow. That’s too bad. It’s standard personal policy for him to avoid addressing such matters, but this was anything but a standard scene. It was extraordinary. And he prioritized one of his many petty behavioral foibles with the press over that.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think that's a fair amount of games for each person suspended, maybe you can argue Rudolph deserves a game but it's really not significant.

I just like how Browns players, coaches and owners are basically saying "Garrett ****ed up, we apologize", while fans are still trying to say "Rudolph started it!!!!!". It's like saying shooting a kid for trespassing is fine because the kid egged the older guy's house.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
Per DK:

Two representatives of the Steelers spoke in the designated press conference area. One was Tomlin, who refused to speak to the matter. Asked once, twice, then a third time, he snapped to the last of those questions, “No more questions regarding that because I’m saying nothing.”
Wow. That’s too bad. It’s standard personal policy for him to avoid addressing such matters, but this was anything but a standard scene. It was extraordinary. And he prioritized one of his many petty behavioral foibles with the press over that.

Okay and? It says he didn't speak to the press about it as he chooses not to do frequently.

The team knows. The league knows. The press and fans don't need to know.

That's not poor leadership, that's prioritizing who knows the message.

Tomlin knows if he says the wrong thing in a heated time (which it absolutely was) it makes things worse and will undo any attempt at damage control. So he doesn't say anything. How is that so hard to understand? He's not saying anything to you. It doesn't mean he's saying nothing at all.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
And they play again in Pittsburgh in two weeks. That should go well.

TanLastGemsbuck-size_restricted.gif

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Okay and? It says he didn't speak to the press about it as he chooses not to do frequently.

The team knows. The league knows. The press and fans don't need to know.

That's not poor leadership, that's prioritizing who knows the message.

Tomlin knows if he says the wrong thing in a heated time (which it absolutely was) it makes things worse and will undo any attempt at damage control. So he doesn't say anything. How is that so hard to understand? He's not saying anything to you. It doesn't mean he's saying nothing at all.

I had to research this, but like you, I have also led. I took a course which was required by the Corporation and most of what I learned, I had already knew from experience. Taken directly from the course is as follows:

#1 made when dealing with a crisis/major event
Communication – Communication is a staple of crisis management. No one will ever complain for being communicated with too much during a crisis as long as communications are clear, concise and timely.

Edit:
Freddie Kitchens spoke about the incident, and handled it pretty damn good. As did all of the Browns and Steelers players. ONE MAN declined to comment, ONE MAN. And you think that's good leadership? It's an opinion, there is no clear definition of right or wrong. But if you gathered together a group of the greatest leaders in history, I think they would side with me on this one and suggest Tomlin HAD TO COMMENT, and comment forcefully for his TEAM>

Last edited:

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I had to research this, but like you, I have also led. I took a course which was required by the Corporation and most of what I learned, I had already knew from experience. Taken directly from the course is as follows:

#1 made when dealing with a crisis/major event
Communication – Communication is a staple of crisis management. No one will ever complain for being communicated with too much during a crisis as long as communications are clear, concise and timely.

Edit:
Freddie Kitchens spoke about the incident, and handled it pretty damn good. As did all of the Browns and Steelers players. ONE MAN declined to comment, ONE MAN. And you think that's good leadership? It's an opinion, there is no clear definition of right or wrong. But if you gathered together a group of the greatest leaders in history, I think they would side with me on this one and suggest Tomlin HAD TO COMMENT, and comment forcefully for his TEAM>

You define this situation as a "crisis"?

A crisis is when an oil rig spills billions of gallons into the Gulf
A crisis is when a player collapses on the field

If Mason was laying in the hospital fighting for his life, then yea probably wise for Tomlin to say a few words. He did with Shazier.

Tomlin owes the fans nothing. MT was probably fired up about the incident and he knew he'd say something off the cuff

Reactions: kladorf2005

turd

Feb 1, 2013
My gosh, HE's THE LEADER OF THE TEAM. Rudolph commented, Kitchens commented, Pouncey, Heyward, Baker................ ect.

If you can't see why he MUST comment last night..... I don't know what to say.
What would you have wanted him to say? That it has no place in the game, and that it’s not right what Garrett did, and so on and so on? Throw a couple standard cliches in there for good measure? I mean honestly, what f***ing difference does it make whether Tomlin speaks on it or not? Not to mention, it’ll no doubt be a topic at his press conference next week. And even if he ‘no comments’ his way out of that, again... who f***ing cares?
Because you know it, I know it, everyone knows it... the people who hate Tomlin already would find something to bitch about if he DID make a comment. Probably including yourself.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Yeah, I don't get the big deal with Tomlin keeping his trap shut after the game.The standard is the standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad